Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 10-07-2011, 2:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default I think my wife wants a glock 17

It's like she punched me right in the gut... she has a .357 revolver.... but she wants a synthetic gun with a "clip". I tried to explain to her about FTE, FTF, FTF and glock leg, but she just does not want to listen...my own wife Tupperware toting tacticool how do I break this to our children?

Or do you just hate her so much you can't let go?
Old 10-07-2011, 2:13 PM

You need to hit your wife harder.

Clip?
GLOCK?

show her the thread here titled "GLOCK EXPLODED"

also go to a gun store and buy her a 1911 but ask the seller to put it in a glock box.

Christmas is coming.

Get the black one....

Tacticool it up...

If she isnt happy with it...

Jump off a bridge

YOU TRIED
"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

Last edited by redking; 10-07-2011 at 2:15 PM..
Old 10-07-2011, 2:18 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

At least one of you two has some common sense. Now the more important question is what do we do about five.five-six's Glock ignorance
Old 10-07-2011, 2:21 PM
Maker of Sound
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stix213 View Post
At least one of you two has some common sense. Now the more important question is what do we do about five.five-six's Glock ignorance
This.

That said, my wife wants a S&W 617 for Christmas. She doesn't like shooting our Glock 17.
Old 10-07-2011, 2:57 PM

Let her go fondle a glock 19 and I bet she will want that instead!

Now what is this FTE, FTF stuff? I for the life of me can't remember ever having any FTE's or FTF's in over 24 years from owning Glocks! Guess I've been lucky or something

Old 10-07-2011, 2:58 PM
Veteran Member

i hope my old lady doesn't want a gun....diamonds are expensive enough lol

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
Old 10-07-2011, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redking View Post
also go to a gun store and buy her a 1911 but ask the seller to put it in a glock box.
Love it!
Old 10-07-2011, 3:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

ohhh, I have a black kimber I could give her.... just tell her it's the improved model with a safety and comfort fit.... it's like the bently of glocks

Old 10-07-2011, 3:58 PM

All I have to say to your wife:

Old 10-07-2011, 4:58 PM
Veteran Member

Remeber. 13 rounds of .45 is better than 8 rounds of .45.

just sayin
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 10-07-2011, 5:02 PM

Most women like my wife do not prefer the fat grip of a Glock. Plus my wife is all about her1911's and CZ's. She wont shoot Glocks anymore but she does like her XD45, go figure.
Old 10-07-2011, 5:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.1904 View Post
Remeber. 13 rounds of .45 is better than 8 rounds of .45.

just sayin
um..my wife pees sitting down, so she wants a 9mm

Old 10-07-2011, 5:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
It's like she punched me right in the gut... she has a .357 revolver.... but she wants a synthetic gun with a "clip". I tried to explain to her about FTE, FTF, FTF and glock leg, but she just does not want to listen...my own wife Tupperware toting tacticool how do I break this to our children?
Gotta stop drinking that hater-aid brother. I've never had any of those issues with my Glock, and I am a long time Glock owner. The only time I've ever seen anybody have them is when they were limp wristing (usually limp arm rather than wrist). People leaving their shooting arm like a limp noodle. People not understanding how a semi-auto works. Not understanding that if you let the gun come backwards right along with the slide, the slide can't come back far enough to do its job. This is something that increases in frequency the more powerful the round because more force/resistance is needed on the gun. It can happen with any semi-auto, and not a single range trip goes by where I don't see it happening to a new 1911 owner. It's fun listening to them be stubborn when I tell them to stiffen their shooting arm a lttle bit and they insist their gun is broken and its not them. It's not a 1911 thing or a Glock thing. It's a semi-auto thing. But as guys who are used to 9mms catch the 1911 fever (which is happening in droves lately) and shoot their first .45, they don't get that a slightly stiffer arm and less bendy elbow is needed. Something they should have been doing all along but didn't know it. For the wife, 9mm is a smarter move. I don't know her personally, but the less powerful the round the less force/resitance is needed to keep a semi-auto working properly. It also means fatigue will set is slower. It's not that I think women can't handle a .45, just that 9mm is easier for everybody. So if she thinks 9mm is the right size for her, don't argue. Be glad she is not insisting on a .380.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 10-07-2011 at 5:23 PM..
Old 10-07-2011, 5:15 PM

I wonder how much she's had to hear you drone on and on about how much you hate Glocks. Now, she has her revenge. Ha! Ha!

