Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 9:43 AM

Default Great Heart for Customer Service!

I know from the thread title there will be people that agree with me, disagree and others that won’t understand what I’m talking about… I don’t normally post long winded threads… However, I wanted to share a very positive experience with a recent PSA transaction.

In the past few months I have ordered and received a number of great products (LPK, Upper assembly, ammo, etc) from PSA. I’m very happy with the quality, price and speed of shipping.

If I were to mention any issues, it would all be related to communication. I come from a customer service background and understand PSA is currently dealing with the wonderful business problem called “growing pains”. They offer quality products at a good price so many of us are responding by clicking the Buy it button. It is difficult for any business to properly prepare/anticipate future demand and many are caught by surprise when they have much more business than they can properly handle with their current staff levels. (I understand PSA is currently in the process of adding staff which is going to help improve this situation greatly.)

My recent experience, without going into all the details proved to me that PSA is a good company to do business with. They responded to my order issue by making it right immediately! There was no arguing/debating just doing the right thing for their customer.

I believe no one is without fault. There is no perfect business that never makes a mistake. No individual that thinks/does the right thing in all circumstances. It is what we do in response to our mistakes that makes the difference.

In my opinion, the owners/managers (I don’t know any of them personally) have a great heart for customer service and strive to do the RIGHT thing for their customers! This is a rare quality in business today and one that should be appreciated.

Sorry for the length of this post… Maybe too much coffee this morning… I’ll stop writing now… Thanks for reading!
Old 02-05-2012, 2:23 AM
Veteran Member

Well said!
Old 02-05-2012, 6:18 PM

Good to hear!

I hope that means they will be speedy in fixing my last order, eventhough I can't get ahold of anyone.
Old 02-06-2012, 7:11 AM

In my experience, I had the most consistent responses from their website's "Contact Us" form. They seem to monitor this pretty well. I did not have the same from direct email & phone.

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically." Albert Einstein
Old 02-06-2012, 9:30 AM

I have done both with no contact from their end in a few days.
Old 02-06-2012, 9:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfan View Post
I know from the thread title there will be people that agree with me, disagree and others that won’t understand what I’m talking about… I don’t normally post long winded threads… However, I wanted to share a very positive experience with a recent PSA transaction.

In the past few months I have ordered and received a number of great products (LPK, Upper assembly, ammo, etc) from PSA. I’m very happy with the quality, price and speed of shipping.

If I were to mention any issues, it would all be related to communication. I come from a customer service background and understand PSA is currently dealing with the wonderful business problem called “growing pains”. They offer quality products at a good price so many of us are responding by clicking the Buy it button. It is difficult for any business to properly prepare/anticipate future demand and many are caught by surprise when they have much more business than they can properly handle with their current staff levels. (I understand PSA is currently in the process of adding staff which is going to help improve this situation greatly.)

My recent experience, without going into all the details proved to me that PSA is a good company to do business with. They responded to my order issue by making it right immediately! There was no arguing/debating just doing the right thing for their customer.

I believe no one is without fault. There is no perfect business that never makes a mistake. No individual that thinks/does the right thing in all circumstances. It is what we do in response to our mistakes that makes the difference.

In my opinion, the owners/managers (I don’t know any of them personally) have a great heart for customer service and strive to do the RIGHT thing for their customers! This is a rare quality in business today and one that should be appreciated.

Sorry for the length of this post… Maybe too much coffee this morning… I’ll stop writing now… Thanks for reading!
I concur with this statement entirely, experiencing the same, especially this statement from above
-----
----

I continue to buy from them
WTT 45 ammo
KZ1000 Police Motorcycle
Movado His/Her Watches
Front Sight 4-Day Handgun $99
PM about Front Sight Lifetime Memberships or Training Certificates
Old 02-06-2012, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
I have done both with no contact from their end in a few days.
Sorry to hear that. I don't know the PSA weekend hours so I would assume there is additional delay if we try to contact them on/over a weekend.

When I had the best luck using their website "contact us" form for an order issue, I put the order number reference and the specific issue detail at the top of the form text field. I assumed that way when PSA was scanning the numerous website requests, mine would be obvious.

Just a thought, you may already be doing this..

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically." Albert Einstein
Old 02-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Vendor/Retailer

The "Contact Us" form goes to the info@palmettostatearmory.com account. Customer service is available by phone at 803-760-4004 9AM-5PM EST. However, they normally stay later than that answering e-mail inquiries. They stay very busy, but they will answer you as soon as possible.
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 02-08-2012, 8:01 PM

Contacted and my problem order fixed! thanks Palmetto!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Contacted and my problem order fixed! thanks Palmetto!
Glad to hear! This has been my experience with PSA every time.

