Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-08-2011, 8:47 AM
bombadillo's Avatar
bombadillo bombadillo is online now
Former Humboldtian
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: IDAHO and another proud member of the quitters club!
Posts: 13,989
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default Midway Competition range bag. A++++++++++++

Well, I just got the Midwayusa.com "Competition Range Bag" the other day. They did a black friday sale of $29.99 so I couldn't resist. All I can say is that I'm SOOOO happy with that bag. Very robust, they've got pockets everywhere in all kinds of depths and sizes to fit all your needs. First off it has a bag in a bag. There is a secondary bag you can carry other things in but honestly I just took it out for room in the main compartment. I love the mag holster compartment, it makes finding my mags much easier, a brass bag with mesh on the bottom to get rid of dirt and rocks, a water bottle holder, an offset shoulder strap that really works. I loaded that thing with pistol ammo, rifle ammo, a Redfield Spotting scope, tripod, shooting muffs, 2 rags, oil, tools, mags, 2 pistols (which sat inside the zipped shooting rug!) front and rear sand bags, shoot-n-see targets, competition targets, and there was still a LOT of room inside for plenty more if I needed it. The only way I could see it being any better is making it a backpack style strap for both shoulders. I got the OD green bag and its fantastic. Even at full price, its the best shooting bag I've ever owned and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939...39BrandPopProd

Here's a link for everyone to buy one! I should work for midway or something.
__________________
http://mossbergmvp.com/index.php?forum/
If you have any questions on the MVP platform, ask me here or on the "other" site. Same handle there.

Last edited by bombadillo; 12-08-2011 at 9:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2011, 8:48 AM
bombadillo's Avatar
bombadillo bombadillo is online now
Former Humboldtian
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: IDAHO and another proud member of the quitters club!
Posts: 13,989
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default



__________________
http://mossbergmvp.com/index.php?forum/
If you have any questions on the MVP platform, ask me here or on the "other" site. Same handle there.

Last edited by bombadillo; 12-08-2011 at 9:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-08-2011, 8:53 AM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,354
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

It's a good bag, but it's missing the ability to easily lock the main compartment(could be done with a pair of locks, locking the zippers to the d-ring I guess, but I don't like that the velcro can still be easily opened).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-08-2011, 9:05 AM
bombadillo's Avatar
bombadillo bombadillo is online now
Former Humboldtian
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: IDAHO and another proud member of the quitters club!
Posts: 13,989
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default

Yeah, It could use a lock, but typically I would lock up my guns in a lock box so as to stay out of trouble if the law came snooping. The pics on the Midway site just don't do it justice. The pouches on the ends are large enough for a pair of muffs and a bunch of plugs for friends, the gusseting on the straps are great, and its just well built for $40 bucks at the moment. I'm loving it more and more when I get to use it.
__________________
http://mossbergmvp.com/index.php?forum/
If you have any questions on the MVP platform, ask me here or on the "other" site. Same handle there.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-08-2011, 9:08 AM
CriticallyStressed's Avatar
CriticallyStressed CriticallyStressed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 315
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I have had the exact same bag for about two years. Unfortunately the stitching isn't very high quality on the velcro and it's starting to tear off. My wife has the smaller Midway bag and on both of the bags the zipper pulls have come off on most of the compartments. Easy to fix by replacing them with paracord but a bit annoying when it happens to you at the range.

In summary, it's a great bag for the price but it's not going to last you forever without some issues. In my case I'd rate it as B or B+.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-08-2011, 10:38 AM
e-zee e-zee is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80
iTrader: 2 / 75%
Default

