Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 9:57 AM

Default Really upset with Turners right now :(

I am reposting this in this forum as recommended by the folks in the General chat. They said I should repost it here. Here is the story:

I am pretty frustrated right now. I paid my gun in full.. waited 10 days, just to drive 20 miles and be told "It looks like your gun didnt make it on the truck this week."

Really? Has this happened to anyone else? What if it misses the truck next week too? And week after that? How is this acceptable that my firearms, that is registered to me, with a serial number (aka, noone else can take it)... is no where to be found?

I now have to wait until Wednesday and hope that it makes it next time? They only get trucks on Wednesdays... so extra 5 days for me... what a bunch of bull :/

Had to cancel my trip to the range tomorrow.

This was at Turner's in Signal Hill (southern cali).

pretty upset right now that I have to wait 15 days instead of the standard 10

PS - I hope they buy me a box or 2 of ammo or give me store credit towards another gun purchase, otherwise this will be the last time I deal with them. This is unacceptable.

EDIT - (March 9, 2012) - Update to the story on page 2... or you can click HERE to go to it.

Last edited by Chrushev; 03-09-2012 at 8:30 AM..
Old 03-03-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev View Post
I am pretty frustrated right now. I paid my gun in full.. waited 10 days, just to drive 20 miles and be told "It looks like your gun didnt make it on the truck this week."
Frankly, I bought my first gun from Turner's and received HORRIBLE service. Overly slow at every stage.

I just got a, "Sorry"...

Anyways, think of this as a reason to not do business with Turner's in the future.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 AM

I've bought 3 guns from them all at separate times and I was pleased with everything. Ask them to make it right by giving you credit or ammo and I'm sure they will
Old 03-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I had that happen to me once when I bought a gun there. Seems like they could at least call you when your gun isn't going to be there. I don't shop there anymore.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:57 AM

As I posted in the other thread, I am having the exact same issue.
Even the timing is the same. I know they are having issues getting serial numbers from the warehouse, in my case that was on a Sat, went back on Monday and supposedly got a serial number to start the DROS, went back in ten days for the pick up...and no rifle to pick up.
One of the black shirts did the DROS, so I thought I was good to go(silly me).
Now I have to make another trip this coming Wed. and see if it comes in.
I hope I get a gift card!(wishful thinking)
Old 03-03-2012, 11:04 AM

I recommend calling and confirming your gun came in at Turners since you are not really buying one from that store, but rather from their distant warehouse! You would think they would have a checklist; they know we are frustrated enough with California's silly gun laws without Turners adding to it!!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 AM

and the sad part is they probably could give two *****s about this sale.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding
Old 03-03-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
I recommend calling and confirming your gun came in at Turners since you are not really buying one from that store, but rather from their distant warehouse! You would think they would have a checklist; they know we are frustrated enough with California's silly gun laws without Turners adding to it!!
I have bought several guns from Turners and have not had any issues, however I think it is Turners responsibility to contact a buyer if the gun will not be available by the date and time they put on the paper work they make you sign.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 AM
CGN Contributor

OP, just to let you know, the Turners rep usually replies during normal business hours, so don't expect anything until Monday.

That said, one would hope that if something "misses the truck", that Turners could do a special delivery to get a gun to your store before the next truck run.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 03-03-2012, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms1 View Post
I have bought several guns from Turners and have not had any issues, however I think it is Turners responsibility to contact a buyer if the gun will not be available by the date and time they put on the paper work they make you sign.
Umm..YEAH!
Old 03-03-2012, 4:18 PM

I suggest that anyone who buys a gun at Turners writes on the paperwork the following:

"If the gun is not available at the day and time indicted on this paperwork then Turners will refund the service fee and provide 100 rounds of ammunition for this firearm"

What the heck is the "service fee" for anyways?
Old 03-03-2012, 4:36 PM
Calguns Addict

screw turners....
took me 2hrs to ppt today because they screwed their own system up...

was going to by the lower thats on sale,said screw it and will buy elsewhere at a later date...same for the rest of the year for any other turners purchase,banned from my bank account for the year
Old 03-03-2012, 5:09 PM
Chaotic Neutral
CGN Contributor

I always call before coming to pick things up. Turners does a lot of volume and I am not surprised that they can't keep track of the status of every individual gun at all times. If I really want to be sure that I can get the gun after 10 days, I make sure to buy it from their in-store stock. If it's not in-stock, I buy it somewhere else or take my chances with delivery. No matter who is selling it, there is no guarantee it will be transacted from a warehouse on time.

