Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-28-2016, 8:49 AM

Default "Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris overwhelmingly wins state Democratic Party endorsement"

As if there was any doubt...

http://www.latimes.com/local/politic...227-story.html

"Rep. Janice Hahn, a candidate for Los Angeles County supervisor, admitted that having the Democratic convention in Northern California — Harris’ strongest base of political support — didn’t help Sanchez."

Translation - the 'fix' is in.
Old 02-28-2016, 9:39 AM
Calguns Addict

I'd rather have kamala-toe Harris in the Senate than in any CA office. That is the best way for California to get rid of her.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:44 AM

One POS to replace the other. Ca. is forever a lost cause.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxnard_Montalvo View Post
As if there was any doubt...

http://www.latimes.com/local/politic...227-story.html

"Rep. Janice Hahn, a candidate for Los Angeles County supervisor, admitted that having the Democratic convention in Northern California — Harris’ strongest base of political support — didn’t help Sanchez."

Translation - the 'fix' is in.
"She vowed to protect and restore the fundamental rights of all Americans." Except, for you know, that one clearly stated in the Bill of Rights.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
I'd rather have kamala-toe Harris in the Senate than in any CA office. That is the best way for California to get rid of her.
Did they ever get rid of Boxer? Or how about Feinstein? You're dreaming man, wake up. She'll be in for life. Just like the other two POS.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 Junkie View Post
Did they ever get rid of Boxer? Or how about Feinstein? You're dreaming man, wake up. She'll be in for life. Just like the other two POS.
I agree with Jim Jah. She will not be able to do as much damage to 2nd Amendment Rights as a US Congressional senator, as she can right now as head of CA DOJ. As it is now, she has an unmitigated control and has applied enforcement beyond logic and maybe even what is illegal but goes unchecked because she's head-honcho. I additionally suspect that much of the Anti-2nd Amendment bills we are seeing this legislative session have her egging them on behind closed doors to issue the same, that she will support them on a legal-opinion level.

Frankly, if it pushes her out of our state politics fine; this state will ALWAYS have a Feinstein/Boxer/Pelosi/Harris type in DC out of Northern CA. Better there than here; just look at the damages a Feuer and/or Koretz type have caused on local and state levels.

Good riddance.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 02-28-2016, 12:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Exactly right. Let's hope her replacement won't be just as bad.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 Junkie View Post
She might be in for life, but not as attorney general, enforcing or not enforcing whatever she likes.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Let's not forget that the previous attorney general was Jerry Brown and he went on to an office where he could do FAR more damage.

But Ox, but Ox, he vetoed the 'assault weapon' bill. Let's remember the ones he DIDN'T veto:

"Among the gun-related bills signed by the governor:

-- AB48 makes it illegal to purchase the parts necessary to convert guns into assault-style weapons and requires people selling or transferring ammunition to record the identification of the buyer and report the sale to the state Department of Justice.

-- SB683 will require people who buy rifles and shotguns to first pass a written firearm safety test and obtain a certificate, just like the buyers of handguns must.

-- AB500 allows the Department of Justice to extend the waiting time to purchase a firearm if a background check can't be completed within 10 days.

-- AB170 requires assault weapon permits to be issued to individuals, rather than to partnerships, corporations or other groups.

-- AB1131 extends from six months to five years the period during which a person who threatens violence is prohibited from purchasing a firearm.

-- SB127 requires licensed psychotherapists to disclose to local law enforcement within 24 hours the identity of a person who threatens violence against a reasonably identifiable person."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/J...es-4889448.php

So this 'at least she's out of OUR hair' thinking is incredibly short sighted since she's likely going to be somewhere where she can cause GREATER damage to the law abiding firearm owner on a national instead of a state scale.

Last edited by Oxnard_Montalvo; 02-28-2016 at 12:43 PM..
Old 02-28-2016, 1:12 PM
Calguns Addict

There is no good scenario for our 2nd amendment rights regardless of Harris holding office at the State or Federal level. She's a liberal zealot driven by power.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 02-28-2016, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxnard_Montalvo View Post
Let's not forget that the previous attorney general was Jerry Brown and he went on to an office where he could do FAR more damage.

But Ox, but Ox, he vetoed the 'assault weapon' bill. Let's remember the ones he DIDN'T veto:

"Among the gun-related bills signed by the governor:

-- AB48 makes it illegal to purchase the parts necessary to convert guns into assault-style weapons and requires people selling or transferring ammunition to record the identification of the buyer and report the sale to the state Department of Justice.

-- SB683 will require people who buy rifles and shotguns to first pass a written firearm safety test and obtain a certificate, just like the buyers of handguns must.

-- AB500 allows the Department of Justice to extend the waiting time to purchase a firearm if a background check can't be completed within 10 days.

-- AB170 requires assault weapon permits to be issued to individuals, rather than to partnerships, corporations or other groups.

-- AB1131 extends from six months to five years the period during which a person who threatens violence is prohibited from purchasing a firearm.

-- SB127 requires licensed psychotherapists to disclose to local law enforcement within 24 hours the identity of a person who threatens violence against a reasonably identifiable person."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/J...es-4889448.php

So this 'at least she's out of OUR hair' thinking is incredibly short sighted since she's likely going to be somewhere where she can cause GREATER damage to the law abiding firearm owner on a national instead of a state scale.
+1! Exactly this! So tired of hearing the praise for JB because "he only stuck it in us halfway".
Old 02-28-2016, 2:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRangel View Post
Exactly right. Let's hope her replacement won't be just as bad.
the state of affairs of this state the next person will be just as bad if not worse. never rely on the California voter to vote for anyone who even has a basic comprehension of common sense nor respect for the law.

