Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 12-20-2011, 4:51 PM

I am confused. Which variation is the one for the group buy?
Old 12-20-2011, 4:57 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoulant View Post
I'm interested, not exactly thrilled with the execution however.
Pray tell sir, what's the issue ?
Old 12-20-2011, 4:58 PM
CGN Contributor

It is the nonconverted model with no side mount rail taps

I can't post an actual link because one doesn't exist yet as the guns aren't in stock
Old 12-20-2011, 4:59 PM
CGN Contributor

Also guys, thanks for everyone being so patient. I'm waiting like all of you are. I'm sure Atlantic will get the guns in soon. I'm going to put a call into Blane and check on em tomorrow
Old 12-20-2011, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoolsnerd View Post
Also guys, thanks for everyone being so patient. I'm waiting like all of you are. I'm sure Atlantic will get the guns in soon. I'm going to put a call into Blane and check on em tomorrow
Hopefully we can order this week, and hopefully there will be enough so I can get one
Old 12-20-2011, 6:56 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmmatt23 View Post
Hopefully we can order this week, and hopefully there will be enough so I can get one
I second that sir
Old 12-21-2011, 12:14 AM

That would be awesome if all of the buyers met up at the range with their new sagas and simultaneously shot one of those zombie bleeding targets...on video.

Would be super epic!

(i dont even like saying epic)
Old 12-21-2011, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan in SD View Post
That would be awesome if all of the buyers met up at the range with their new sagas and simultaneously shot one of those zombie bleeding targets...on video.

Would be super epic!

(i dont even like saying epic)
This is your one usage of...that word...for the year. It's been noted, so don't let me hear it again. Oh, wait, are you calendar year? Because if so you can use it again in a few days.
Old 12-21-2011, 4:04 PM

dumb question but do these come shipped in a wooden crate ?
Old 12-21-2011, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1 View Post
dumb question but do these come shipped in a wooden crate ?
I believe it's a cardboard box that looks like its wooden
Old 12-21-2011, 8:56 PM

Too bad they don't have lay away.. By the time this goes down (if it does) I could pay off at least two of em..

Might just wait seems like there are a few others waiting on this "new model" as well..

Wanted one for a while but paying $800-900 for something that was $400 a year ago requires the responsibility of buyers to NOT pay those prices based on the "scare tactics" which have now resulted in higher production and a lower price..

its about time..

BUT... the more we DROOOLE over these.. the fewer Atlantic is going to offer us at said "discounted" price..

Again, I am interested in one too.. But there are others selling them now at a similar price (which i am also considering) so this might not be the time to demonstrate such an openly desperate demand..

Just my 2 pennies..

Last edited by shooter5; 12-21-2011 at 9:13 PM..
Old 12-22-2011, 2:50 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We got word that the shotguns have cleared customs so hopefully we should see these next week if the freight companys are moving on time . Keep in mind we will not have a unlimited supply of shotguns to offer and agreed to set aside approx 25 units for the group buy when Aaron first contacted our office .

Last edited by Atlantic Firearms; 12-22-2011 at 7:23 PM..
Old 12-22-2011, 11:25 AM

Well ive seen way more than 25 show their interest, protoolsnerd are you going to pm is that told you early on or are we going to have to race to get one when they post their available on here? I know a few of us have been waiting since the previous thread
Old 12-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Hold my beer & watch this
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmmatt23 View Post
Well ive seen way more than 25 show their interest, protoolsnerd are you going to pm is that told you early on or are we going to have to race to get one when they post their available on here? I know a few of us have been waiting since the previous thread
He has already said he isn't making a list. You have to keep checking to see when they are in and then call to place your order. With that being said I am too broke to buy one so one less buyer for you to worry about lol.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:16 PM

If there was only 25 available that means the first 20-25 people that messaged protools should get 1st dibs..only way to keep it fair.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of excercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate excercise to the body, it gives independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are to violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1785.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:18 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Kr3w View Post
If there was only 25 available that means the first 20-25 people that messaged protools should get 1st dibs..only way to keep it fair.
You should read post #1 in its entirety to see thre is no list. First come first serve it what it sounds like to me.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:30 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

If you review the first posts you'll see that Protools clearly states he is not able to or willing to run a formal group buy with an ordered list. All interaction and orders will be directly with Atlantic Firearms. Atlantic Firearms will accept orders with discounted price until they have sold the quota they have set.

Fairness will not be enforced.

Sounds like first come, first served and you better keep an eye on the first post for word when the discounted shotguns are up for sale.
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
CalGuns Foundation https://www.calgunsfoundation.org
Old 12-22-2011, 2:14 PM

Ive been in on this since day one,I have also been in contact with protools since day one, not to concerned, kinda just worried for the rest of you guys!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of excercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate excercise to the body, it gives independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are to violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1785.
Old 12-22-2011, 4:29 PM
CGN Contributor

Hi guys ,
Just to make it clear

THERE IS NO LIST , NEVER WAS

Atlantic had told me around 20 when we talked , and now we are confirmed at 25.

There are a few guys who were the reason this was started that will a 1 hour head start on ordering. They are not by any means guaranteed , but , this wouldn't have even happened if me and a couple others hadn't gotten together about this

I'm going to be a little blunt here. If anyone here doesn't like this thread, doesn't agree, is butt hurt about the no list thing, really any problem with this at all.

