Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-16-2011, 8:14 PM

Default Gun safe stickers, where to find em

I have searched and googled like mad but I can't find the Jason Davis safe stickers about permission etc. Can someone post a link to where I can get some? Thanks.
Old 10-16-2011, 8:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

They aren't Davis, they are Michel and Assoc. If they don't have any more, drop me a PM, I believe I have a few extras.
Old 10-16-2011, 8:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Calguns Foundation has some that will again be made available at our new storefront, which should be opening up next week.

-Brandon

CGF Gun Safe Magnet/Decal

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerman View Post
I have searched and googled like mad but I can't find the Jason Davis safe stickers about permission etc. Can someone post a link to where I can get some? Thanks.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 10-16-2011, 9:11 PM

On Target has a stack of them. I think, free.
Old 10-16-2011, 9:47 PM

You can get the Michel & Associates stickers hill billy is referring to (along with some other cool stuff) here: http://michellawyers.com/reference-m...er-free-stuff/

Last edited by BRoss; 10-16-2011 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: Signature not showing up
Old 10-16-2011, 10:02 PM

Honestly, would these stickers be a good idea at all, or would they be just begging to attract attention and have LEA/O's fish and find an excuse for a warrant?

On a somewhat related note also, does Michaels & Associates (or any CGN/F associated law firm) have an iPhone app? I found one a while back that looked like it was from one of our friendly lawfirms, but couldn't be sure; and I didn't want to pay the money to fund someone I wasn't sure of and couldn't verify the validity of the legal advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I will NOT be a part of a civil rights movement which contains its own version of "P.C."
5-23-11 The day the Sleeping Giant awoke.

"...What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?"
-A. Scalia 2005
Old 10-17-2011, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Calguns Foundation has some that will again be made available at our new storefront, which should be opening up next week.
I don't know if you already know this or not, but all the links in the store at the moment point to a "maintenance" page. That then gives a 404 error.
Old 10-17-2011, 4:40 AM
★ Junior G Man ✈
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 USC Section 798

Quote:
Calguns Foundation has some that will again be made available at our new storefront
Brandon,

New store? = More stuff yes?

-------
Old 10-17-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:

-Brandon

Nice!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default High Quality

Quote:

-Brandon

I have 2 magnetic on my smaller "safes" and 2 sticker type on my larger safes. These are thick and strong and well worth the money.
Old 10-27-2011, 8:26 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team

I think so, they very similar to the gun case tags that we sell which are quite popular.
Old 10-28-2011, 9:50 PM

Are these available yet?

Quote:

-Brandon

Old 10-29-2011, 7:35 AM
Veteran Member

I used my lable maker to make a notice for my safe. It reads "No Farting Within 50 Feet"!!
Old 10-30-2011, 8:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerman View Post
We give them out for free at the range -- I "borrwed" the desigh from Chuck three years ago and try to keep them in stock -- they are free!

Gregg

NRA Supporter & Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Old 10-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni.dori View Post
Honestly, would these stickers be a good idea at all, or would they be just begging to attract attention and have LEA/O's fish and find an excuse for a warrant?

Does anybody have any ideas on this topic?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Stanislaus View Post
Does anybody have any ideas on this topic?
In reality the stickers do nothing. Only a person can invoke a right or give up a right.

Simply this. If a LEO is at a place where your safe is and it's locked. just how would he get in?

The only way would be for you or someone with the combination to open it for him.

So he could ask for permission to look inside... Sticker or no your verbal response could give him permission to look inside if you opened it for him...

If you said no to his request you would not open it.

So the sticker had zero relevance.

Now if the LEO had a warrant which allowed him to search. The sticker would again mean nothing because a warrant gives him the authority to search, which includes using force if needed to open the safe.

So in effect the stickers are nothing but a novel way of advertising.

I have a few on my safes just for the humor factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Old 10-31-2011, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
In reality the stickers do nothing. Only a person can invoke a right or give up a right.

Simply this. If a LEO is at a place where your safe is and it's locked. just how would he get in?

The only way would be for you or someone with the combination to open it for him.

So he could ask for permission to look inside... Sticker or no your verbal response could give him permission to look inside if you opened it for him...

If you said no to his request you would not open it.

So the sticker had zero relevance.

