Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 11-08-2011, 9:26 PM
Banned

Post Romy Tokarev TTC legal in CA?

J&G has some romanian tokarevs, i was wondering if they are legal in this great state of ours -_-..... also can i have it shipped directly to my front door? or does it need to go to a FFL dealer...p.s i have a C&R. and this will be my first purchase if i get the right info..any info would be great.

planning on buying it for christmas so me and my son can shoot a new gun.

thank you
Old 11-08-2011, 9:32 PM
Calguns Addict

ANY handgun (not counting antiques) regardless of a C&R or not, MUST go through an 01 FFL. An 03 FFL in CA can only have 50+ year old Long-guns shipped directly to them. J&G lists the Romanian TTC as a C&R as it was produced into the 1950's. Being a C&R they would also be CA roster exempt and legal to ship to your local dealer.

After picking it up from your dealer after the 10 day, even though you'd do the transfer through a dealer.. it being a C&R and you being a 03 license holder, you must still enter it's acquisition into your bound-book.

Have fun with your Christmas gift!!

Gun-Control: "A theory like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Last edited by GOEX FFF; 11-08-2011 at 9:57 PM..
Old 11-08-2011, 9:57 PM

I thought having an FFL03 and a COE meant that you do not need to wait the 10 days for a C&R handgun? Can't it just be shipped to the CA FFL01, then the FFL03 can do the transfer and pick it up same day?

I say thank God for government waste. If government is doing bad things, it's only the waste that prevents the harm from being greater.
-Milton Friedman

What kind of government do you guys got here? This is worse than California.
-Woody Allen, Sleepers
Old 11-08-2011, 9:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post
I thought having an FFL03 and a COE meant that you do not need to wait the 10 days for a C&R handgun? Can't it just be shipped to the CA FFL01, then the FFL03 can do the transfer and pick it up same day?
Correct. Though the OP didn't mention having an 03+COE. But yes, that would be an exemption to the 10 day wait and the 1 handgun in 30 rule.

Gun-Control: "A theory like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Last edited by GOEX FFF; 11-08-2011 at 10:06 PM..
Old 11-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

ok thank you for the information..thank you thank you...

but this will be my first time doing this. so what do i do..do i go speak with my ffl 01 dealer that i want to purchase a romy TTC? then i go and proceed with the purchase of the handgun. then do the whole 10 day wait period.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp03a3 View Post
ok thank you for the information..thank you thank you...

but this will be my first time doing this. so what do i do..do i go speak with my ffl 01 dealer that i want to purchase a romy TTC? then i go and proceed with the purchase of the handgun. then do the whole 10 day wait period.
Yep.

Take a peek at J&G's FAQ. Its the first question.
"What do I have to do to buy a gun online or by phone?"
http://www.jgsales.com/faq.php

Basically, contact your dealer and let them know that you want to order a C&R handgun from J&G. (most dealers should know that being a C&R it is exempt from the handgun roster, but expect SOME CA dealers not to know this, and you can always provide them with the CA penal code 12132(g) that specifically exempts C&R handguns from the roster - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in..._the_roster.3F) They then send J&G their FFL by mail or FAX. Once J&G has it on file, then you can place your order with them and include the FFL's info you're having it sent to on the order page.

Or, you can send a money order/payment along with your dealer's FFL so J&G gets them both together (this is what I personally would do to make it easy).
J&G will then ship the pistol to your dealer. Then you start the DROS (Dealer Record of Sale) and the 10 day begins.

Last edited by GOEX FFF; 11-08-2011 at 11:22 PM..
Old 11-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Banned

thanks goex
Old 11-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Np.

There's nothing like a father and son bonding during a day at the range with a new Christmas acquisition.

Last edited by GOEX FFF; 11-08-2011 at 11:35 PM..
Old 11-09-2011, 5:53 AM

If I buy the ammo, can I call you "Dad"?

I say thank God for government waste. If government is doing bad things, it's only the waste that prevents the harm from being greater.
-Milton Friedman

What kind of government do you guys got here? This is worse than California.
-Woody Allen, Sleepers
Old 11-10-2011, 4:53 PM
Banned

billybob..LOL^
Old 11-10-2011, 8:32 PM

Default Re: Ammo

Just FYI, the surplus ammo for those pistols is growing more scarce. Not impossible to find, just harder and a bit more expensive.

I do not know how pricy boxer primed brass is, but I ***think*** it can be formed out of .223/5.56 brass if you can't find it.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Banned

yes ive heard they surplus is getting harder to find. something about people buying alot of those pps rifles or something like that
Old 11-10-2011, 11:07 PM

Incidentally, I just got one of these Tokarevs (well, it's in the 10 day wait). Got to inspect it at the store today, though, and I have to say, it looks damn near brand new. I did pay J&G for the hand pick, but it's hard to imagine the thing looked any better the day it rolled off the assembly line.

I'd heard the Yugo Tokarevs were better quality over all, but J&G lists the Romanian ones as being in better condition, so I took a chance. Obviously, I haven't taken it out to the range or anything, but as far as cosmetic condition goes it's outstanding. I might just get another before the supply disappears.
Old 11-11-2011, 9:20 AM

Wondering which is better... 9x18 or 7.62x25

LOL

Still want my Nagant, but with outrageous fees and waiting periods I might as well get something a bit nicer....
"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry
Old 11-12-2011, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redking View Post
Wondering which is better... 9x18 or 7.62x25
Better for what? 7.62 is more powerful, but 9x18 has a better selection and generally higher-quality ammo to choose from.
Old 11-12-2011, 3:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo-Kang View Post
Incidentally, I just got one of these Tokarevs (well, it's in the 10 day wait). Got to inspect it at the store today, though, and I have to say, it looks damn near brand new. I did pay J&G for the hand pick, but it's hard to imagine the thing looked any better the day it rolled off the assembly line.

I'd heard the Yugo Tokarevs were better quality over all, but J&G lists the Romanian ones as being in better condition, so I took a chance. Obviously, I haven't taken it out to the range or anything, but as far as cosmetic condition goes it's outstanding. I might just get another before the supply disappears.
Mofo,

Whom may I ask is the importer's mark on your TTC?