Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:17 AM

Thumbs up Bay Area Rifle Championship is coming soon!

The stages have been posted and so are the squad lists! Which squad are you in? What classification are you shooting in? I'm in #2.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

Squad 3, Tactical (I assume you mean division and not classification?)
Old 03-19-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gose View Post
Squad 3, Tactical (I assume you mean division and not classification?)
Gose,

Yes, my bad, which division are you guys shooting in? I wanted to be in the same squad as TMC and perhaps sargenv so I can pick off some moves from them, but oh well.

It seems like an even distribution of experienced shooters amongst the squads.

I was thinking of handing out the AR flyer that we have on this board. Do you think that's a good idea or does the club prohibit that? It's not anything political.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member

Um, squad 0.. but then I'm scoring the match and am part of admin staff and um, I'm shooting Bolt action.

Vince
Old 03-19-2007, 3:10 PM

I'm going and I should be squadded w/ gose (since I'm letting him use a few of my 30's for the match). I'm pretty new (will have done 3 Chabot tac rifle and 3 chabot tac pistol shoots by then) but it looks like a blast. I definitely hope to learn something from the experts
Old 03-29-2007, 8:23 AM

It seems like Mr. Linder has been pretty busy moving/changing shooters! I haven't moved from my squad.

I gotta quick question: does the USPSA plan to do classifications in 3-gun?
Old 03-29-2007, 9:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterx10 View Post
It seems like Mr. Linder has been pretty busy moving/changing shooters! I haven't moved from my squad.
I gotta quick question: does the USPSA plan to do classifications in 3-gun?
Even though it's mentioned in the rules, I havent heard of any plans to publish rifle/shotgun classifiers.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:33 PM

Squad #2 Tactical. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Well, I loaded about 120 rounds of my 308 ammo tonight. I think the required amount for a bolt gun is like 80 rounds.. maybe a few more. I need to do some practicing with it running and gunning as reloading into a 5 round box magazine is going to be interesting. With the Southwest regional Revolver match the week before, I'm going to be very confused this month

Vince
Old 04-27-2007, 11:24 PM

Question practice on Saturday...

This may be a bit late, but is anyone going to Richmond to zero their rifles on Saturday morning. I'll be there around 9AM when the range opens and probably shoot the 25 yarder on stage 3 after I get zeroed/dialed in.

PM me with your cel so probably we can hook up.

See ya there!
Old 04-29-2007, 1:18 AM

Man, I wish I could at least go watch. Duty calls, and I must answer! Can't shoot without a rifle anyway.....
Old 04-29-2007, 8:02 PM

CRAP!! I just joined this board today and I hadn't heard about this match before. Wish I could have shot it! I was in LA yesterday for the tac match in Palmdale that Timberwolf put together and I would have loved to shoot another one the next day. That would be a perfect weekend.

I live in Castro Valley and I shoot the long range tac match in Sacramento every month. Maybe I know some of you guys. Was Scot H. from the Chabot range there? Would love to hear a description about the match and how it went for you guys.

Will there be another of it's type any time soon? I don't mind driving anywhere in the state. Have gun will travel!

Marc
Castro Valley
Old 04-30-2007, 7:15 AM

I think the MD said he was going to start threads on a couple of Boards for reviews etc. It was a pretty good match. Lots of fun. Good mix of hard and not too hard shots.
Old 04-30-2007, 8:50 AM

There's a USPSA Multi-gun match (rifle, pistol, and shotgun) out at Richmond on 22 July. richmondhotshots.com

But Chabot Gun Club runs local tactical rifle matches the 3rd Sunday of every other month - many of us here attend those.

Check out chabotgunclub.com and look at "Tactical Rifle" under the Matches category. We just shot it 2 wks ago so the next one is in June. Tactical Handgun is also a good time.

Chabot also runs 3-gun matches the first Sunday of each month. Next Sunday is a carbine match (rifle and pistol - no shotgun).

Come on out - there's something going on pretty much every wkend
Old 04-30-2007, 7:01 PM

I've read about the Chabot tactical match but it only goes to 50 yards as I recall. Scot Hammond is a friend of mine but I haven't gone to shoot that match only because I'm not interested in shooting my rifles at pistol distance LOL. I don't have a shotgun or carbine so I don't do 3-gun but I'd like to some day. Right now I'm really focused on precision rifle shooting under field conditions and at long range. You guys should come check out our long range tactical match in Sacramento. Lots of fun shooting and you'll learn how to read the wind in a hurry.

Thanks,
Marc Soulie
Old 04-30-2007, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
Right now I'm really focused on precision rifle shooting under field conditions and at long range. You guys should come check out our long range tactical match in Sacramento. Lots of fun shooting and you'll learn how to read the wind in a hurry.
If precision shooting is your game, try the Precision 3-gun matches at Chabot. It goes out to 200 yards.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:32 AM

Thumbs up I had a lot of fun at the BARC!

It was great meeting all of you who shot the BARC match. I didn't do too hot, but that's what I get for just zeroing the rifle the day BEFORE the match and didn't bother putting some range bay time in! Oh well, lesson learned for the next 3-gun match! I was humbled and really enjoyed watching (and competing against) some of the top 3-gun shooters in the state.

It was awesome seeing all of those tricked out rifles (mostly from JP Enterprises). Also, I saw some rifles with Monsterman grips! Hey Monsterman, can we get a sponsorship? Or at least a cool shirt to wear at the next matches?
Old 05-01-2007, 8:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterx10 View Post
It was great meeting all of you who shot the BARC match. I didn't do too hot, but that's what I get for just zeroing the rifle the day BEFORE the match and didn't bother putting some range bay time in! Oh well, lesson learned for the next 3-gun match! I was humbled and really enjoyed watching (and competing against) some of the top 3-gun shooters in the state.

It was awesome seeing all of those tricked out rifles (mostly from JP Enterprises). Also, I saw some rifles with Monsterman grips! Hey Monsterman, can we get a sponsorship? Or at least a cool shirt to wear at the next matches?
Contact me and we can arrange something.