Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-03-2012, 6:34 PM

Default Everyone hitting mile target with 338 Savage BA 110 today

But I am most proud of my daughter's shot. It took me two shots to dial dope at the mile target. Once acquired everyone was hitting the 18x24" inch target, most on the first shot, a couple needed two rounds. Some were novice longrangers, being this was there first time shooting past 100 yards!! All I can say to the nay sayers is this rifle is FANTASTIC AT ANY PRICE, let alone the 2K I have into it. Here is a pic of my kidd banging steel at one mile!

Old 01-03-2012, 6:55 PM

Thats awesome, can we have some full pics of the rifle to drool over too?
Old 01-03-2012, 7:14 PM

Who's optics?
Bruce
Old 01-03-2012, 9:10 PM

So zero wind across 1760 yards? And holding half MOA? Must've been a beautiful day! Reloads or factory match ammo?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Where the heck did you find enough space to take a mile shot in San Diego County? Not that it matters, since 700 is my realistic limit. But still...
Old 01-03-2012, 11:03 PM

How did you figure that it was a mile?

http://www.socalprecision.com/

Didn't get your question answered here? Check out our forum to discuss your precision rifle... http://www.socalprecisionforum.com/
Old 01-04-2012, 12:01 AM

BS....
Old 01-04-2012, 4:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Very nice! But were did you shoot at if you don't mind telling? Longest shooting range I know is pala and that only about 875 yards give or take?
Old 01-04-2012, 5:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

first time long range shooter @ over 1700 yards on a portable table... so basically the gun is sitting on the table with the proper tilt and she just pulled the trigger. I do not believe a first time shooter can hit steel at 1 mile. Maybe I just can't allow myself to think that because I know I couldn't without weeks or months of practice.

Good for her if I am wrong.
Old 01-04-2012, 5:22 AM

We walked the target out and measured 1/2 way then out to a mile, did the reverse coming back. Believe what you want, there were half a dozen that did it back to back! I would tell you were it is, but then I would have to snuff you!! Really LOL

The shooting conditions were perfect. We were hitting 750 with the ARs.
the scope is an LRS 1, the ammo hand loads, what can I say we were there and they banged steel out to the mile marker, repeditly!! YOu gotta love it.

Here is the rig.
Old 01-04-2012, 6:29 AM

Good on you, buddy. Don't mind the haters. Just keep having fun.
Old 01-04-2012, 6:33 AM

That must've been fun. Though any hints on the general city of this location? It looks like chapparal vegetation land, so that means north county san diego.
Old 01-04-2012, 6:40 AM
Calguns Addict

There is a lot I have dove with a rifle that people don't believe but I know what takes to make a shot like that doing if on a portable table that shakes is a whole other story

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
Old 01-04-2012, 7:12 AM

believe it or not the table is damn stable and moves little. I had the rear set up on a bag, yes I acquired the target for them, but they still had to keep it between the crosshairs. I know I sound like an informertial for the BA but it is what it is and I love it. Kutos to the guys who carried that 60# piece of steel across the three canyons and up to the top of the mountain, no easy task, took three men 4 hours to accomplish. We have steel at 450, 650, 750, 850, 1139, and 1750 with wind flags set at every target. We are damn lucky, and want to keep the place clean and open, thus the reason I can not tell where it is located.

Diego

Last edited by diego-ted; 01-04-2012 at 7:36 AM..
Old 01-04-2012, 7:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Nice man! Congrats. I cant wait to get my .338 and shoot those long distances.
Old 01-04-2012, 7:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego-ted View Post
believe it or not the table is damn stable and moves little. I had the rear set up on a bag, yes I acquired the target for them, but they still had to keep it between the crosshairs. I know I sound like an informertial for the BA but it is what it is and I love it. Kutos to the guys who carried that 60# piece of steel across the three canyons and up to the top of the mountain, no easy task, took three men 4 hours to accomplish. We have steel at 450, 650, 750, 850, 1139, and 1750 with wind flags set at every target. We are damn lucky, and want to keep the place clean and open, thus the reason I can not tell where it is located.

Diego
Let me guess, you sell bridges too?
Old 01-04-2012, 8:18 AM

I just love the brotherhood here…I also love reading posts about people keep their locations secret; I mean are they/u paranoid or what…??? Would there really be an invasion of people trying to shoot on “your” secret land? Lol?

School me, please.

If anything, wouldn’t you create new acquaintances that you might enjoy the company of, who also happens to enjoy shooting…??? If not, its open land and NOT like you have to share a land next to them. I guess I just never understood that aspect of it.

Before mods, and other goodies...
Old 01-04-2012, 8:33 AM

All is cool, the thread is about the shooting, not the shooting location. That being said, Komifornia is what it is, and I think they want to limit our access to shooting? There are so many places that have been shut down because of people going ape and not being responsible. Before this place I was figuring I had to drive 3 or more hours out to Barstow to shoot these distances, so we are just trying to keep things cool. We have at least 6 or so Calgunners who come out and there will be more in the future, just have to make sure they are as concerned and serious as we are. We have invested a lot of time and some $$ placing targets out, we would hate to lose the ability to go out and shoot them because of irresponsible shooters. I wish it was not this way, but it is.