Today I went in to the Pasadena store to get a couple of the lowers on sale and the store was PACKED, looked to be at least an hour and a half wait behind a herd of tire-kickers to get served. Michelle (who helped me out with an order problem earlier this week) saw me waiting, so she jumped me ahead in line and got me set up in less than ten minutes. Awesome customer service for returning customers!
Old 03-03-2012, 6:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeylice View Post
I always call before coming to pick things up. Turners does a lot of volume and I am not surprised that they can't keep track of the status of every individual gun at all times. If I really want to be sure that I can get the gun after 10 days, I make sure to buy it from their in-store stock. If it's not in-stock, I buy it somewhere else or take my chances with delivery. No matter who is selling it, there is no guarantee it will be transacted from a warehouse on time.

Today I went in to the Pasadena store to get a couple of the lowers on sale and the store was PACKED, looked to be at least an hour and a half wait behind a herd of tire-kickers to get served. Michelle (who helped me out with an order problem earlier this week) saw me waiting, so she jumped me ahead in line and got me set up in less than ten minutes. Awesome customer service for returning customers!
So she just screwed over the other customers that were waiting in line ahead of you?

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 03-03-2012, 6:16 PM
Not a Mod
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
So she just screwed over the other customers that were waiting in line ahead of you?
Good point.

They are slow - especially for PPT transfers (which NOBODY makes money on), but overall, I've had decent luck with them. As with all businesses, a little communication ON BOTH sides works wonders.

I'm just glad they are another option for buying guns and gun supplies.

Good gosh guys - there are other gun stores with much worse service. (Biting tongue)...

Old 03-03-2012, 6:31 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
sure sounds like it.

hat's like those that complain when Turner's runs the ticket number system and they have to wait longer to be helped. Well, if all those people are already there, you're gonna have to wait, ticket or not, unless you cut the line.

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 03-03-2012, 6:41 PM

Quote:
I went there today to do the same thing but saw the crowd and decided to do it another day.
Old 03-03-2012, 7:12 PM

Let me put this way~~~~
Turner is growing into the business entity that is ok to ignore some customers.
I have always seen that they said they are fixing the system to speed up the process.
Personally, I think it's just excuse for them.
They keep saying they are in the process of upgrading. Does it mean that Turner stores don't care about their customers. Just let them wait for it.
There are many ways to work around the current issue. I don't see they are working on it.
Therefore, I chose not to buy from them.
01001001011001100010000001111001011011110111010100 10000001100011011000010110111000100000011101010110 11100110010001100101011100100010000001110100011010 00011001010111001101100101001000000111010001100101 01111000011101000010110000100000011110010110111101 11010100100000011010000110000101110110011001010010 00000110100001101001011001110110100000100000010010 01010100010010000001100001011100110010000001101101 01100101001011100010000001010000011001010110000101 100011011001010010000000100001
Old 03-03-2012, 7:30 PM
Chaotic Neutral
CGN Contributor

Quote:
She took my ID and my coupon, I told her I wanted two of them. She got the process started and then started helping someone else. Then when she was done with them, she handed me the paperwork to sign, and I was done. No one got screwed over, no one had to wait any longer, she just multitasked. I knew exactly what I wanted and it took maybe 5 minutes of her time to get it done, while she was helping other customers at the same time. This isn't discourtesy, it's EFFICIENCY.

People around here seem to want to hate Turner's. They have one or two experiences that they consider bad, and anything that happens there which inconveniences them the slightest bit is taken as a personal affront. What the workers at Turner's do is a time-consuming process, and they're working with a system that is antiquated and can't just be instantly upgraded because we want it to be. Sometimes you just have to wait! Not receiving instant gratification doesn't meant that Turner's has a policy of offending customers.

Last edited by monkeylice; 03-03-2012 at 7:37 PM..
Old 03-03-2012, 7:39 PM

Quote:
She got the process started and then started helping someone else.
This is my issue with them too. If I'm there spending my money, SPEND THE TIME WITH ME! Don't screw off and take care of other customers too.. I'm there, working with someone. Deal with ME. THEN deal with someone else.

It's rude, bad customer service, and makes me feel like I'm not valued.

I was GOING to buy my M&P 9c at Turners a few days ago, but after being ignored for 2 hours, I went to a place that valued my business; The Shootist. They handled my purchase from beginning to end without "multitasking". They treated me like I was valuable. Not just another person they have to "deal with".

Seriously, I'm done with Turner's... They need to shape up, in a big way to get my business back.
Old 03-03-2012, 7:45 PM
Chaotic Neutral
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
This is my issue with them too. If I'm there spending my money, SPEND THE TIME WITH ME! Don't screw off and take care of other customers too.. I'm there, working with someone. Deal with ME. THEN deal with someone else.

It's rude, bad customer service, and makes me feel like I'm not valued.
I didn't have an issue with it. Why shouldn't she talk to the next customer (especially since I was cutting in line) when her alternative is to sit and stare at a computer until the network spits out the information she needs to continue the process? She resumed working with me as soon as she had something for me to do, and it was only a few minutes.

