Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 09-28-2011, 2:36 PM

Default Still searching

for the mythical tok carbine for plinking.

Thinking outside of the box(I have already looked at AK platforms and the like. I want something like the HiPoint carbine or the kel tek 2000, but it is not to be. Then I came across an idea. The taurus model 62 is a .22 survival rifle that can shoot .410 rounds and .41 slugs. This seems like it should be strong enough to modify and shoot the Tok round. It has a pump feed system.

Could other .410 pump shotguns be easily modified? I do not have to have a semi auto, but self loading is nice to have in many situations.

I do not know much about this, but if it could be done for a reasonable price, I think that we could then have a perfect SHTF plinker. It is a light scout type rifle and should be able to fire the Tok round.

Has anyone looked into this? I have not seen anything about it

Those who choose safety over freedom are neither safe or free!
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)
“It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.” —- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson
Old 09-29-2011, 9:08 PM
Calguns Addict

You can buy a 7.62x25 upper for the AR platform: http://cncgunsparts.com/ar-15_m-16_762x25_uppers

The thing is, ammo isn't as easy to find as it once was.

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785
Old 10-01-2011, 7:43 AM

I know about those, but I am talking about a scout gun (something that doesn't look evil, that maybe breaks down for storage).

Those who choose safety over freedom are neither safe or free!
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)
“It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.” —- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson