Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Stock with Shock Absorber

Anybody own one of these? I'm having trouble finding a stock of this type from the more mainstream brands.

http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Internal-...8877639&sr=8-9
Old 10-17-2011, 1:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouge Recon View Post
Anybody own one of these? I'm having trouble finding a stock of this type from the more mainstream brands.

http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Internal-...8877639&sr=8-9
Well, for a 5.56mm rifle, that's pretty high up there on the "pointless scale" of pointlessness. It's not really a round that needs to be tamed more than a compensator/brake can handle... In fact, your money would be better spent on a good comp/brake, but if you really want some recoil reduction for an AR you could try the Enidine buffer system. I've personally never tried it, but I hear good things.

http://www.botachtactical.com/enhyrebu.html

iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?
Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djleisure View Post
Well, for a 5.56mm rifle, that's pretty high up there on the "pointless scale" of pointlessness. It's not really a round that needs to be tamed more than a compensator/brake can handle... In fact, your money would be better spent on a good comp/brake . . .
You should try it before you bash it. The advantage is that it keeps the muzzle from moving as much. You will notice that the sight stays on target better with the GL-SHOCK. It is not a matter of not being tough enough to handle the recoil of the 5.56, it is a matter of staying on target better. With this stock, you get that without the increased noise and muzzle flash of the most effective brakes.

It's effect can be enhanced by the use of brakes, and Dave Fortier told me that it worked very well for him on his 6.5 Grendel when combined with the Enidine buffer.

The effect of the stock is more noticeable on larger calibers, of course, but will significantly reduce muzzle rise on the 5.56.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouge Recon View Post
I'm having trouble finding a stock of this type from the more mainstream brands.
By the way, if it helps, outside the US this is a mainstream brand, in use by many militaries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and S. America, and of course Israel.

In the rest of the world, FAB is what Magpul is in the US.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:42 PM

That is a pretty cool looking buttstock. The recoil pad looks like Big Foot's tire tracks I've yet to come across one to try it. The Magpul Enhance butt pad works pretty well IMO so I don't see why this product would be pointless.

Image is a screen shot from the movie "City of God". One of my favorite movie of all times.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:34 AM

The coolest thing about the buttpad is the tire mark left on the bad guy's face . . .
Old 10-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoDefense View Post
The coolest thing about the buttpad is the tire mark left on the bad guy's face . . .
Wouldnt it absorb all the shock from the blow?
Yall need to market it with a lock, so when used to butt strike, it locks it in position.

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Shh... Just let it happen
CGN Contributor

I've seen recoil compensators for shotty's. I say, why not on an AR/AK platform? If it'll help you to stay on target, even better! BTW I've been looking at one for my Mossy but the Mako are priced at 250-300 bucks, it's a little pricey for my wallet. I'd rather get another gun for that price.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 PM

It only compresses a little ways and then stops. A good whack would still mess you up, or at least place an atractive tire tread on your face.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
It only compresses a little ways and then stops. A good whack would still mess you up, or at least place an atractive tire tread on your face.
My sarcasm really isnt showing well via text today.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo6cavedog View Post
I've seen recoil compensators for shotty's. I say, why not on an AR/AK platform? If it'll help you to stay on target, even better! BTW I've been looking at one for my Mossy but the Mako are priced at 250-300 bucks, it's a little pricey for my wallet. I'd rather get another gun for that price.
Well, you may be better off to go this way: http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/agm500-fk.htm
and add the upgrade to the GL-SHOCK for the recoil compensation. The recoil compensating tubes built for the shotguns are best, of course, but ths setup with the GL-SHOCK stock will work very well.

Just substitute the GL-SHOCK for the one in the photo. You can call one of our dealers, like Area 51, Krebs, Bright Lights Flashlights, etc. and they may give you a good deal, too. I need to get a Calguns discount set up, too.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfields View Post
My sarcasm really isnt showing well via text today.
I got it, though. Here is the reply I really wanted to post, I guess i will go ahead:

The GL-SHOCK - softening the blow for terrorists around the world!
Old 10-31-2011, 1:03 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Off topic, but are the front line holsters made by fobus? I there is a sp01 holster which is pretty rare.

Old 10-31-2011, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfields View Post
Off topic, but are the front line holsters made by fobus? I there is a sp01 holster which is pretty rare.
Absolutely not. Front Line is one of the oldest holster manufacturers. They manufacture the holsters used by the IDF and Israeli LE. Front Line manufactures holsters from Kydex, N.G., Leather, KNG, and combinations of materials, while Fobus mainly makes molded plastic and nylon holsters for export to civilian markets.

The Front Line Holsters are of the highest quality, yet priced very well in the US market.

Contact 7.62 Precision for the SP01 holsters. They are available both the Phantom and Shadow.
Old 10-31-2011, 1:22 PM

Nice slings, by the way. I may talk to you about those.
Old 10-31-2011, 1:42 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Absolutely not. Front Line is one of the oldest holster manufacturers. They manufacture the holsters used by the IDF and Israeli LE. Front Line manufactures holsters from Kydex, N.G., Leather, KNG, and combinations of materials, while Fobus mainly makes molded plastic and nylon holsters for export to civilian markets.

The Front Line Holsters are of the highest quality, yet priced very well in the US market.

Contact 7.62 Precision for the SP01 holsters. They are available both the Phantom and Shadow.
Ill check em out. Unfortunately my Safariland cz 75 holster wont fit my new sp01 tactical.

Thanks btw, My girlfriend makes them all, Ill let her know. Toss me a PM if you are interested.

Old 10-31-2011, 9:48 PM
Shh... Just let it happen
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Well, you may be better off to go this way: http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/agm500-fk.htm
and add the upgrade to the GL-SHOCK for the recoil compensation. The recoil compensating tubes built for the shotguns are best, of course, but ths setup with the GL-SHOCK stock will work very well.

Just substitute the GL-SHOCK for the one in the photo. You can call one of our dealers, like Area 51, Krebs, Bright Lights Flashlights, etc. and they may give you a good deal, too. I need to get a Calguns discount set up, too.
I would appreciate a Calguns discount.