Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
berettabattler berettabattler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 255
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default Second thoughts..

so last year I purchased an P226 in .40...

so last night I went to the range with an friend that had an glock 22.... and as much as I hate to say it.. I was shooting better with the glock than the sig..

I was hitting the 10's constant with the glock... where as the sig, I was all over the place...

I'm thinking about selling the sig .40 and invest in an glock.. either an 17/19.. keep the cost of ammunition down..

anyone know what's an reasonable price to sell the .40 for?

thanks..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:27 PM
bubbapug1's Avatar
bubbapug1 bubbapug1 is offline
Dazed & Confused
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South South OC
Posts: 6,358
iTrader: 255 / 100%
Default

I think they sell for around $150.00 but as you seem like a nice guy I'll pay you $175.00 for yours...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:28 PM
DrDavid's Avatar
DrDavid DrDavid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal (Riverside County)
Posts: 568
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

No, you're wrong.. They're only worth $75 or so.. But, I agree.. I'd happily offer $200 -- as a favor.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 PM
DSB's Avatar
DSB DSB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern California.
Posts: 1,076
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabattler View Post
so last year I purchased an P226 in .40...



anyone know what's an reasonable price to sell the .40 for?

thanks..
If you want current market value, take a look in the marketplace forum. The Sig 226 seems to be the most frequently sold firearm on Calguns. Not a judgment, just an observation.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 PM
berettabattler berettabattler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 255
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

I looked a little.. the prices varies from $650-$900...

mine is around <200 rounds with night sights..

what's an reasonable offer ?

thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-12-2012, 11:47 PM
InGrAM's Avatar
InGrAM InGrAM is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,700
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Don't sell the Sig unless you are absolutely sure that you don't like it. I would save and buy a used glock and then have two pistols.

But TBH, you need to shoot more, sorry but it is true. Don't go replacing a great gun because you haven't shot enough.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-2012, 11:56 PM
c3 rolling's Avatar
c3 rolling c3 rolling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 803
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

^ ya this

Glocks are cheap enough to own without selling your collection.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 AM
AeroEngi's Avatar
AeroEngi AeroEngi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,883
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InGrAM View Post
Don't sell the Sig unless you are absolutely sure that you don't like it. I would save and buy a used glock and then have two pistols.

But TBH, you need to shoot more, sorry but it is true. Don't go replacing a great gun because you haven't shot enough.
Very well said.

OP, if you've only fired 200 rounds with the Sig then you certainly need more trigger time with it. It's a great gun; give it a chance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-13-2012, 12:43 AM
doug-y-doug's Avatar
doug-y-doug doug-y-doug is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Berkeley
Posts: 625
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

I see most like yours advertised around $800 or so. Not sure if they're getting that much. The night sights will give you a little leeway.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-13-2012, 3:04 AM
Target19's Avatar
Target19 Target19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riverside
Posts: 614
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

You need more practice.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-13-2012, 4:22 AM
WolfSamurai's Avatar
WolfSamurai WolfSamurai is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 387
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Sounds like you like the lighter weight of the Glock. Try to shoot the P226 more.
__________________
The only thing necessary for the triumph of EVIL is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-13-2012, 4:47 AM
davbog44 davbog44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SW Riverside County
Posts: 521
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I say this as a die hard SIG guy; if you have genuinely given the P226 a fair shot (pun intended) and you find the Glock more to your liking, I see nothing wrong with making the switch. But just to be clear: that's if you've given the SIG a fair trial.

My experience was the exact opposite. Several years ago I bought a Glock 19. It was my first handgun that didn't have a cylinder and a Smith & Wesson logo on it. I never took to the Glock, sold it, and bought a SIG P228 and (for me) the difference was night and day.

FWIW I agree that you should browse the P226's for sale here and that ought to give you a decent idea of what to sell it for.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-13-2012, 5:42 AM
cannondalem600's Avatar
cannondalem600 cannondalem600 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 111
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I bought a 226 in 9mm two years ago. I could swear the sights were off until I had the RO and others shoot it accurately.

I practiced at the range at least 2x/month for a year, groups getting smaller, but still not great. I would ask for advice at the range from anyone helpful enough to point out my deficits. I attended a handgun class a year later and was advised to use the "high thumbs" grip for my Sig. This was probably my biggest improvement in accuracy. The recoil of the gun was stabilized much more, as there was less gaps in my grip for the gun to go a stray.

I continue to practice, 2-3x/month and have improved markedly.

Shooting well is just like any motor skill, practice is what's necessary to improve. I always use shooting a free-throw in basketball as an analogy for others to understand. Those guys shoot 90% from the line, not cause they wished it, but because they've put in the practice to do so.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 AM
berettabattler berettabattler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 255
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

currently I have 2 sig's..I have an 9mm one also...

I would love to go spend more time at the range with the .40 but the cost of ammo is keeping me back..

I have tried the glock 22/23 and liked the feel of it.. Maybe I should have spend the money on a glock instead..

with the p226 in 9mm.. is like day and night.. I love the feel of the sig's frame.. but for some reason the snappiness in the .40 doesn't make me want to go back.. TBH, I prefer the .45 over the .40... doesn't snap as much as the .40..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-13-2012, 11:02 AM
AeroEngi's Avatar
AeroEngi AeroEngi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,883
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabattler View Post
currently I have 2 sig's..I have an 9mm one also...

