Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:42 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7122 View Post
never mind then, lol. so would a .410 slug be more accurate and travel farther than a 12ga slug?
You can still use those .410 00 buck and the PDX1's, as well as any other .410 round that fits.
Old 09-28-2011, 8:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
Ruger 10/22 for $217! Marlin 60 22lr $157! Maverick 88 $187, Henry 22lr lever action $287, remington 700 caliber uknown $397, Mossberg 500 pump $227, Ruger mini 14 $627

.....where is the walmart near me that sells these.. i want the henry lever action
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.
Old 09-28-2011, 8:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGGUY View Post
I was looking at the junk mail just now and the Wal-Mart ad had 2 rifles on the cover. Looked inside and it was all rifles and firearms related.
I guess slowly we are gaining back some of what we always had....
So does this mean that the Riverside Wally World will carry these?

Super Robot VOLTES V
Old 09-28-2011, 9:02 AM

the 11-87 for 6 bills with the current rebate may = gun time!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 5:47 PM

I do remember when Walmart sold long guns. I would stare at them while I let my wife shop around. How many of you guys did that back in the day? K-Mart as well.
I hope this isn't a fluke. I can't help but notice that the add appears perfectly 'normal' even though they haven't sold guns for years in Cali. At least they could have made it appear that this is an introductory sale or something a bit more exciting. When I first looked it over I thought it must have been a mistake
Old 09-28-2011, 6:01 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastattack View Post
How many of you guys did that back in the day? K-Mart as well.
I hope this isn't a fluke. I can't help but notice that the add appears perfectly 'normal' even though they haven't sold guns for years in Cali. At least they could have made it appear that this is an introductory sale or something a bit more exciting. When I first looked it over I thought it must have been a mistake
It might be a mistake. Smoothbore Circuit Judges aren't sold in CA, are they? The ad states it is a "shotgun".

I remember guns at Wal-Mart, KMart, Sears, Wards and even Woolworth's. My wife's mom worked at the Woolworth's here about 20 years ago. They had some milsurps for sale at one point, I think they were Enfields, for around $50. My father-in-law talked me out of buying one because the ammo was expensive.

Senate Public Safety Chair Loni Hancock:
"Yeah, we do that quite a lot, actually..."

- Joint Legislative Informational Hearing on Firearms - Newsom Initiative #1756 - May 3rd 2016
Old 09-28-2011, 6:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch3 View Post

I remember guns at Wal-Mart, KMart, Sears, Wards and even Woolworth's.

JCPenney too.
Old 09-28-2011, 7:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastattack View Post
I do remember when Walmart sold long guns. I would stare at them while I let my wife shop around. How many of you guys did that back in the day? K-Mart as well.
FYI, the prices in the ad are the everyday prices out here.
Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

- from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
(Revised Eastern Sect Edition)
Old 09-28-2011, 7:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It might be a mistake. Smoothbore Circuit Judges aren't sold in CA, are they? The ad states it is a "shotgun".
It is a shotgun. Because it has a rifled bore, that only means it doesn't meet California's definition of a shotgun with a revolving cylinder. Walmart and Rossi can call it a shotgun, boomstick, narwhal horn, etc. What it's called in the ad doesn't change the legal status of it.
Old 09-28-2011, 7:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerman View Post
the 11-87 for 6 bills with the current rebate may = gun time!!!
+1. It's $650 at BPS right now.
Old 09-28-2011, 8:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
It is a shotgun. Because it has a rifled bore, that only means it doesn't meet California's definition of a shotgun with a revolving cylinder. Walmart and Rossi can call it a shotgun, boomstick, narwhal horn, etc. What it's called in the ad doesn't change the legal status of it.
The rifled version is not a shotgun, according to at least 2 PD's here in California. Sacramento, and one other county I forget are calling the rifled version a rifle, making it legal, so far as they are concerned.

The rifled version has been and is for sale all over the state.

The smoothbore version would indeed be a shotgun, and apparently illegal.

I'm guessing it's a misunderstanding on their part to call it a shotgun under the circumstances, unless they are illegally selling the smoothbore version.

Many rifled guns can shoot shot type shells, that doesn't necessarily make them shotguns.

The legal definition "is" the definition that is applicable. Confusing it and applying whatever label you want will only create issues for all those who own one. Walmart needs to get on board with that.