Last edited by ianS; 10-07-2011 at 5:23 PM..
Old 10-07-2011, 5:21 PM
Calguns Addict

I own mostly Sigs, a few Glocks (find another good value in 10mm semi-auto), and an HK USP. I prefer my Sigs but I one have one issue with the Glock: striker pistols require an elevated sense of safety in handling because they don't have de-cockers or safeties. I personally don't like safeties in pistols, but I like a de-cocker to put it in DA mode. But that's me. If she is trained and knows her stuff, then let her get what she wants to shoot. Life is too short to shoot pistols you don't like.

Not wasting any more time and energy tilting, Don Quixote-like, on a regulatory problem that, constitutionally, should not even exist in a free state.
I cannot change the world unlike my hero Samuel Adams—but I can change my place in it.
Gone fishin' for now and soon gone from California.
Old 10-07-2011, 5:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Not to pick on you or call you out but get proper training, obey the basic safety rules, no problems. You see a lot of new guys without professional training (or without enough of it) that lack the self confidence to carry without a manual safety and/or decocker. I think they should trust their gut, because they are probably right. In fact they really should not be carrying at all until their skill level and confidence increases. But once they have more training under their belt I don't get remaining aprehensive. At the end of the day, the manual safety and DA pull offer more the illusion of safety than the actual reality of safety. Break the basic safety rules and you're gonna have a problem. Period. A safety or decocker are not going to save you if you're truly careless or incomptent. Again...not saying you're either. What I am saying is that the exact same level of safety is needed regardless of what kind of gun you have. You just think they're different. Until you have that skillset...you're unsafe. Training wheels on bike won't save you if you ride your bike into head on traffic anymore than a DA pull on a gun will save if you're careless.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 10-07-2011 at 5:35 PM..
Old 10-07-2011, 5:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Sounds to me like your wife has good taste. Glocks are reliable.

I just recently picked up a new Glock 17 since I got rid of my only full size 9mm (Beretta) a few years ago. It's wearing a nice Surefire X300, too.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 10-07-2011, 5:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

guys, guys, don't get me wrong, as cheep guns go, glocks are great... I was just hoping she had more self respect than that

I am going to have to make her shoot one first, if she still wants one after that, then she can have one

Old 10-07-2011, 5:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Do they have a "digging a hole" smiliey?
Old 10-07-2011, 6:08 PM

Once she gets the Glock, she'll be cooler than you.
Old 10-07-2011, 6:13 PM
Free at Last!
CGN Contributor

Let her hold a CZ!
Old 10-07-2011, 6:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpia is sarap!® View Post
Once she gets the Glock, she'll be cooler than you.
lmfao

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
Old 10-07-2011, 8:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I have three different sized Glocks and two 17's, one's stock, the other slightly modded if you want to meet up somewhere.
Glock Certified Armorer
Old 10-07-2011, 9:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Try a redirection. She wants black plastic with a "clip?" () Fine... look at any number of SIGs, Barettas, Rugers, whatevers...

Unless she REALLY likes the ergos of the G**** (it happens ) she just might like something else better. My wife LOVES her SIG 9mm to death. And so far none of those FTF or FTE you mentioned. The thing's been combat brick reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 10-07-2011, 9:08 PM

Is your wife a thug? Usually its the thugs calling a magazine a "clip."

