Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-12-2012, 7:19 PM

Default Holster for Sig 226 Tac-ops??

Recently I have been looking for a holster for my Sig 226 Tac-Ops. I ordered the 5-11 thumb drive holster for the 226 which came today but i have to return it, it fits the gun nicely but it just doesn't lock onto the trigger guard I guess because its squared instead of rounded. So i am going to return it. My next move was probably going to take my Sig to turners or something and try some out to see if any fit.

I am wondering if anyone else might have the tac ops model and might know of a holster that will fit it. I can easily get a universal leg holster or something like that, but im looking to take some classes and this is my only handgun atm. I dont know what kinda holsters i can bring to classes but im guessing serpa types are probably favored.

My search fu has not come up with anythign specific for the tac ops, ive tried searching here, you tube, google and ive havent seen anything. mayby someone here can help =) thx.
Old 01-13-2012, 7:44 AM

Blackhawk serpa holster works fine. I have the same gun. You can also use Blackhawk thigh holster if you want that setup. If you are planning to use a tac light, get a Safariland holster.
Old 01-13-2012, 9:04 AM
Veteran Member

Some schools don't allow Serpas for safety reasons.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:14 PM

cool thanks, ill check out blackhawk, and safariland. as far as the blackhawk leg holster it seems to ride pretty low, i would want one that rides higher like perhaps the spectre drop leg.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

I just ordered a ALS, been hearing only good things about them. Blackhawk Serpa's are great holsters for the money, I keep mine, I just prefer something different. No holster is perfect, and just be aware of your holster and trigger finger/firearm and you shouldn't have issues. Serpa's arent unsafe.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:43 PM

im actually not sure why the 5-11 one does not lock on, after reviewing the other 226 pictures they all seem to have the square trigger guard like mine, its also suppose to fit the sig 220 which also has the same trigger guard so not sure what that's about.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcasso View Post
im actually not sure why the 5-11 one does not lock on, after reviewing the other 226 pictures they all seem to have the square trigger guard like mine, its also suppose to fit the sig 220 which also has the same trigger guard so not sure what that's about.
yea finding a holster sometimes can be hell. I was going back and forth between ALS with light and without....took me forever and all the damn versions for certain lights etc....it can be annoying. In any case I recommend Safariland.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Check out the Bianchi 75 Venom Size 13A Holster for P226.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

Serpa's are fine if you have trigger finger discipline.

If you don't like the price of something I am selling please feel free to move along... The market, not you, will determine what it's worth. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2012, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcasso View Post
Recently I have been looking for a holster for my Sig 226 Tac-Ops. I ordered the 5-11 thumb drive holster for the 226 which came today but i have to return it, it fits the gun nicely but it just doesn't lock onto the trigger guard I guess because its squared instead of rounded. So i am going to return it. My next move was probably going to take my Sig to turners or something and try some out to see if any fit.

I am wondering if anyone else might have the tac ops model and might know of a holster that will fit it. I can easily get a universal leg holster or something like that, but im looking to take some classes and this is my only handgun atm. I dont know what kinda holsters i can bring to classes but im guessing serpa types are probably favored.

My search fu has not come up with anythign specific for the tac ops, ive tried searching here, you tube, google and ive havent seen anything. mayby someone here can help =) thx.

Give this guy a try he makes awesome holsters. www.phlster.com
$65 bucks for a custom holster and you can have it light bearing if you want for the same price. Just let him know your custom specs like belt loop size or IWB j-hooks. You can find him on youtube under "phillyedc"
Old 01-13-2012, 2:13 PM

just as an fyi, 5-11 just called me back and told me that sig has changed their design from when they originally made their holsters. they are also in the process of making a newer version for the current sig design. so i guess if you have an older sig model it would work.

im not gonna wait around for that heh so thanks for the other suggestions, its just a matter of choosing one =)
Old 01-13-2012, 2:42 PM

when it comes to the safari land im thinking the 6320 or maybe the 6365. what kind of safariland holsters do you guys like. not sure if i need/want the hood on the 6365 what do you guys prefer