Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-10-2011, 4:32 AM

Default Cali CCW coming??

Sorry if this is a dupe, I checked and didn't find it here.

LEGISLATIVE ALERT
This information is accurate at the time this CAL-ERT was written and originally distributed. The NRA Members' Councils of California will keep you informed as the legislative, regulatory, and/or litigation situation changes in California.
GOVERNOR BROWN SIGNS NRA/CRPA SPONSORED CCW REFORM LEGISLATION!

When Senate Bill 610 goes into effect, the first of next year, it will bring the long-awaited statewide consistency in the manner of how CCW permits are processed by all issuing agencies. SB610 will require agencies to determine if an applicant has initial "Good Cause" to be issued a permit BEFORE the applicant is required to fulfill the requirements in training, classes, background checks and pay the sometimes extensive fees required to obtain a permit. SB610 will also specify that issuing agencies CANNOT require CCW applicants to obtain "Liability Insurance" as a condition for being issued a CCW permit.

In California's current political climate, reforms such as SB610 require a tremendous amount of effort and coordination by all of those involved. The NRA and CRPA have shown to be quite effective in their efforts to pass this legislation that both organizations sponsored. Their work to protect the Second Amendment freedoms of their members is a perfect example of how we all can be successful if we remain vigilant.

When the Governor signed Senate Bill 610, he presented NRA's lobbyist with a copy of the signed bill. Clearly, Governor Brown appreciates NRA-ILA California State Liaison Ed Worley.
Old 10-10-2011, 4:41 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code ยง 798

I like the sound of being standardized.

Link

-------
Old 10-10-2011, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermcoupe View Post

Link
...as long as it's not standardized to "non-issue." I'm "cautiously optimistic."
Old 10-10-2011, 8:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

SB 610 basically re-states what is already in the law. It's something to use in conversation with some recalcitrant licensing authorities on a narrow set of issues to say, "look, they [the Legislature] really meant it and have said so again."

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 10-10-2011, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotebait View Post
... "cautiously optimistic."

^^ I'm with you on this one.

I believe we may be a good deal closer to CCW access. and the whole non-liability insurance requirement is good. We just have to see in which direction it will head. It can go positive or negative extremely fast..
Old 10-10-2011, 8:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Us3rName View Post
^^ I'm with you on this one.

I believe we may be a good deal closer to CCW access. and the whole non-liability insurance requirement is good. We just have to see in which direction it will head. It can go positive or negative extremely fast..
They couldn't require liability insurance before. This bill makes it a bit more explicit.

Tyrants and government choose their own rules for following rules.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

Last edited by wildhawker; 10-10-2011 at 8:39 AM..
Old 10-10-2011, 8:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Unfortunately I think, "SB610 will require agencies to determine if an applicant has initial "Good Cause" to be issued a permit..." will translate to mean if you are not a member of the elite, your cause is not good.

Like the soup Nazi... No gun for you!

Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

"If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards
Old 10-10-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotebait View Post
...as long as it's not standardized to "non-issue." I'm "cautiously optimistic."
What he said. ^^^

They may take the policies and procedures of say LA or Marin county and make that the "standard". And we all know thats where the votes are that run this asylum.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

This will make it more certain that testing good causes by sending in a bunch of volunteers becomes less expensive and easier.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 10-10-2011, 1:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHoTex View Post
Unfortunately I think, "SB610 will require agencies to determine if an applicant has initial "Good Cause" to be issued a permit..." will translate to mean if you are not a member of the elite, your cause is not good.

Like the soup Nazi... No gun for you!
There's just no substantive changes in the bill, and absolutely none with respect to areas of discretion; ergo, your worry is unfounded.

-Brandon

Old 10-10-2011, 3:38 PM
Veteran Member

But will this "standardization" still let San Bernardino get away with requiring a one year residency, letters of reference, and them doing a house to house inquiry of your neighbors about you ? I really hate that part.
Old 10-10-2011, 6:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
But will this "standardization" still let San Bernardino get away with requiring a one year residency, letters of reference, and them doing a house to house inquiry of your neighbors about you ? I really hate that part.
All but the last is clearly unlawful.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 10-10-2011, 8:22 PM

Any idea what the "good causes" would be, our will we have to wait till the start of the year?
Old 10-10-2011, 8:24 PM

always wondering...
what does good cause "carrying large amount of cash" means?

like 500? 1,000? 10,000?
Old 10-10-2011, 8:31 PM

Good cause may be going away, at least from a practical point of view if the courts rule that self defense equals good cause.
Old 10-10-2011, 8:37 PM

Isn't, in a normal persons mind, self defense, or the defense of your family not only a good cause but the best?
Old 10-10-2011, 8:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermcoupe View Post

Link
+1
This is getting good!

"Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
- Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)