Just saying.... But on a serious note, Glocks are excellent guns. I dont know why all the hating has been going around. Tell that to the 24,23023,2300 LEO who trust their Glock out on the job. I love my Glock 22, it feels and shoots nice. Though not a 1911, but thats a different story.
Old 10-07-2011, 9:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishslayer View Post
Unless she REALLY likes the ergos of the G**** (it happens ) she just might like something else better. My wife LOVES her SIG 9mm to death. And so far none of those FTF or FTE you mentioned.
yea... i am afraid to let her know about my 229.... that's how she got my android, my GPS, a bunch of my tools and my digital voice recorder.... she finds something I have that she likes and just takes it

229 would probably be a really good gun for her, great ergos, and the .357 sig is inherently reliable.... damn it, that's my favorite gun right now... hopefully the recoil is too much for her

the thing about FTF and FTE, they seem more prevalent in high stress situations.... that's why i like her having a wheel gun.... yes she has had some range time... and put better than 500 rounds down the pipe.... but I had her at the range today, she wanted a HSC.... she passed her test and I asked... well don't you want to shoot?..... oh no, not today

I will never understand women

Old 10-07-2011, 9:19 PM

Put tula ammo in it.

"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry
Old 10-07-2011, 9:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I will never understand women
All you really need to understand is that she'll do best with something she likes. Just let her try out different stuff & let it work itself out. Shouldn't cost ya much either. Guys will usually let chicks try out their gear any time they ask. I know I do.

As for "taking" stuff my wife's been after my 1911 since I got it. I see that as a chance to upgrade when the opportunity presents itself.

Quote:
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 10-07-2011, 9:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
As for "taking" stuff my wife's been after my 1911 since I got it. I see that as a chance to upgrade when the opportunity presents itself.
let me explain to you how that will work, you ill still be shooting your [loaded]?? and she will have a new Les bare

Old 10-08-2011, 12:43 AM

I turn 21 in 4 months. First hand gun will be a glock 17 and a glock 21 SF after the 30 day wait.
Old 10-08-2011, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Put tula ammo in it.

This is now a crime scene.

in case /sarcasm
Old 10-08-2011, 2:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
FTE, FTF, FTF and glock leg,
Someone's stuck on the bad G17 Gen4 recoil spring. They did send out new and improved ones you know.
Old 10-08-2011, 6:14 AM

She likes guns, that makes her a keeper.

Cheers,
Bill
Old 10-08-2011, 9:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-45 View Post
Someone's stuck on the bad G17 Gen4 recoil spring. They did send out new and improved ones you know.
no, I just don't like cheep plastic guns

Old 10-08-2011, 9:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
no, I just don't like cheep plastic guns
If G***** were "cheap" I'd probly own one by now. In my neck of the woods even used ones are $500+. Too many others I'd rather have before putting out that kind of cash for something that doesn't really excite me.

Not a hater but poking the fanboiz is fun.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2011, 9:35 AM

Quote:
You need to hit your wife harder.

Clip?
GLOCK?

show her the thread here titled "GLOCK EXPLODED"

Christmas is coming.

Get the black one....

Tacticool it up...

If she isnt happy with it...

Jump off a bridge

YOU TRIED
You mean you didn't read the replies on how rare the glocks explode "kaboom"?
Old 10-08-2011, 9:53 AM

I am not the bigest fan of glocks,. The ergonomics blow and its like shooting ashoebox. But I gave my girlffriend my g17 gen 2 for home defense when she moved into to her new apartment.she prefers it over any of m
y other semis due to the lighter slide
Old 10-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
at least buy her an American made reliable pistol and get her a Ruger Sr9 or SR9c.

PS
my wife owns a G19 and loves it(i also keep catching her with her hands on my SR9), i find it a bit smaller for my hands and it makes me long for my old G17.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:19 PM

+1

Mine is not a big fan of firepower...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billped View Post
She likes guns, that makes her a keeper.

Cheers,
Bill

If it bleeds, we can kill it... Dutch
Old 10-08-2011, 5:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
If G***** were "cheap" I'd probly own one by now. In my neck of the woods even used ones are $500+.
cheep and overpriced are not mutually exclusive, case in point