Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 10-18-2011, 7:38 AM

Default Going to Vegas in 3 weeks. Anything I should know when shooting in open land?

So one of friends is getting married and we wanted to go shooting in a BLM land there.

Is there anything I should be aware of? Meaning law wise, on how my ar can /should be configured?

Any tips of where I can go on our way to Vegas? Thanks guys....
Old 10-18-2011, 5:35 PM
Calguns Addict

You're worrying too much.

If you pick a location like the Sloan shooting spot there will be other shooters there. Maybe even a machine gun or two. None of them worry much about configuration as long as it meets Federal limitations.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

When I am in Vegas this is where I shoot...

35.831592,-115.216713

Check it out on Google Maps or Earth.

It does not have an address (Google earth can give you directions to it), but there is a road you can take there and it is not far off the 15 by Jean. It is some sort of park where it is legal to shoot there, I just cannot remember what its called. It is about as BLM as you can get and pretty much anything goes. Apparently a lot of people shoot there, because there is stuff everywhere to shoot at (but bring targets). When you drive down the road and look to the left, you will see washes in front of and between the hills where people shoot. If people are there, just drive a little further, there is miles of places to shoot and although I have heard other gunfire there, I have never been close enough to see anyone else shooting.

If it's hot, bring and easy up and water or at least a hat. A truck would be preferred because it is a dirt road through the park, but a car could make it there.

Also it is a perfect place to shoot tannerite!

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter95 View Post
So one of friends is getting married and we wanted to go shooting in a BLM land there.

Is there anything I should be aware of? Meaning law wise, on how my ar can /should be configured?

Any tips of where I can go on our way to Vegas? Thanks guys....

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin 1818

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington 1790

Last edited by WiKDMoNKY; 10-18-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 10:29 PM

Wow thanks a bunch! I cant wait to go now =)

My first BLM experience.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiKDMoNKY View Post

35.831592,-115.216713

It does not have an address But Google earth can give you directions to it), but there is a road you can take there and it is not far off the 15 by Jean. It is some sort of park where it is legal to shoot there, I just cannot remember what its called. It is about as BLM as you can get and pretty much anything goes. Apparently a lot of people shoot there, because there is stuff everywhere to shoot at (but bring targets). When you drive down the road and look to the left, you will see washes in front of and between the hills where people shoot. If people are there, just drive a little further, there is miles of places to shoot and although I have heard other gunfire there, I have never been close enough to see anyone else shooting.

If it's hot, bring and easy up and water or at least a hat. A truck would be preferred because it is a dirt road through the park, but a car could make it there.

Enjoy!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:30 PM
┬──┬ \_(ツ)
CGN Contributor

bring hookers.
Anyone not voting Brown is putting other things above gun rights.
Whitman + Cooley or Harris = a rash of gun control California has never seen the likes of.
-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
If you're not voting why are you even opining?
Brown has a track record of not bowing to Dem pressure on guns.
-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterpilot562 View Post
Well if it makes you feel better, I also support the KKK, NeoNazis, WestBoro, Skins, and any other groups right to assemble
Old 10-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

No BB's and high capacity mags too!!!

Here is snippet of a video I made there to give you an idea of the layout http://goo.gl/4pBCh

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter95 View Post
Wow thanks a bunch! I cant wait to go now =)

My first BLM experience.....

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin 1818

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington 1790

Last edited by WiKDMoNKY; 10-18-2011 at 10:51 PM..
Old 10-19-2011, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
bring hookers.
That's like bringing sand to the beach

I take it you're not here for the alcohol or the tobacco
Old 10-19-2011, 7:31 AM

Thanks wikd looks like a great spot.... A bit dirty so I guess I'll be cleaning up after some people's mess...

Hookers are booked....
Old 10-19-2011, 8:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiKDMoNKY View Post

35.831592,-115.216713

It does not have an address (Google earth can give you directions to it), but there is a road you can take there and it is not far off the 15 by Jean. It is some sort of park where it is legal to shoot there, I just cannot remember what its called. It is about as BLM as you can get and pretty much anything goes. Apparently a lot of people shoot there, because there is stuff everywhere to shoot at (but bring targets). When you drive down the road and look to the left, you will see washes in front of and between the hills where people shoot. If people are there, just drive a little further, there is miles of places to shoot and although I have heard other gunfire there, I have never been close enough to see anyone else shooting.

Enjoy!
That's the location I go to as well.
It can get pretty busy there on weekends. Just go early in the morning.
I circled the shooting areas.
Old 10-19-2011, 9:24 AM

Please don't forget to bring a trashbag and clean up any mess you make. Their is rumors of them trying to close down shooting on BLM land because of the mess a lot of people leave.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 AM

Those of us who live north of the strip often go up US95 to mile marker 103. We call it the washouts. There are 20 foot berms everywhere so its a little safer than the open spots in the south. I would guess its less crowded too? Especially on weekdays.

The only down side is that its about 20 minutes out of town. If you end up in Indian Springs you know you went too far. Bring food & water and trash bags. I hate when people trash the desert.

Here is what it looks like on video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxShI8AYu4
Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 AM
┬──┬ \_(ツ)
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE View Post
That's like bringing sand to the beach
after he gets to NV.
Anyone not voting Brown is putting other things above gun rights.
Whitman + Cooley or Harris = a rash of gun control California has never seen the likes of.
-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
If you're not voting why are you even opining?
Brown has a track record of not bowing to Dem pressure on guns.
-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterpilot562 View Post
Well if it makes you feel better, I also support the KKK, NeoNazis, WestBoro, Skins, and any other groups right to assemble
Old 10-19-2011, 1:15 PM

Sweet.... Of course clean up is important.... Always leave a place cleaner than it was before.... That's just courtesy
Old 10-19-2011, 8:08 PM

I go to Carson city

Every year 5-6 of us do a trip called guys and guns and we hit up lake Tahoe and shoot for a day. I would love to show pictures and videos ... it might get me in trouble Half of the range is police and half is public. You can get away with anything.... A few years ago we bought a car on craigslist, Lets say we had trouble getting it back on the trailer.

This range is awesome!

Last edited by Cave; 10-19-2011 at 8:12 PM..