Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Santa Margarita Gun Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Santa Margarita Gun Club Competitive Shooting Sports for Active and Retired Military, civilians and juniors

Old 11-01-2011, 9:46 AM

Default What is going on with the club? Do they still exist?

Nothing on the website?

Diego
Old 11-01-2011, 2:32 PM

Yes, we're still here and doing fine thank you, yourself?
Old 11-01-2011, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHermsen View Post
Yes, we're still here and doing fine thank you, yourself?
Hello, JHermsen....did you get the PM I sent you a few days ago?
Old 11-01-2011, 5:18 PM

So what's up with shootIng matches, practice?

Ted
Old 11-01-2011, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego-ted View Post
So what's up with shootIng matches, practice?

Ted
This is what I'd like to know as well, but all I've gotten so far is the sound of crickets here and via PM. This leads me to believe that the long range community is a very small and private one...................or maybe a closed-to-newbies one? I hope not...............
Old 11-02-2011, 5:30 AM

The first guy I talked to a couple of months ago was very cold and *** u me d I was an idiot! For a club needing members I thought this was bad PR.

Diego
Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 AM

Sendithit,

I responded to you a few days ago, did you not get it?

Diego -Ted,

Who did you talk to?

The LR community, while small, is very warm and welcoming to new folks especially at SMGC.
I was confused by your first post as we have had traffic posted here at CalGuns and about work parties at http://www.santamargaritagunclub.org/ for the last several weeks. In fact we will be working on our Pistol Box this Saturday at R102.

Most of us are away shooting the competition circuit (29 Palms, Ben Avery, Australia) and vacationing; we resume the shooting season in January. The new schedule is posted on the SMGC website and will be updated soon, if not already.

You may have come to your conclusions because for one, we are away and for another, the program is run by a skeleton crew. May times we are spread so thin that there is no one to answer the "phone". The crew here consists of one HP Director, one Long Range Director and myself coordinating the rest of the year's events. We are unpaid volunteers and have very busy lives beyond SMGC so sometimes it takes a while to get back to you all.

Unfortunately the shooting community is somewhat apathetic here in So. Cal. While there are plenty of folks who want to shoot, there are very few who will lend a hand and help make it happen. The level of coordination we must keep with the Military, NRA and ect., leaves little time to do much else.

Coupled with constant email traffic, something has to give and sometimes it is return e mail traffic. Our highest priorities (beyond family needs) is to run a robust program; that includes two weekends a month with all the associated coordination (EMT/OIC/RSO, MCBCP needs...the list goes on) and sometimes more.

I'm sorry you felt discouraged, but my staff and I are running an excellent program with outstanding facilities and I think you'll agree when you make it out to shoot with us.

Thanks for your interest,

John Hermsen, President
SMGC
Old 11-02-2011, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Sendithit,

I responded to you a few days ago, did you not get it?

Diego -Ted,

Who did you talk to?

The LR community, while small, is very warm and welcoming to new folks especially at SMGC.
I was confused by your first post as we have had traffic posted here at CalGuns and about work parties at http://www.santamargaritagunclub.org/ for the last several weeks. In fact we will be working on our Pistol Box this Saturday at R102.

Most of us are away shooting the competition circuit (29 Palms, Ben Avery, Australia) and vacationing; we resume the shooting season in January. The new schedule is posted on the SMGC website and will be updated soon, if not already.

You may have come to your conclusions because for one, we are away and for another, the program is run by a skeleton crew. May times we are spread so thin that there is no one to answer the "phone". The crew here consists of one HP Director, one Long Range Director and myself coordinating the rest of the year's events. We are unpaid volunteers and have very busy lives beyond SMGC so sometimes it takes a while to get back to you all.

Unfortunately the shooting community is somewhat apathetic here in So. Cal. While there are plenty of folks who want to shoot, there are very few who will lend a hand and help make it happen. The level of coordination we must keep with the Military, NRA and ect., leaves little time to do much else.

Coupled with constant email traffic, something has to give and sometimes it is return e mail traffic. Our highest priorities (beyond family needs) is to run a robust program; that includes two weekends a month with all the associated coordination (EMT/OIC/RSO, MCBCP needs...the list goes on) and sometimes more.

I'm sorry you felt discouraged, but my staff and I are running an excellent program with outstanding facilities and I think you'll agree when you make it out to shoot with us.

Thanks for your interest,

John Hermsen, President
SMGC
Hi, JHermsen. I did not get an email or PM from you, but I appreciate that you've responded here...and ytust me I can also appreciate how busy we all are. I'd like to come out this Saturday to help at the range and to meet some of the members as well. Do I need to know/be aware of anything else besides what's already been written on th SMGC site and here at CALGUNS before I get myself tarred and dirty? ;-)
Old 11-02-2011, 3:02 PM

No Sir, nothing else to know. Directions to 102 are on the website (right next door to 103).

We appreciate the help and we can fill you in on all you'd like to know Saturday.

Cheers!
Old 11-02-2011, 5:08 PM

Quote:
No Sir, nothing else to know. Directions to 102 are on the website (right next door to 103).

We appreciate the help and we can fill you in on all you'd like to know Saturday.

Cheers!
Thank you....and I'll see you folks there!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 AM

Hermsen, not sure whom I talked to, but your responce has gone a long way to mending any concerns I have. I would be new to this LONG range shooting in a controlled environment; however, I look forward to participating in events in 2012.

Diego
Old 11-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Excellent! We look forward to firing with you.

See you on the Range,
John