Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 09-27-2011, 7:13 PM

Thumbs up AAR: Phoenix Tactical Solutions-Handgun Skillbuilder 9/10/11

First, I would like to say thank you very much to Maani and Sean for their time, knowledge, and professionalism. They are extremely good instructors that maintain your level of confidence by allowing your skill level to set the pace of your learning and not just rush through the days training. I had never shot from a holster so I was looking to start out very slow until I got the hang of it. Maani and Sean were exactly the instructors that I was looking for because they never made me feel uncomfortable and were readily willing to go extra slow until I felt confident in the task being performed.

I took this class because I wanted to become more confident my Sig P228. I was looking for a course that could train me to feel extremely confident with it since Iím mainly an AR guy and the handgun was my weakness. I wanted training that would take my handgun skills to the next level and I found it (I actually think I went an extra level, which is cool). On top of the skills that I learned I think one thing that sticks out with me the most is that I feel safer now with my Sig than I ever have after completing this class. Itís hard to describe but when you feel safe you are safe, you feel confident, you shoot better, and thatís great.

During the days training we covered close contact and intermediate engagements, support side shooting, shooting on the move, shooting during retreat, Type 2 and 3 malfunctions, and more. Best of all you learn three of the best skills for tactical shooting:
1. Whoís your best friend? (thanks Sean. I still can't believe how well this works.)
2. How to shoot extremely fast without sacrificing accuracy.
3. A skill that could safe your life when reloading. (thanks for drilling this over and over Gents)
These alone were worth their weight in gold. Take the course and Iím sure you will agree.

I got everything I wanted, and then some, from this training and had a blast as well, no pun intended . I would recommend this class for anyone who wishes to take their handgun skills to the next level, feel safer handling their firearm, or those who wish to feel ďone with the gunĒ as the Phoenix Tactical Solution website says. I truly feel one with my Sig now and I appreciate and thank those who got me here.

I do recommend bringing:

plenty of water or Gatorade
hat and sunscreen
and an UpLula is a definitely a must have for reloading

I hope this helps folks in thinking of taking a class!

Safe shooting to all!
Old 09-29-2011, 9:32 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you!