Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 6:25 PM
Don the savage's Avatar
Don the savage Don the savage is offline
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario, Цалифорниа
Posts: 1,784
iTrader: 56 / 100%
Default Remington R-25 A2 stock change

Help a brother out. Just put down a deposit on a Remington r-25 .308 rifle. It comes with an a2 fixed stock which I plan to change out for a mil spec adjustable model. Will the stock buffer and spring work with a new tube or do I also need a new buffer and spring. I've never dealt with a .308 AR or an A2 stock.
I support peace through superior firepower.
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 6:31 PM
jess1911 jess1911 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 222
iTrader: 15 / 100%

Buffer tube will need replaced and thats it. Fixed stock tubes dont have the notches for adjusting. Buffer and spring will be fine provided you dont change barrel lengths.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 6:31 PM
Bete Noire's Avatar
Bete Noire Bete Noire is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego Area
Posts: 501
iTrader: 18 / 100%

A2 fixed stock uses a different length buffer and spring than the carbine length adjustable stock does.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 6:31 PM
crazychinaman crazychinaman is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Bay/LAX
Posts: 1,558
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Smile r25

Depends on what stock.Magpul prs.The answer is no.You need nothing.Just unscrew the two screws at the back and switch stocks. If a colasping stock, then you need to change the buffer tube and spring.unless you use slashes buffer ,than you can use standard ar-15 buffer tube .You must use the .308 spring. though.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 6:33 PM
frigginchi's Avatar
frigginchi frigginchi is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,168
iTrader: 4 / 100%

Gotta get a carbine buffer and spring, rifle buffer is too long for adjustable stock.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host., the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.