Feel free to start your own group buy, do all the leg work, be accountable , do it the way you want. Please see yourself OUT OF THIS GROUP BUY. Reasonable , patient people .....you're more then welcome to stay
Old 12-22-2011, 6:50 PM

Sorry for stirring the pot..
Old 12-22-2011, 7:18 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Quote:
Sorry for stirring the pot..

Stirring the pot is what we do best here at CalGuns.

Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
CalGuns Foundation https://www.calgunsfoundation.org
Old 12-22-2011, 7:22 PM
Vendor/Retailer

We will do our best to see if we can obtain more but is is doubtfull , we should see more of the regular Saiga 12 with side scope rails in Jan but they will be at the higher price. The importer indicated they did not get in all of the shotguns they had on order so all distributors will get less than what the originally ordered & that is why we did not start a pre sale on a item that was not in stock. The firearms business is fairly funky especailly with imported product you can be promised 800 units and 550 will show up. You just do not know until the Fat Lady Sings .
Old 12-22-2011, 7:24 PM
Calguns Addict

I'd be willing to bet a lot of people who confirmed in the thread will back out. I dont think those that really have the money will have a problem getting one
Old 12-22-2011, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
I'd be willing to bet a lot of people who confirmed in the thread will back out. I dont think those that really have the money will have a problem getting one
I'm hoping that'll be the case. Time will tell.
Old 12-23-2011, 4:04 AM

I was going for two but i won't be greedy if only 25 available i'll just get one ; )
Old 12-23-2011, 7:14 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Exactly why there is no " list " . I've been a part of a few group buys, some good , some bad. A lot of people who flake out. Especially during this time of year when people realize how much money they've already spent on christmas and whatnot
Old 12-23-2011, 7:30 AM
@ the Dark End of the Bar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by protoolsnerd View Post
Exactly why there is no " list " . I've been a part of a few group buys, some good , some bad. A lot of people who flake out. Especially during this time of year when people realize how much money they've already spent on christmas and whatnot
Exactly!!! ^^ Anyone who's sold anything in the marketplace here knows how flaky people can be with relatively inexpensive items, much less a firearm that costs $529 + transfer fees + tax...

This is the "fair" way IMHO...first people with the $$$ get the gats!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 7:31 AM

You guys do know that Legion USA is releasing new Saiga 12 Variants which include rails on top, AK style front end, and a magwell, right????...release is published as 1st of the year. Pictures are already online.

I have a S12, and will be adding another one of these to my collection. Price will be more $$, but quality is said to be much better. I would hold off until i get more details on these.
Old 12-23-2011, 7:44 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefrank64k View Post
Exactly!!! ^^ Anyone who's sold anything in the marketplace here knows how flaky people can be with relatively inexpensive items, much less a firearm that costs $529 + transfer fees + tax...

This is the "fair" way IMHO...first people with the $$$ get the gats!!!
I had some guy look at a completed lower and he said well let me test it first so I said fine. He said he would call me the next day and I never heard from him. If you don;t want something, have the cajones to say nah I'll pass.
Old 12-23-2011, 8:19 AM
CGN Contributor

Bingo......Seriously people ..... I don't understand . This isn't a , hey can we get another model buy or i don't like saigas comment board or hey there's this other gun for more money that's better thread.

This is a group buy for a Saiga 12 in it's original configuration for a killer price and FROM a killer company.

That's like calling up turners and saying

"hey guys why do you have that model for sale in your weekly flyer ? This one is way better and more expensive .....you should have that for sale . "

and their response would likely be .....because people wanted that one and we got a great deal on them.......

done
Old 12-23-2011, 2:25 PM
@ the Dark End of the Bar

And just like that, I'm out!

Just DROS'd a Saiga today that I picked-up from another CG'r, so that's one more Group Buy Saiga for someone else!
Old 12-24-2011, 4:51 AM
Vendor/Retailer

SDRider , we have a few of the New LEGION Saiga 12 coming in keep in mind these will be around $1200 bucks so they are not cheap . They also take special Saiga 12 mags and will not work with the current mags & drums on the market .
Old 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM

Anyone know a FFL in the San Fernando Valley/ LA that will accept these for a great price?
Old 12-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiver77 View Post
Anyone know a FFL in the San Fernando Valley/ LA that will accept these for a great price?
$45 for inbound transfers + tax/DROS. Freeway close in Thousand Oaks.

Check out our e-commerce site here:

www.ebrworks.com

Now serving you from Prescott, AZ
Old 12-28-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
SDRider , we have a few of the New LEGION Saiga 12 coming in keep in mind these will be around $1200 bucks so they are not cheap . They also take special Saiga 12 mags and will not work with the current mags & drums on the market .
Sweet, nothing good in life is ever cheap especially in this hobby!!! I am familiar with the magwell versions and how they will not accept standard mags or drums. Are you guys taking orders now???? Will you be shipping these to CA?

I would love to place a deposit, and if possible get some additional info. Please let me know!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:25 PM

man what an awesome price... i wasn't looking to get a saiga 12, but if somehow 1 of the 25 is still available, i feel stupid for passing it up... sigh.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Any new word? I saw that some of the other online dealers had received their shipments of saigas
Old 12-28-2011, 1:42 PM
CGN Contributor

Haven't received word yet , sorry guys
Old 12-28-2011, 2:01 PM
Vendor/Retailer

We did get the shipping notice from the freight company today so we will probably get them mid next week and they shorted us on the total order .
Old 12-28-2011, 2:17 PM
CGN Contributor

There you have it ....wait until mid next week .