Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Show Off Your Reloading Bench

I just redid my area but I'm not sure if I want it on the main work benches or an area else where. Here you can see it on the far area the P200 C-clamped on it right now. I have a progresive and a shotgun reloader so my thinking is keep the bench clear for work like this.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

THis is what it kinda looks like today. This picture is a year old.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:25 AM

Here are a few of my main pistol press, anyone have one of these?

Old 02-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Nothing special here, but here's the "I Live In a Trailer" field expediency for those of us without real workbenches:

Old 02-15-2007, 12:23 PM

Is that a 550 Grammy? My 200 was bought with a Square Deal and a 650. Your setup will do what mine does, if it works it works. My 200 loads after I have cleaned and primed brass about 200-300 rounds an hour. I am really learning how to load so I'll break out the progressive later.

-ken
Old 02-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenc9
Is that a 550 Grammy? My 200 was bought with a Square Deal and a 650. Your setup will do what mine does, if it works it works. My 200 loads after I have cleaned and primed brass about 200-300 rounds an hour. I am really learning how to load so I'll break out the progressive later.
650 here.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:28 PM

I told my girl that the prices of ammo keep going up.. and that I wanted to buy some realoading books and get into reloading.

she says "Ill buy you the equipment if you want"
I took it as a joke and mentioned the price of the 650.. and then the price of the 1050 .. she still offered to pay for either of the 2 !!!!
Ill have to keep her untill she pays up on that offer

**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other that that ****
Old 02-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious
I told my girl that the prices of ammo keep going up.. and that I wanted to buy some realoading books and get into reloading.

she says "Ill buy you the equipment if you want"
I took it as a joke and mentioned the price of the 650.. and then the price of the 1050 .. she still offered to pay for either of the 2 !!!!
Ill have to keep her untill she pays up on that offer
Dude, if you haven't gotten to check out a 650 yet, let's work out a time for you to drop by my place. I'm actually working up a 7.62x39mm load for my AK's soon... I know you were looking for that caliber.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammaton76
Dude, if you haven't gotten to check out a 650 yet, let's work out a time for you to drop by my place. I'm actually working up a 7.62x39mm load for my AK's soon... I know you were looking for that caliber.
Keep in mind that I have absolutely no knoweledge of reloading yet, but I would definately like to stop by and take you up on that offer. Im ditching work tomorrow to take my dad out shooting - hence the wtb post for ammo (might have to leave the SKS home tomorrow HAHA) - and taking the woman out possibly sat morning.. but if your free saturday evening or sunday evening let me know

**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other that that ****
Old 02-15-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind that I have absolutely no knoweledge of reloading yet, but I would definately like to stop by and take you up on that offer. Im ditching work tomorrow to take my dad out shooting - hence the wtb post for ammo (might have to leave the SKS home tomorrow HAHA) - and taking the woman out possibly sat morning.. but if your free saturday evening or sunday evening let me know
I learned by helping a friend load, I help by shaking the cases to clean them and watched him do other things. Then I deprimed the cases and started hand priming the cases and seeing what problems I would run into ie double primers, stuck primers in military cases and checking the brass as I went.

Then helping measure powder, help adjust the dies and why what is done.
Then at my house with my equipment had him help me set my stuff up.
Learn how to get loading data and so on.

Hands on training for me is the best. It took me about 600 rounds to really have it down pretty well but new things keep coming up as you go.

Single RCBS Rockchucker presses can be had pretty cheap 50 to 75.00 to start out with at gun shows.

-ken
Old 02-15-2007, 1:19 PM

Dont worry, the Rock Chucker Supreme will be here on Tuesday

Last edited by anotherted; 02-15-2007 at 1:22 PM..
Old 02-15-2007, 1:24 PM

After seeing grammaton76's bench i dont feel so bad about my 3x2 in the closet reloading bench. But my new baby girl does like having her own room
Old 02-15-2007, 3:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sorry, my Sat + Sun are tied up with the Del Mar show. My next few weekends are all tied up... weekday nights are mostly clear though.
Old 02-15-2007, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherted

I think we have a fat old tree hugging Liberal guys!!! Look at who is on the TV screen!!!!!!!!!!

TURN THE CHANNEL
Old 02-15-2007, 3:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I like turrets

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 02-15-2007, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Sorry, my Sat + Sun are tied up with the Del Mar show. My next few weekends are all tied up... weekday nights are mostly clear though.
Weekday nights?? Ok thats fine.... Ill give you a couple days advanced notice to see if your free.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 8:11 PM

Cool Where will you be?????

Quote:
Grammation where will you be at the show? If I go I'd like to stop by and say hello
Russ
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.....John Wayne
Old 02-15-2007, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Pshaw, no shame in that game man. I have and use a Lee O-Frame press a'plenty. At the end of the day it's about the consistency of the loads you make and the groups you can shoot. I've made plenty of ragged 1 hole 5 shot groups using ammo made using that Lee O-Frame. I recently got the Lee Cast Iron for christmas and honestly I'll put it up to a Rock Chucker or Chucker Supreme any day of the week...it's a tank.

I also like that it can be adapted to handle 50 BMG should I ever decide to start reloading for that...

As long as the equipment is decent I think you'll find techniques and consistent use of them are far more important than who makes your press. Even the Lee dies are great IMHO...you can spend more sure, but they won't shrink your groups IMHO on a tactical bolt gun type setup.

Regards,

James R.
Old 02-15-2007, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R.
Pshaw, no shame in that game man.
No doubt. I just wanted something that felt a little more solid. Plus I like the idea that you can turn the RC into a progressive later on.
Old 02-16-2007, 6:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsrruss
Grammation where will you be at the show? If I go I'd like to stop by and say hello
Russ
He willl be at the CWS booth - stop by and say hello , to all the CWS crew

Old 02-16-2007, 6:46 AM

Quote:
No doubt. I just wanted something that felt a little more solid. Plus I like the idea that you can turn the RC into a progressive later on.
Save your money on the RCBS PiggyBack. I had one way back and traded it off. They work with a lot of fine adjustment but are not really worth the money or time. Keep the RCBS for load developement and spend the money on a Dillon 550 or 650 Just come over to the Blue Side.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsrruss
Russ
Nefarious had it right... wander over to the CWS booth and look for the guy that looks like... uh, my avatar.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:09 PM

i'm still working on my bench, the first one is too weak hehe. i'll post a pic once i'm done with it.
Old 02-22-2007, 5:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Default The twins.

Old 02-22-2007, 5:58 PM
Super Moderator

What kind of caseholder setups are those? I've never seen multi-tube holders before, but then again I'm used to automatic casefeeders.
Old 02-22-2007, 8:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Those are just plastic tubes that mount on a rotating base. Use up one tube, rotate and line up the next. Repeat until empty. Then fill the hopper up top (not in pic) with brass. The hopper drops the shells butt down into the tubes. Once the tubes are filled, get back to reloading.
Old 02-22-2007, 9:48 PM

yep...they are lee case feeders...no need for an electric one as it only takes a few seconds to refill the tubes using the big lee funnel and they automatically go down the tube base first with a few shakes of the funnel. It works really well...and cheap too.