I hope she goes to Congress so she'll be a nobody.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A

In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 02-29-2016, 8:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Seems we are all on the same page here, Kamala-Toe for senate!

Now, who else can we send to pergatory (DC)? We will have another senate seat up in a couple more years, any suggestions?
Old 02-29-2016, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
I agree with Jim Jah. She will not be able to do as much damage to 2nd Amendment Rights as a US Congressional senator, as she can right now as head of CA DOJ. As it is now, she has an unmitigated control and has applied enforcement beyond logic and maybe even what is illegal but goes unchecked because she's head-honcho. I additionally suspect that much of the Anti-2nd Amendment bills we are seeing this legislative session have her egging them on behind closed doors to issue the same, that she will support them on a legal-opinion level.

Frankly, if it pushes her out of our state politics fine; this state will ALWAYS have a Feinstein/Boxer/Pelosi/Harris type in DC out of Northern CA. Better there than here; just look at the damages a Feuer and/or Koretz type have caused on local and state levels.

Good riddance.
One has to wonder what monstrosity Newsom will appoint to replace her, though...

Lorcin L380 with bottle opener mag attachment
Old 02-29-2016, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGirlsHusband View Post
One has to wonder what monstrosity Newsom will appoint to replace her, though...

I think your timeline needs some work. Brown's term won't end until January 2019.
Old 02-29-2016, 2:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Seems we are all on the same page here, Kamala-Toe for senate!

Now, who else can we send to pergatory (DC)? We will have another senate seat up in a couple more years, any suggestions?
Gavin!
Old 02-29-2016, 4:09 PM

Sanchez is 110% correct and I applaud her for speaking out. (and you ain't gonna hear THAT everyday around here)

It was an insider deal, all the way.

It doesn't take too much to see a Mexican from LA has a much larger voter base than a Black from Frisco in CA.

Sanchez is all about connecting the community, etc. Kamala is pretty much the opposite.

Yeah, Sanchez got elected by Illegal Aliens but she is still right on this issue.
Old 02-29-2016, 5:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGirlsHusband View Post
uhh I think you need to learn Civics again. but the AG is an elected office not an appointed one.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”

In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 02-29-2016, 5:58 PM

She's a demonstrated scofflaw.
I'm gonna be sick. ....

Vietnam Veteran
Old 02-29-2016, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the 109ers View Post
Sanchez is 110% correct and I applaud her for speaking out. (and you ain't gonna hear THAT everyday around here)

It was an insider deal, all the way.

It doesn't take too much to see a Mexican from LA has a much larger voter base than a Black from Frisco in CA.

Sanchez is all about connecting the community, etc. Kamala is pretty much the opposite.

Yeah, Sanchez got elected by Illegal Aliens but she is still right on this issue.
Unfortunately, she is an anti too. Now if she had a change of heart, that would make the race more interesting.
Old 03-01-2016, 8:10 AM

Default "Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris overwhelmingly wins state Democratic Party endorsem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
uhh I think you need to learn Civics again. but the AG is an elected office not an appointed one.

Governor appoints interim if AG leaves during term, IIRC. Or maybe not; need to check it out. But if that is the case, it'd be Brown, not his successor as someone else implied.
Apparently, yes, the governor would appoint an AG.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/att...n-general.html

Last edited by Old_Bald_Guy; 03-01-2016 at 8:17 AM..
Old 03-01-2016, 9:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Now we need a draft Gavin for the senate campaign. I'd love to send the Gav to pergatory.

I think it's great we have a way of getting rid of bad pols here, thanks to the useless Feds. Let DC have all of them.
Old 03-01-2016, 9:38 AM

Kamala is on the list as a replacement for Scalia, that would be pretty bad....
Old 03-01-2016, 2:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Governor appoints interim if AG leaves during term, IIRC. Or maybe not; need to check it out. But if that is the case, it'd be Brown, not his successor as someone else implied.
Apparently, yes, the governor would appoint an AG.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/att...n-general.html
correct if she leaves during her term. is Boxer's seat up for election this year?

we know that Harris is running her Senate campaign now. I'm just not up on the Senate seats that are up for re-election. Boxer is retiring so we know that this is an open seat so to say. but we know this state is incapable of electing anyone that isn't from the bay area.

we'd be very lucky if Harris wins and Brown actually doesn't appoint someone worse or the same as Harris.

there is a silver lining she cant become governor due to term limits.
Quote:
Current Attorney General Kamala Harris is barred by term limits from running for re-election and is seeking to replace the retiring Barbara Boxer in the U.S. Senate.
Lou Correra is a good guy IIRC that he had a A- from the NRA and he was locked out of the Assembly by Don Perata for not agreeing to his bullcrap
Quote:
Other Democrats who have opened up campaign accounts to run include former state senators Lou Correa of Santa Ana

Quote:

NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 03-01-2016 at 2:56 PM..
Old 03-02-2016, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbodaggit View Post
"She vowed to protect and restore the fundamental rights of all Americans." Except, for you know, that one clearly stated in the Bill of Rights.
She likes to ignore more than just that one in the BOR, she also has a strong track record defending violations of the 4A.