Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-28-2012, 6:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Remington R-25 A2 stock change

Help a brother out. Just put down a deposit on a Remington r-25 .308 rifle. It comes with an a2 fixed stock which I plan to change out for a mil spec adjustable model. Will the stock buffer and spring work with a new tube or do I also need a new buffer and spring. I've never dealt with a .308 AR or an A2 stock.
Thanks
Don
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 01-28-2012, 6:31 PM

Buffer tube will need replaced and thats it. Fixed stock tubes dont have the notches for adjusting. Buffer and spring will be fine provided you dont change barrel lengths.

A2 fixed stock uses a different length buffer and spring than the carbine length adjustable stock does.

Smile r25

Depends on what stock.Magpul prs.The answer is no.You need nothing.Just unscrew the two screws at the back and switch stocks. If a colasping stock, then you need to change the parts.new buffer tube and spring.unless you use slashes buffer ,than you can use standard ar-15 buffer tube .You must use the .308 spring. though.
Old 01-28-2012, 6:33 PM

Gotta get a carbine buffer and spring, rifle buffer is too long for adjustable stock.