Now if the LEO had a warrant which allowed him to search. The sticker would again mean nothing because a warrant gives him the authority to search, which includes using force if needed to open the safe.

So in effect the stickers are nothing but a novel way of advertising.

I have a few on my safes just for the humor factor.
But isn't there also the possibility that they could have a warrant that WOULDN'T cover the ability to search the safe, but try to use it as a way to strong arm/lie their way in to doing so? Or what if they are already inside the house (for whatever hypothetical reason, say a B&E), and see that sticker there? Could that possibly cause them to fish for a reason to try and look inside the safe?
Quote:
I will NOT be a part of a civil rights movement which contains its own version of "P.C."

"...What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?"
-A. Scalia 2005
Old 10-31-2011, 2:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni.dori View Post
But isn't there also the possibility that they could have a warrant that WOULDN'T cover the ability to search the safe, but try to use it as a way to strong arm/lie their way in to doing so? Or what if they are already inside the house (for whatever hypothetical reason, say a B&E), and see that sticker there? Could that possibly cause them to fish for a reason to try and look inside the safe?
Not really. The purpose of a search warrant is to search for evidence of the crime they are investigating. In every single warrant I have written or read there is the phraseology which allows the search of any and all containers.

Since a safe is a "container", this allows opening the safe for the search.

The container search request is pretty much "boilerplate" wording in any and all search warrants.

It would be real stupid to request a search warrant and NOT request permission to look in a safe, which is the number one place where people hide things they don't want others to see or have access to.........

As I said, absent a warrant only someone with the combination can open the safe. So the sticker is irrelevant. If there were a burglary and the safe was still locked afterwards it would be up to the person in control of the safe to decide if they wanted to allow a LEO access to it.

Quote:
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Last edited by SVT-40; 10-31-2011 at 10:42 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 3:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermcoupe View Post
Brandon,

New store? = More stuff yes?
Yes.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 10-31-2011, 4:27 PM
In Memoriam

These are not just for the LEO - they are for the gun owner. We need to be reminded that we have rights. If, for some reason, you have an encounter with a LEO, there's a good chance that you may feel some pressure, and maybe forget your rights, this can prompt you to take a breath... and assert your rights.
Old 10-31-2011, 4:29 PM
Veteran Member

They're another form of possible insurance that you have to know how to use...or they're meaningless. My personal experience.

CHP seemed to struggle with the concept "I do not consent to a search". After finding the sticker on a safe, and claiming that the magazines being next to the unloaded pistol and not inserted constituted a felony charge - let alone the fact that the safe was in the passenger door (not permanently attached), they insisted on their fishing expedition. In their mind, "all roads / all codes" also means "ignore all rights". Finding a 30 round AR15 magazine after an "inventory search" gave them license, in their mind, for a fishing expedition asking "where's the rifle" multiple times and breaking into locked containers in the car. Of the dozens of long guns I own, not one was in the car...how did that happen?

Never underestimate an LEO's ignorance or disinterest in the laws they attempt to enforce.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbtrottr View Post
They're another form of possible insurance that you have to know how to use...or they're meaningless. My personal experience.

CHP seemed to struggle with the concept "I do not consent to a search". After finding the sticker on a safe, and claiming that the magazines being next to the unloaded pistol and not inserted constituted a felony charge - let alone the fact that the safe was in the passenger door (not permanently attached), they insisted on their fishing expedition. In their mind, "all roads / all codes" also means "ignore all rights". Finding a 30 round AR15 magazine after an "inventory search" gave them license, in their mind, for a fishing expedition asking "where's the rifle" multiple times and breaking into locked containers in the car. Of the dozens of long guns I own, not one was in the car...how did that happen?

Never underestimate an LEO's ignorance or disinterest in the laws they attempt to enforce.

So, basically this is to CYA for those "over zealous" LEO's?
Quote:

-A. Scalia 2005
Old 10-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Calguns Addict

More CYA for you to remember your rights.....And a interesting conversation piece.

Remember it's just a sign on a sticker or magnet. Only people can invoke or give up a right.

Quote:

Old 11-01-2011, 10:35 AM
★ Junior G Man ✈
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 USC Section 798

Quote:
Yes.

any idea when? I know you all are busy but inquiring minds want to know.

-------