Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:46 PM

Default Gas Masks and Filters

I came across some military surplus gas masks and filters. I got them for fun and now I wonder if anyone actually keep those for SHTF? Not exactly sure what good these would do since I am sure they are all long past their expiration date. Here are the filters I got:

https://www.nsncenter.com/NSN/4240-21-911-1671

Anyone seen these before? Can they be used after expiration date? I did some research and got mixed results. Some said its fine, just not as effective. Some said it should not be used, due to its toxicity after expiration date.

I guess I should've research before testing out the filters and taking a few breath with it.
Old 04-10-2018, 2:04 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I think this is a nice summary of gas mask stuff, http://willowhavenoutdoor.com/featur...ng-a-gas-mask/
Quote:
Too late is almost always too late

Unless a gas mask is securely deployed before attacks are made, it’s often already too late. Especially in the case of biological and chemical agents, even momentary exposure can be fatal. This begs the question about where you should keep a gas mask. Should it be kept in the home? At work? In the car? Or, should there be one in each location? It’s impossible to predict the time and place that a potential threat may take place. Even if you own a gas mask, a sudden and unexpected attack may not give enough warning to deploy it in time before you have to take your next breath.

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 04-16-2018, 9:54 AM

these probably better for emergency use and atm open boxed (used for test fitting) sale $93 and change:

http://approvedgasmasks.com/dp-gasmask.htm