Yeah I have this bag and I love it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-08-2011, 10:42 AM
medicdude's Avatar
medicdude medicdude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,045
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

i love mine too. however, i also wish you could lock the main compartment.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,354
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Yeah, It could use a lock, but typically I would lock up my guns in a lock box so as to stay out of trouble if the law came snooping. The pics on the Midway site just don't do it justice. The pouches on the ends are large enough for a pair of muffs and a bunch of plugs for friends, the gusseting on the straps are great, and its just well built for $40 bucks at the moment. I'm loving it more and more when I get to use it.
I also have a locking pelican case, however it would have simply been nice for a bag this big to be easily secured so I didn't have to drag the pelican case along if I didn't want to. You can't lock up the zippered pouches it comes with either. A couple of tabs to run a lock though shouldn't have been that difficult of an idea during the design process.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
scottunit1's Avatar
scottunit1 scottunit1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Contra Costa
Posts: 141
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

i have one of them on the way!!!
that price was just to good!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Ksmash01 Ksmash01 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oaklandish
Posts: 1,211
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I have the "compact" version. I only use it for carrying 4-6 pistols with mags/speed loaders, ammo, hearing/eye protection, holsters, targets, tools, cleaning kit/supplies, and even a tablet.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939...014ID939160870

I also have two of the soft cases that they had on sale for $9.99. That's how I can hold so many pistols/mags. The soft case's main compartment can hold two full size pistols contained within gun rugs(so they don't bang together), and the other two front pockets can hold most anything you want(capable of holding a M&P9c/G26/ etc. if you like). They also each have 7 magazine compartments with velcro closure.

A must have along with the range bags : http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939...014ID939259680

The only reason I have to get the larger bag is wanting it...
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Huey Freeman

Jesus was Black, Ronald Reagan was the devil, and the Government lied about 9/11.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:38 AM
XYZ's Avatar
XYZ XYZ is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area - South Bay
Posts: 5,484
iTrader: 39 / 100%
Default

Great bag. I have one myself. May order another one if it's still $29.99. My other bag took awhile to arrive.
__________________

NRA Life Member
SAF Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Japsican's Avatar
Japsican Japsican is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 761
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

I bought the same bag a few years ago and love it! It's a great value. I actually use a cable lock to lock it up. I close both zippers then run the cable lock through the zippers and the D-ring/D-ring sleeve. It seems to be pretty secure. I'll try to get a picture of it later when I get home.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Briancnelson's Avatar
Briancnelson Briancnelson is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 698
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

I punched two holes through the middle of the velcro part, secured them with metal eyes, and I run a cable lock through them and the zippers and secure it to a D-Ring. Pretty secure that way.

It's a great bag, but it would be nice if they'd thought on that one issue. On the other hand, the number of times the bag is out of my sight and not in a locked trunk while it has a gun in it is negligible.

Since it's just as easy to lift the bag entirely in most cases as it is to fish around for a gun inside, I guess I don't care much, and for the price it's an awesome bag.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-08-2011, 1:41 PM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 4,009
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

I keep putting off buying this bag, even when it's on sale because shipping for this item alone is $20... Paying $20 to ship a $30 item is just... silly...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-08-2011, 1:51 PM
smt77 smt77 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Joaquin County
Posts: 95
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I received the same bag for Christmas last year and absolutely love it. Ito lock it, I just run a cable lock through the two zippers and the shoulder strap d-rings and that secures it nicely.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-08-2011, 1:54 PM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,354
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
I keep putting off buying this bag, even when it's on sale because shipping for this item alone is $20... Paying $20 to ship a $30 item is just... silly...
So buy a $30 bag, some glasses, earplugs, ammo, etc. at the same time. That's what I did.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-08-2011, 2:57 PM
hcbr's Avatar
hcbr hcbr is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,555
iTrader: 65 / 100%
Default

definitely have to check this out!
__________________
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

"A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-08-2011, 3:08 PM
bombadillo's Avatar
bombadillo bombadillo is online now
Former Humboldtian
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: IDAHO and another proud member of the quitters club!
Posts: 13,989
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
So buy a $30 bag, some glasses, earplugs, ammo, etc. at the same time. That's what I did.
Shipping for me was like $6.00 with a set if electronic muffs too.
__________________
http://mossbergmvp.com/index.php?forum/
If you have any questions on the MVP platform, ask me here or on the "other" site. Same handle there.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-08-2011, 3:49 PM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 4,009
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Shipping for me was like $6.00 with a set if electronic muffs too.
Weird, everytime I do their shipping estimate using standard ground shipping, it always costs me around $20.