I would love to go spend more time at the range with the .40 but the cost of ammo is keeping me back..

I have tried the glock 22/23 and liked the feel of it.. Maybe I should have spend the money on a glock instead..

with the p226 in 9mm.. is like day and night.. I love the feel of the sig's frame.. but for some reason the snappiness in the .40 doesn't make me want to go back.. TBH, I prefer the .45 over the .40... doesn't snap as much as the .40..
So the problem you have is not the gun but the caliber.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
freonr22's Avatar
freonr22 freonr22 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 11,827
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

P220st...
__________________
<img src=http://calgunsfoundation.org/images/stories/San-Benito.jpg border=0 alt= />[IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
PandaLuv's Avatar
PandaLuv PandaLuv is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CoCo County
Posts: 623
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabattler View Post
so last year I purchased an P226 in .40...

so last night I went to the range with an friend that had an glock 22.... and as much as I hate to say it.. I was shooting better with the glock than the sig..

I was hitting the 10's constant with the glock... where as the sig, I was all over the place...

I'm thinking about selling the sig .40 and invest in an glock.. either an 17/19.. keep the cost of ammunition down..

anyone know what's an reasonable price to sell the .40 for?

thanks..
it could be just a caliber issue you are having, .40 is a bit harsh. It's not so much the gun, it's more the flinch.


Anyways, I sold my older p226 in .40, i had TFOs installed on them and an extra grip set+ 2K rounds for $650.

If yours have night sites and low round count, $750-800 is a good price.
__________________
Молон Лабе
I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Dhena81's Avatar
Dhena81 Dhena81 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,541
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InGrAM View Post
Don't sell the Sig unless you are absolutely sure that you don't like it. I would save and buy a used glock and then have two pistols.

But TBH, you need to shoot more, sorry but it is true. Don't go replacing a great gun because you haven't shot enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3 rolling View Post
^ ya this

Glocks are cheap enough to own without selling your collection.
Agreed 200 rounds is not nearly enough to determine what you are and are not accurate with. If you bought the gun last year and it's your only handgun and you only put 200 rounds downrange in that time you need to practice some more bud.

Hate to play Monday night quarterback but you should have tried different guns while you were in the market. You didn't make a bad choice I would try and dry fire as often as you can with some snap caps and make sure your trigger control is there.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-13-2012, 2:01 PM
berettabattler berettabattler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 255
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaLuv View Post
it could be just a caliber issue you are having, .40 is a bit harsh. It's not so much the gun, it's more the flinch.


Anyways, I sold my older p226 in .40, i had TFOs installed on them and an extra grip set+ 2K rounds for $650.

If yours have night sites and low round count, $750-800 is a good price.

.40 to me was a bit snappish.. where as .45.. is just a lot smoother.. I tried the .40 in the glocks... so much better...

Mine does have night sights and an pretty low round count.. I have friend less than 200 rounds through it.. the spring still have the factory paint on it.. plus factory grease..

this might be on the private sellers list soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
P220st...
tempting.. If I were to get an .45.. it probably be an 1911 railed.. either an Colt or Sig.. I just have a thing for railed 1911...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEngi View Post
So the problem you have is not the gun but the caliber.
the .40 sw snaps more than the .45 tbh.. but when I tried the glock 22/23.. it wasn't as snappy as the sig..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhena81 View Post
Agreed 200 rounds is not nearly enough to determine what you are and are not accurate with. If you bought the gun last year and it's your only handgun and you only put 200 rounds downrange in that time you need to practice some more bud.

Hate to play Monday night quarterback but you should have tried different guns while you were in the market. You didn't make a bad choice I would try and dry fire as often as you can with some snap caps and make sure your trigger control is there.

I would love to go out to the range more.. but the ammo for it is pretty pricey...

is there any good manufactures you recommend for reload?

if anything though.. still have my p226 in 9mm..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-13-2012, 2:04 PM
Gnome's Avatar
Gnome Gnome is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,693
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSamurai View Post
........Try to shoot the P226 more.
This is what I was thinking. Instead of rushing off and selling your Sig, why not practice more with it? Other than the Glock fanboys, you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would be willing to part with their Sig, for a Glock.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Pluribus Unum View Post
During Y2K my neighbor and I were talking and he said he had a basement full of water and canned food. He asked if I had stocked up and I said that I had. I told him I bought a 12 guage shotgun, a .308 rifle and several bricks of .22 ammo.

He is an anti-gun guy and he said. "Well, you can't eat ammunition". I replied with "When I'm starving to death with a case of ammunition, who's door do you think I am going to knock on?"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-13-2012, 3:33 PM
AeroEngi's Avatar
AeroEngi AeroEngi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,883
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
This is what I was thinking. Instead of rushing off and selling your Sig, why not practice more with it? Other than the Glock fanboys, you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would be willing to part with their Sig, for a Glock.
This!

Don't get me wrong, Glocks are fine firearms but I would never part with my Sig.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-13-2012, 4:13 PM
The Virus The Virus is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,135
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I sold my 226 and bought 2 M&P's it was a great choice for me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:13 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.