Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 03-15-2007, 8:16 AM

Default Surefire ears...EP3 Sonic Defenders any good

I was on the surefire website sending an email for some warrenty work for my x200 when i noticed they have hearing protection. They may have had it for a while but this is the first time I have (no pun intended) heard of it. Apparently it blocks louder noise (gunfire, engines, babies) but allows normal speech and other sounds to be heard, a valve for your ear kind of. Anyone used these things? How well do they work?
Old 03-15-2007, 7:44 PM

I will only use them in addition to electronic hearing protection. They don't provide enough protection just by itself.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:15 PM

Same here, not enough by themselves...but work very well under electronic muffs.
- cush
Old 03-17-2007, 12:07 AM

I had a few of them. Different sizes. Like dwestfall, I thought I needed a different size. None of them really worked. I can't seem to find them now but I don't really care.
Old 03-19-2007, 4:40 PM

i cant get enough of them. i use them all the time for shooting. i havent had any problems using them. i use them on indoor and outdoor ranges with pistol, carbine, rifle, shotgun, and smg. i attended some courses with them and i use them while working on the range. when wearing the electronic radio muffs, i find that i can actually hear communications better than with foamies. try a set.