Edit: Just checked right now, shipping is $15 via UPS ground to San Ramon.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-08-2011, 4:11 PM
shy 7th shy 7th is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 529
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

This bag = Awesome.

And it looks like they redesigned it a bit since I bought mine because I don't think my side pouch unzips all the way like that and I don't think I have those dividers in the center pouch. My only (minor) complaints:

1. It tends to get really heavy

2. The velcro they use is too sharp. It scratches my arm when I try to reach in and it will destroy any cloth it comes in contact with causing a fuzzy/frayed mess. You know how the handles can be velcro'd together? Well, my handles are starting to fray because the velcro handle is tearing up the non-velcro handle. Maybe they fixed this in newer models?

Still, best bag ever.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-08-2011, 4:19 PM
RUSSIAN's Avatar
RUSSIAN RUSSIAN is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Livermore
Posts: 488
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
Weird, everytime I do their shipping estimate using standard ground shipping, it always costs me around $20.

Edit: Just checked right now, shipping is $15 via UPS ground to San Ramon.

I have the same problem(livermore) I actually purchased my rifle bag locally because of their highway robbery on shipping. I'm considering this bag now, but cant get past the shipping. I shouldn't have to buy 5 items to make up for shipping. Price gouging on shipping pisses me off and makes me buy elsewhere
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-08-2011, 4:25 PM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,354
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSIAN View Post
I have the same problem(livermore) I actually purchased my rifle bag locally because of their highway robbery on shipping. I'm considering this bag now, but cant get past the shipping. I shouldn't have to buy 5 items to make up for shipping. Price gouging on shipping pisses me off and makes me buy elsewhere
You guys realize they ship it in a box that's the size of the bag, right? It's not folded up or anything.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-08-2011, 5:15 PM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 4,009
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
You guys realize they ship it in a box that's the size of the bag, right? It's not folded up or anything.
Why would I pay $9 more than another Calgunner above has to for shipping to my particular location? You'd think that all around CA the shipping prices would be the same, but apparently someone only had to pay $6 shipping for the bag plus earmuffs. Doesn't seem to make sense...

And yeah I know the box they ship it in is the same size as the bag. MidwayUSA isn't particularly good at compacting products down or using the right sized box even. They once shipped me two small Volquartsen 10/22 parts in a box the size of a standard shoebox, when a tiny envelope for $.50 would have sufficed.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-2011, 5:26 PM
bsg bsg is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: san gabriel valley
Posts: 24,881
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

i'd say that's a deal at the price you paid.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-08-2011, 5:34 PM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,354
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
Why would I pay $9 more than another Calgunner above has to for shipping to my particular location? You'd think that all around CA the shipping prices would be the same, but apparently someone only had to pay $6 shipping for the bag plus earmuffs. Doesn't seem to make sense...

And yeah I know the box they ship it in is the same size as the bag. MidwayUSA isn't particularly good at compacting products down or using the right sized box even. They once shipped me two small Volquartsen 10/22 parts in a box the size of a standard shoebox, when a tiny envelope for $.50 would have sufficed.
So go to UPS.com and set your origin as midway usa, and check the destination difference between your location and others.

Yeah, it can be different. It's not USPS flat rate parcel service.

Either include it in a larger order to make up for the cost of shipping, or shop elsewhere. It's not like you're forced to overnight the thing by itself, or even buy it for that matter.

Last edited by Merc1138; 12-08-2011 at 5:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-08-2011, 7:46 PM
NSR500 NSR500 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Houston & SF Bay Area
Posts: 19,544
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Great bag, but it gets heavy pretty damn fast.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-09-2011, 7:39 AM
Army's Avatar
Army Army is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trailer Trash For Life!
Posts: 3,881
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I ordered the small range bag, and Midway sent a large one. I called, and they said "Our error. Keep it, no extra charge"!