Maybe I am overly sympathetic with them because I work a job myself that requires a lot of service, but it seems like people are way too unreasonably demanding. There are only so many people who can crowd up against the display cases at Turner's and be helped simultaneously.
Old 03-03-2012, 7:53 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I didn't have an issue with it. Why shouldn't she talk to the next customer (especially since I was cutting in line) when her alternative is to sit and stare at a computer until the network spits out the information she needs to continue the process? She resumed working with me as soon as she had something for me to do, and it was only a few minutes.

Maybe I am overly sympathetic with them because I work a job myself that requires a lot of service, but it seems like people are way too unreasonably demanding. There are only so many people who can crowd up against the display cases at Turner's and be helped simultaneously.
and how do you know that none of those "tire-kickers" that were there before you just standing around were waiting to do the same thing you did? That they knew exactly what they wanted and just needed to do the paperwork. So, you still cut in front of them.

Old 03-03-2012, 7:59 PM
Veteran Member

Happened to me at the Pasadena store...

I was called in before my pick up date to "do paperwork." As this was my first purchase, I was not too aware of the process. Showed up after they called me to take care of it, got there, only to be told that they found my paperwork and I "should" have been put on the "ready" pile.

So for the same purchase, I show up pick-up day just to be told my 10/22 did not make the truck. Okay, so I had to show up the next day.

What really pissed me off was the fact that NO ONE could pick up the phone to let me know not to show up!! That's all I needed, just a heads up. But NO, I have to drive my H3 to Pasadena from the Valley @ over $4.00/ gallon.

What did I get for my troubles, 2 trips to Pasadena, and time lost....a single box of Remington Golden Bullet .22.

What a shame....Turner's sucks balls.

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

Last edited by JNunez23; 03-03-2012 at 8:02 PM..
Old 03-03-2012, 8:03 PM
Chaotic Neutral
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
and how do you know that none of those "tire-kickers" that were there before you just standing around were waiting to do the same thing you did? That they knew exactly what they wanted and just needed to do the paperwork. So, you still cut in front of them.
That's true, some of them may have known what they wanted and right away. I was just standing there and was just asked what's up, I didn't nose my way in.

If there is anything Turner's could do to improve customer service, I'd say they should open a lane on their gun section that is reserved for people who are there to pick up or buy and know exactly what they want, and maybe even for people who are there for a PPT.
Old 03-03-2012, 8:09 PM

As far as I'm concerned, one sales rep should help one person until they're done; especially if they're in the process of buying/picking up/transferring a gun. There is NO excuse for walking away and helping someone else while you are ACTIVELY working with another.

It's bad service and just plain rude. And, it KEEPS happening to me at the Corona store.

I don't mind waiting my turn; what I do mind is that after I've WAITED, being treated like I'm not important.
Old 03-03-2012, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNunez23 View Post
But NO, I have to drive my H3 to Pasadena from the Valley @ over $4.00/ gallon.

What did I get for my troubles, 2 trips to Pasadena, and time lost....a single box of Remington Golden Bullet .22.

What a shame....Turner's sucks balls.
Why did you buy your 10/22 at the Pasadena store when you could have done the same at the Reseda store with less effort?
Old 03-03-2012, 9:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, one sales rep should help one person until they're done; especially if they're in the process of buying/picking up/transferring a gun. There is NO excuse for walking away and helping someone else while you are ACTIVELY working with another.

It's bad service and just plain rude. And, it KEEPS happening to me at the Corona store.

I don't mind waiting my turn; what I do mind is that after I've WAITED, being treated like I'm not important.
yes the corona store does suck....

manager was rude as hell to me because the ppt gun i was selling was behind the counter and the buyer wanted to see it since he arrived 5 mins after me.the a**hat manager told me to wait..!!!! for my own gun..
he later said sorry i9 though you were trying to sell to someone else other then your pre-set buyer...totally lost my business from now on....
Old 03-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Chaotic Neutral
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Ahhh, I've never been to the Corona store... Maybe there are some of the stores that just suck. I guess I shouldn't blanketly defend the company based on the good experiences I've had at a few stores, but I don't think people should blanketly hate the whole company for their bad experiences, either.
Old 03-04-2012, 7:07 AM

I found that Turners stores are managed very differently and that the BAD ONES like San Bernardino and Signal Hill never change.

I never go there to do any regular business for that reason, but can't help but go there to save a few bucks on a deal.
Old 03-04-2012, 7:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
She took my ID and my coupon, I told her I wanted two of them. She got the process started and then started helping someone else. Then when she was done with them, she handed me the paperwork to sign, and I was done. No one got screwed over, no one had to wait any longer, she just multitasked. I knew exactly what I wanted and it took maybe 5 minutes of her time to get it done, while she was helping other customers at the same time. This isn't discourtesy, it's EFFICIENCY.