Diego
Old 01-04-2012, 8:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego-ted View Post
All is cool, the thread is about the shooting, not the shooting location. That being said, Komifornia is what it is, and I think they want to limit our access to shooting? There are so many places that have been shut down because of people going ape and not being responsible. Before this place I was figuring I had to drive 3 or more hours out to Barstow to shoot these distances, so we are just trying to keep things cool. We have at least 6 or so Calgunners who come out and there will be more in the future, just have to make sure they are as concerned and serious as we are. We have invested a lot of time and some $$ placing targets out, we would hate to lose the ability to go out and shoot them because of irresponsible shooters. I wish it was not this way, but it is.

Diego
True, apologies carry on.

Before mods, and other goodies...
Old 01-04-2012, 9:27 AM

The last few times I was at our only close place to shoot, I had to fill the back of my truck with shooters trash.
People are such dicks.
If I had a good spot like that I would not want anyone to know where it was either.
I had a great hunting spot, I never saw another person hunting there for 6 years, I made the mistake of telling a friend about it, I had 6 hunters in the same spot a year later, never again.
Old 01-04-2012, 9:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
The last few times I was at our only close place to shoot, I had to fill the back of my truck with shooters trash.
People are such dicks.
If I had a good spot like that I would not want anyone to know where it was either.
I had a great hunting spot, I never saw another person hunting there for 6 years, I made the mistake of telling a friend about it, I had 6 hunters in the same spot a year later, never again.

X1000
This is so true!! 3 people can keep a secret if 2 are dead. I have shot deer and turkey on public land here in SD Co. I never share my area's, I have put 100's of hr's in scouting and hiking.

OP great shooting I hope to get into 338 some day. What's the cost per round on the reload's.
Old 01-04-2012, 9:44 AM

wow..a guys post turns into "give me your spot" and "BS" calls!

OP...looks like you had a good time, with family and that's really all that matters.

My .02...posting shooting spots\directions on the web, is the kiss of death.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ive got the 110ba in 300 winmag and love that gun. Good for you!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Good job OP on getting those mile hits.

It amazes me, people on Calguns are always skeptics. Go onto Snipershide and the responses are totally different. Geez..
Old 01-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Poor Gun Trash
CGN Contributor

Default Shoot like a girl...

If you can!

I understand about not sharing your spot. However I would be interested in you sharing your load data.

And yes I will copy it for a try and you can't have it back. Just telling you upfront.
"...Cities may be rebuilt, and a People reduced to Poverty, may acquire fresh Property: But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. When the People once surrendered their share in the Legislature, and their Right of defending the Limitations upon the Government, and of resisting every Encroachment upon them, they can never regain it."
— John Adams
Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member

Some people in this thread need to chill.

Good job Ted!! keep it up.
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
"What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old 01-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Omg, they didn't have to make the adjustments themselves no proof it's really a mile the table might wobble no picture of the target the shooting spot doesn't exist unless you post the location your measurements aren't accurate enough.

Calguns internet sniper rage is funny sometimes.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majik View Post
Good job OP on getting those mile hits.

It amazes me, people on Calguns are always skeptics. Go onto Snipershide and the responses are totally different. Geez..
I'd love to see responses from that forum regarding new shooters hitting a 18x24" target at ~1700yds with a rifle resting on a card table.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin View Post
I'd love to see responses from that forum regarding new shooters hitting a 18x24" target at ~1700yds with a rifle resting on a card table.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...21#Post3013621
Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:

game, set, match.

nice.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
^LOL, I guess Black Majik was right about the more positive atmosphere on the Hide after all.

WTB: AMD 65 parts kit with original barrel

Interested in a Front Sight Diamond membership? PM me.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
People are such dicks.
Exactly. It'd be great to share location, but then you're basically ruining it for yourself as soon as you reveal it. As unfortunate as that is, that's the way it is. I've learnt not to ask, it puts a person in a conundrum or they might not have had that experience yet. It also all depends who it is though... on an open internet board, just not a good idea.

Would love to try a 338 Savage BA 110 one day, nice looking firearm!

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

"I am sullied - no more" Col. Ted Westhusing
Old 01-04-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Touche'
Old 01-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Well, it's a good thing you want to keep your spot secret, because I have a car and a refrigerator I've just been itching to get rid of
Old 01-04-2012, 11:55 AM

This is EDM's LR shooting trainer Stewart Wilson making 10 one mile shots at the Marine High Angle Range in Hawthorne.
The doping computer is on the ground to his right.
The target is 36" x 48"

An'' ole' Brer' Rabbit...... he set in de bushes..... he watch an' he wait... lay low an' he don' say nuffin'.

www.swissproductsllc.com
Old 01-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Good shooting, OP! Don't reveal the spot...
Old 01-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Calguns Addict

No, stop hiding. Tell us where it is so we can contaminate it with our beer cans and litter it with green and red shotgun shells!

Get over yourselves. Nobody asked for specifics.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
I just love the brotherhood here…I also love reading posts about people keep their locations secret; I mean are they/u paranoid or what…??? Would there really be an invasion of people trying to shoot on “your” secret land? Lol?

School me, please.
Wow, you really have no clue. There is a reason why there are no places to shoot in San Diego; fyi all of the info on calguns shows up on google, and you'd be kidding yourself to think no one is going to see it and go and ruin it for everyone else.

Solidworks drafting
Old 01-04-2012, 12:38 PM

It's funny how some people will rag on this guys post because he doesn't give specifics. Maybe if you rag on him hard enough he'll give in to give you driving directions there. To the OP I hope you guys had a great time and seeing how you've got your daughter out the doing what many men can't here that's even better for you.

have fun.