I use it as my .22 bag, as it holds way more rimfire ammo than I can carry, spotting scope, tools, glasses, ear-pro, small carpet bit, lube, magazines, couple of rags, small bino's, and a couple water bottles......which is why I wanted the small bag, so I wouldn't haul around so much stuff
__________________
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-09-2011, 7:46 AM
SDM44's Avatar
SDM44 SDM44 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,423
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

I have this same bag. When I load up for a normal range trip, it's anywhere from 40-50 lbs in weight (when I threw it onto the scale). That's usually with 3-4 pistols, and lots of 9mm, .45 ACP, and .22LR boxes of ammo.

So far the straps seem to be holding up when I carry close to 50 lbs on my shoulder every few weeks, but we'll see how long that lasts for.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-09-2011, 8:31 AM
bombadillo's Avatar
bombadillo bombadillo is online now
Former Humboldtian
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: IDAHO and another proud member of the quitters club!
Posts: 13,989
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
Why would I pay $9 more than another Calgunner above has to for shipping to my particular location? You'd think that all around CA the shipping prices would be the same, but apparently someone only had to pay $6 shipping for the bag plus earmuffs. Doesn't seem to make sense...

And yeah I know the box they ship it in is the same size as the bag. MidwayUSA isn't particularly good at compacting products down or using the right sized box even. They once shipped me two small Volquartsen 10/22 parts in a box the size of a standard shoebox, when a tiny envelope for $.50 would have sufficed.

Kind of wondering that myself. I only paid a few bucks and you guys are paying way more for me. I'm in a "rural" area at that so you'd think it was more expensive to go here.
__________________
http://mossbergmvp.com/index.php?forum/
If you have any questions on the MVP platform, ask me here or on the "other" site. Same handle there.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-09-2011, 8:33 AM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,354
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Kind of wondering that myself. I only paid a few bucks and you guys are paying way more for me. I'm in a "rural" area at that so you'd think it was more expensive to go here.
Probably depends on how UPS distribution is setup, you might be in a rural area but they could have a sorting facility on the side of the urban area that's closer to you. Could also be that the pre-determined chain of stops through sorting facilities to get a package to you is somehow shorter. I don't know how they make the determination, but it does indeed vary.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-09-2011, 1:00 PM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 4,009
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Kind of wondering that myself. I only paid a few bucks and you guys are paying way more for me. I'm in a "rural" area at that so you'd think it was more expensive to go here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
Probably depends on how UPS distribution is setup, you might be in a rural area but they could have a sorting facility on the side of the urban area that's closer to you. Could also be that the pre-determined chain of stops through sorting facilities to get a package to you is somehow shorter. I don't know how they make the determination, but it does indeed vary.
I get packages from other companies like Graf's and Brownells that also use UPS/Fed-Ex and I pay less for even larger items, so yeah I don't really know, lol. I just chalk it up to random quotes, and sometimes if I place an order large enough to justify the shipping charge I'll go through with it.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-09-2011, 1:14 PM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,354
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
I get packages from other companies like Graf's and Brownells that also use UPS/Fed-Ex and I pay less for even larger items, so yeah I don't really know, lol. I just chalk it up to random quotes, and sometimes if I place an order large enough to justify the shipping charge I'll go through with it.
It would also depend on what kind of rates(and handling charges the reseller tacks on) that they get from UPS. You walking into a UPS store to ship a box isn't quite the same as a company shipping products by the truckload with a contract(that may vary depending on what sort of deal they were able to get with UPS).
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-09-2011, 1:53 PM
the_t0ny the_t0ny is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So*Cal 626
Posts: 954
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Good to hear, I've been wanting one for a while and finally ordered one yesterday for $39.99 along with a few other items. Shipping for the bag, McFadden clip loader, hks pistol loader and hiviz sights for my gp100 came out to $17. I just wish that I had seen it on sale for $29.99, all those things I ordered I've been wanting for a while and the bag for $29 would've sweetened the deal.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-09-2011, 3:00 PM
Javi's Avatar
Javi Javi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,549
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticallyStressed View Post
My wife has the smaller Midway bag and on both of the bags the zipper pulls have come off on most of the compartments. Easy to fix by replacing them with paracord but a bit annoying when it happens to you at the range.
Ahh, yeah my zipper pull came off on one of the side pouches all of a sudden at the range. I was disappointed in that, It has two zippers on it luckily but the convenience of two is lost. I'll have to try to replace that somehow. I ordered this mag some months ago when it went on sale for a great price and I'm happy with it. Honestly, I was looking for a smaller bag haha I didn't pay attention to the dimensions so I was surprised at it's size. I always offer to carry handguns, targets, etc. when I go with someone to the range cause this bag can fit a good amount of stuff! I feel kind of silly brining the whole thing with me to the indoor range by myself, I'll usually just take the ammo bag thing that comes inside of the main bag.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v0s View Post
My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-09-2011, 3:29 PM
dirtykoala dirtykoala is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,486
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

