Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-16-2007, 1:12 PM

Default Fulton Armory Scout accuracy?

Hello,
Last year I dumped my SOCOM because, regardless of ammo, mine would not group less than 6" moa. People who know much more about these things, examined and shot the thing with no good result. So I dumped it. (Yes, yes I am fully aware that there are a lot of SOCOMs which are accurate; mine was not.)

I still would like to have a 7.62 scout-type rifle. I am looking at the Fulton Armory Scout. I have queried Fulton via email: "is your rifle guaranteed to do
2" moa?" (given the right ammo, of course). I don't think that is an unreasonable standard, my M1 Garand will do it all day long. Fulton will not respond.

So, any of you know this gun? Any help appreciated.

Cordially,
-C.
Old 02-16-2007, 3:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If you can't get that out of a scout, I'll just say operator error.
I would think that you should be able to get those kind of results by using surplus.

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 02-16-2007, 4:46 PM

Fulton Armory charges a ridiculous price for all their M14s. I say piece one together and have someone like warbird build it and refinish it for you. That way you get exactly what you want. This gives you time to save also, rather then just dumping all this cash all at once for a rifle with a bunch of unknown mixed and matched parts.
Old 02-16-2007, 5:11 PM

She's an expensive one. But it's currently what i'm saving up for, give me 20 years and it'll be mine.

The almighty M1A.