Old 02-10-2012, 5:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just received my Patrol Carbine from PSA. hope to take it out this weeekend, but the product looks very well made. The price was a great value. It took a little less than a month for the gun to be assembled, shipped, and received by my FFL. Out here on the West Coast I don't know of any local suppliers, so you have to play the waiting game. Keep in mind, when you click "buy it", the gun is then assembled... which takes a bit of time. They are a promising young company experiencing demand that far outpaced their supply. Once this is corrected, PSA will be top-flight in both product and service. Patience is key (not a virtue amongst CA buyers since we also have a 10 day wait period on the back end ).
Old 02-13-2012, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
The "Contact Us" form goes to the info@palmettostatearmory.com account. Customer service is available by phone at 803-760-4004 9AM-5PM EST. However, they normally stay later than that answering e-mail inquiries. They stay very busy, but they will answer you as soon as possible.
The phone number you listed stills says that you are behind due to the holiday rush and does not even give the option to leave a message. It basically says that we are not going to answer the phone and to just send an e-mail. Which I tried once before and got no response. I have tried again and will hopefully get a response this time. I get that you are busy and I am glad that you are, but its February. The holidays have been over for a long time. The success you are experienceing could be fleeting if you do not resolve this issue, and I for one do not want to see that happen.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by welchy View Post
The phone number you listed stills says that you are behind due to the holiday rush and does not even give the option to leave a message. It basically says that we are not going to answer the phone and to just send an e-mail. Which I tried once before and got no response. I have tried again and will hopefully get a response this time. I get that you are busy and I am glad that you are, but its February. The holidays have been over for a long time. The success you are experienceing could be fleeting if you do not resolve this issue, and I for one do not want to see that happen.
I agree, the voicemail needs to be changed. We are in the process of installing a new phone system, and have hired additional CS representatives. It should be much more user friendly once it is up and running.

I know that the phones are being answered, because I try calling them myself. It can be difficult to get through on our current system, which is why we are upgrading.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 02-14-2012, 9:56 AM

I am hopeful that things will improve. I would really like to continue doing business with you.
Old 02-15-2012, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welchy View Post
I am hopeful that things will improve. I would really like to continue doing business with you.
I believe they will improve. They have the right attitude.... Which was the original reason for the post.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I agree, the voicemail needs to be changed. We are in the process of installing a new phone system, and have hired additional CS representatives. It should be much more user friendly once it is up and running.

I know that the phones are being answered, because I try calling them myself. It can be difficult to get through on our current system, which is why we are upgrading.

Thanks for your feedback.
I've tried calling the number you posted earlier in the thread no less than four times in the last week - with not even a single ring, it goes to the same "holiday voice message" every time with a full mailbox (unable to leave a message). Additionally, I've sent messages via your on-site inquiry messaging system and still haven't heard a thing from PSA's end..

For reference, this was in regards to a 14.7'' Hammer Forged Midlength Light Weight Upper ordered very early in the month, and I've only been trying to inquire as to an "order completed" confirmation e-mail w/ tracking number that has no activity when I check it on the UPS website. In effect, all I was looking for was clarification as to whats happened, yet it has been IMPOSSIBLE to reach anyone at PSA via any of the methods they seem to want us to utilize..

Honestly - I'm probably looking at spending some 6k on my collection this year, and I was really excited with some of PSA's offerings, but after this headache, I'm fairly confident not a penny more will be spent with PSA (at-least not in the near future). I shouldn't have to pander to a clunky CS model just to find out what's happened with the status of my order...

I've never gotten the impression that you folks were ignoring me on purpose, but as a customer who spends a fair amount of money in the industry - I've been very dissatisfied with the CS at PSA; and as a result, I'll likely be looking elsewhere to spend my hard earned money.

Food for thought.
Old 02-17-2012, 1:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv4spd View Post
I've tried calling the number you posted earlier in the thread no less than four times in the last week - with not even a single ring, it goes to the same "holiday voice message" every time with a full mailbox (unable to leave a message).
Sorry about the phone number mix up. We have a new phone system in place, and these are the new numbers (the old number is supposed to connect you as well, but it may not be working correctly. :

Web Sales Questions: 1.803.788.9095
General Questions: 1.803.240.2347

I'm not sure how far behind they are on e-mails, but we had a problem earlier this week with our server that set them back.

Just to clarify, I don't work with CS/shipping. It isn't always the best avenue to post order problems here, as I may miss your post. I do pass on problems with orders to them that I see. If you can PM me with your online order number and inquiry I will try and get them in contact with you.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 02-17-2012, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Sorry about the phone number mix up. We have a new phone system in place, and these are the new numbers (the old number is supposed to connect you as well, but it may not be working correctly. :

Web Sales Questions: 1.803.788.9095
General Questions: 1.803.240.2347

I'm not sure how far behind they are on e-mails, but we had a problem earlier this week with our server that set them back.

Just to clarify, I don't work with CS/shipping. It isn't always the best avenue to post order problems here, as I may miss your post. I do pass on problems with orders to them that I see. If you can PM me with your online order number and inquiry I will try and get them in contact with you.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Appreciate the new phone number clarification! I too had trouble with the old number.