People around here seem to want to hate Turner's. They have one or two experiences that they consider bad, and anything that happens there which inconveniences them the slightest bit is taken as a personal affront. What the workers at Turner's do is a time-consuming process, and they're working with a system that is antiquated and can't just be instantly upgraded because we want it to be. Sometimes you just have to wait! Not receiving instant gratification doesn't meant that Turner's has a policy of offending customers.
Shouldn't she have multi-tasked with the next person in line? Maybe they knew exaclty what they wanted and it also could have been handled quickly. We'll never know since she screwed that customer and helped you.

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 03-04-2012, 7:33 AM

Quote:
Repeat customers that actually spend money always get priority in any business.
Member #46312
Old 03-04-2012, 8:18 AM
Banned

Quote:

so stop going there. Why don't all of you stop going there. They suck, all we ever see is how much this is the case. STOP GIVING THEM MONEY. When they're out of business, we'll have on average much better gun shops to deal with. If you have to drive 90 miles to do business at a good shop, do it.
Old 03-04-2012, 8:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagedude88 View Post
Why did you buy your 10/22 at the Pasadena store when you could have done the same at the Reseda store with less effort?
Oh Really, why didn't I think of that?? Thank's Einstein!

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!
Old 03-04-2012, 8:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme92069 View Post
Repeat customers that actually spend money always get priority in any business.
Because you can always tell the others in line are broke and pieces of trash not worthy of time since you don't know them right?

Boy you sure were raised to judge a book by its cover.

Reminds me of a salesman I know who took a client everyone turned away for his ragged hair and clothes. They just told a man worth 25 million to **** off, guess who got the commission for selling his 15 million dollar home in Sherwood? Not those who judged the man they did not know..... But then again we are talking a top 50 employee in the nation.... no a Turners employee that was able to escape from Little Caesers.
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 – 1873)

Last edited by Rhythm of Life; 03-04-2012 at 8:42 AM..
Old 03-04-2012, 8:47 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

the majority of my guns have been FFL transfers (not through Turners) and several of them took longer to arrive than expected - it's just part of the shipping process...

I've only bought three guns from Turners over the years, but they were all in stock so it was non-issue (and 2 of the 3 were just "to have" guns so I wasnt in a hurry)... I buy lots of accessories, ammo, etc from Turners and for the past 6+ months have had real good customer service (the cashier at SH is good and all the folks at Nor are very good).

It does suck that OP made plans to go to range and didn't get gun as expected - It makes sense that Turners should have notified him of delay. I can't say for sure, but I'm inclined to think Norwalk would have (they have contacted me for far less hyper-sensitive issues)... I shop at Signal Hill occasionally, but when it's for optics or knives (behind the gun counter), I experience the "ignore" issue too... some of the gun counter guys there could use training in customer service.

-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCloud9 View Post
We're screwed. The left was fooled by Obama and the right is being fooled by Trump.
I'm outa here!!! Less than two week countdown - See Ya CA (you slimeball of a state)... Good luck CGN Brothers
Old 03-05-2012, 9:20 AM

Thanks for your replies guys, looks like this is not uncommon. I guess I am going to cross my fingers and hope that it "makes the truck" on Wednesday... and I hope they compensate me somehow, a box of ammo or credit towards next gun purchase or something.. but im not holding my breath on that one
Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm of Life View Post
Because you can always tell the others in line are broke and pieces of trash not worthy of time since you don't know them right?

Boy you sure were raised to judge a book by its cover.

Reminds me of a salesman I know who took a client everyone turned away for his ragged hair and clothes. They just told a man worth 25 million to **** off, guess who got the commission for selling his 15 million dollar home in Sherwood? Not those who judged the man they did not know..... But then again we are talking a top 50 employee in the nation.... no a Turners employee that was able to escape from Little Caesers.
You don't know anything about me. No need to make this personal.

You don't make a extra effort to please repeat customers?
Member #46312
Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 AM

I've learned to contact turners prior to make sure that they have my rifle/pistol in. I also ask ahead of time how many people waiting to gauge when I should go pick up the item. When the same thing that happened to the OP happened to me. Turner's gave me a free box of ammo. Yeah the wait sucks but when they call your number I get nothing but good customer service. GL to the OP and hope everything works out.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme92069 View Post
You don't know anything about me. No need to make this personal.

You don't make a extra effort to please repeat customers?
I do, but in doing so I will not alienate new customers and make them feel like second class citizens in comparison to VIP Joe Blow.

I might have a customer that spends $20 a day but my new customer could be spending $2000 a month. To ignore him to pay attention to my $20 a day regular is absurd and poor business practice.

No one should get preferential treatment. If you feel entitled to it fine, but you did not earn it.
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 – 1873)
Old 03-05-2012, 10:39 AM

Seems like turners needs to go to a commission type pay for their employees. Maybe that would give them more incentive to help you and to follow up on the sale. My 2 cents