Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 01-03-2012, 8:02 AM

Default Phoenix Tactical Course Review - AMAZING!

The short of it:
These guys at Phoenix Tactical are amazing! I have never shot so accurately and fluidly. The instructors are fantastic they are detail oriented, professional and very friendly. Simply said they are really good at what they do! You will have hours of stories for your friends. Look now further, these are the guys to go with. We are already talking about the next time we are going to do this!

The long of it:
Well just this holiday my two buddies and I treated ourselves to a class with Phoenix Tactical. We arranged for an all day private lesson. We did Handgun in the morning and Carbine in the afternoon. (Let me say 8 hours of training and you’ll be in bed by 8:30pm and sore guaranteed.) We got to the range and there were 3 instructors for 3 trainees! Great first impression! Since we didn’t own handguns they set us up with some glocks. Now since we didn’t own any handguns you could ascertain that we weren’t the best shot. But from the first draw from the holster we were all on target. Now I said these guys are detail oriented and I didn’t lie. The torso on your target isn’t acceptable it’s got to be in the heart every time and that was the case no matter what the distance or the circumstance. We impressed ourselves that goes to show you the level at which they teach. When we moved over into the carbines the same was true for those. Fantastic! Something we had all never done but once again we were on target all day and it was tons of fun! We shot from 9am to 5:15pm (sunset) with a 20 min break for lunch. Talk about getting your money’s worth. Now Phoenix Tactical does do group lessons which are 5 hours or so and less expensive then the way we did it but that being said I wouldn’t hesitate for one second doing this again. Call it “Man Camp” and take your closest friends and go do it!

Summary:
Ok so you’re concerned I have now hyped this up so much that it’s gonna be a let down. You’re so wrong! I got home and it was all I could talk about. In fact it has been the point of conversations and questions from my friends for the last week. Well worth the money! A truly incredible experience!
Old 01-09-2012, 7:18 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you.