nice. i went with the uncle mikes when it was on sale from LAPG, now i wish i had went with the midway, i couldnt make up my mind at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-09-2011, 4:11 PM
Ding126's Avatar
Ding126 Ding126 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Solano County / Nor Cal
Posts: 4,464
iTrader: 141 / 100%
Default

looks like my 511 lrg range bag...but mine was 99.00...made very well I may add
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-10-2011, 7:38 AM
bombadillo's Avatar
bombadillo bombadillo is online now
Former Humboldtian
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: IDAHO and another proud member of the quitters club!
Posts: 13,989
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_t0ny View Post
Good to hear, I've been wanting one for a while and finally ordered one yesterday for $39.99 along with a few other items. Shipping for the bag, McFadden clip loader, hks pistol loader and hiviz sights for my gp100 came out to $17. I just wish that I had seen it on sale for $29.99, all those things I ordered I've been wanting for a while and the bag for $29 would've sweetened the deal.
I think even at $40 you got a great deal on it. Black friday is always good @ midway so I check there first. They had an upper for $299 last year that was pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Ahh, yeah my zipper pull came off on one of the side pouches all of a sudden at the range. I was disappointed in that, It has two zippers on it luckily but the convenience of two is lost. I'll have to try to replace that somehow. I ordered this mag some months ago when it went on sale for a great price and I'm happy with it. Honestly, I was looking for a smaller bag haha I didn't pay attention to the dimensions so I was surprised at it's size. I always offer to carry handguns, targets, etc. when I go with someone to the range cause this bag can fit a good amount of stuff! I feel kind of silly brining the whole thing with me to the indoor range by myself, I'll usually just take the ammo bag thing that comes inside of the main bag.

I would call Midway because they back their products pretty well. Let them know what happened and they'll likely let you just swap for a new bag (With the new features at that)
__________________
http://mossbergmvp.com/index.php?forum/
If you have any questions on the MVP platform, ask me here or on the "other" site. Same handle there.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-10-2011, 11:46 AM
One78Shovel's Avatar
One78Shovel One78Shovel is offline
NRA Life Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Under A Rock
Posts: 2,984
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
I keep putting off buying this bag, even when it's on sale because shipping for this item alone is $20... Paying $20 to ship a $30 item is just... silly...
I almost jumped on this but went with their smaller pistol bags. $7.99 Black Friday with a limit of (3) so I bought 3.

Midway shipping is a show stopper for me usualy as they are over price and gauging us for sure. Natchez is just as bad....

-178S
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-10-2011, 5:30 PM
sanjosebmx's Avatar
sanjosebmx sanjosebmx is offline
Senior Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ripon, CA...NorCAL
Posts: 1,066
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

__________________


S&W M&P .40 Shield / Ruger SR9 / Win Defender 1300
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-10-2011, 7:25 PM
Javi's Avatar
Javi Javi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,549
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
I would call Midway because they back their products pretty well. Let them know what happened and they'll likely let you just swap for a new bag (With the new features at that)
Hahah, ahh I couldn't swap it for a brand new one just because of the loop thing After watching that review vid ^ I'm kind of thinking of trading it or selling it for that smaller one, possibly. Again, really like the Midway bag but it's bigger than I really need.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v0s View Post
My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:17 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.