Last edited by Briancnelson; 09-28-2011 at 8:20 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 8:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briancnelson View Post
No. The rifled version is not a shotgun, according to at least 2 PD's here in California. Sacramento, and one other county I forget are calling the rifled version a rifle, making it legal, so far as they are concerned.

The rifled version has been and is for sale all over the state.

The smoothbore version would indeed be a shotgun, and apparently illegal.

I'm guessing it's a misunderstanding on their part to call it a shotgun under the circumstances, unless they are illegally selling the smoothbore version.
You totally missed my point. Your first word is "no" yet you just confirm that I'm correct. What?

Shotguns(and whether they're legal or not) are defined in the CA penal code. That definition has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what people can call the firearm.

If walmart, rossi, a local PD, or whoever wants to refer to the rifled bore version as a shotgun because you can put .410 shotgun shells into it, it doesn't matter. They could call it a shotgun, a rifle, whale junk, super soaker, or even a 2x4. It doesn't become an illegal shotgun with a revolving cylinder unless it has a smooth bore.

I even already pointed out that they're for sale here in CA and people own them. Why are you replying to my post with "No."?
Old 09-28-2011, 8:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briancnelson View Post
The legal definition "is" the definition that is applicable. Confusing it and applying whatever label you want will only create issues for all those who own one. Walmart needs to get on board with that.
Walmart or anyone else "confusing" people doesn't alter the legal status of the rifled bore circuit judge, or change what an already defined revolving cylinder shotgun is.
Old 09-28-2011, 8:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was in Walmart a few weeks ago getting some ammo and the sporting goods guy told me that they were going to start selling guns again.
Nehemiah 4:14 ...Remember the Lord, great and awesome, and fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
This is a discussion forum, that's what happens on a discussion forum.
People talk, discuss, speculate and share information.
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."~John Adams 1798
Old 09-29-2011, 8:58 AM

Awesome they're carrying the Circuit Judge - that's really kind of an exotic. Prices look pretty good too.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Yes guns at Walmart.
Old 09-29-2011, 1:09 PM

Here's their gun catalog:

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/...GunCatalog.pdf
Old 09-29-2011, 2:28 PM

Quote:

I remember guns at Wal-Mart, KMart, Sears, Wards and even Woolworth's. My wife's mom worked at the Woolworth's here about 20 years ago. They had some milsurps for sale at one point, I think they were Enfields, for around $50. My father-in-law talked me out of buying one because the ammo was expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg View Post
JCPenney too.
Western auto and the corner hardware store, too!. I remember handguns right out in the open.

Those who choose safety over freedom are neither safe or free!
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)
“It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.” —- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson
Old 09-29-2011, 4:08 PM
Resident Leg Humper
CGN Contributor

...shall investigate at local Walmart

WTS: 870 Barrel Clamp/Railed Mount

Old 09-29-2011, 5:30 PM
Veteran Member

I was just in the Redlands walmart and the lady showed me the same ad. She said the guns would be sold online for now. Mark
Old 09-29-2011, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Walmart recently announced that, after a five-year hiatus, it will fire up gun sales again at hundreds of its stores nationwide. But according to Walmart spokeswoman Ashley Hardie, the Walmart corporation does not currently and has no plans to start selling guns in any of its California stores.
http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/news/bu...-not-sell-guns
May 09, 2011
wont hold my breath ...
Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg View Post
JCPenney too.
The first shotgun I ever bought - Rem 870 - was at JC Penny in Whittier in 1978

Last edited by socal44; 10-01-2011 at 5:47 AM..
Old 09-30-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-H View Post
A friend was telling me yesterday, he was at Wal-Mart talking with a manager in sporting goods. He was told they were getting people licensed to sell firearms again?
Probably do with Wal-Mart droping from the number 1 retailer, maybe from going against their customer base, when they gave into pressure from the liberal vocal minority and stopped selling firearms. After all those people shop at Banana Republic and Abecrombie an Fitch anyway. I thought it was a law that you had to own guns to shop at Wal-Mart

I just got off the phone with the store manager of my local Walmartr and he says he has heard of California walmarts might start selling guns but he says "its a ways away from happening" He also says "that ad is a typo not meant for California residents" Sucks because I am looking for a Henry h001
Old 09-30-2011, 11:25 AM

Dang it. I would have bought the Rossi and the Henry too.
Old 09-30-2011, 1:38 PM
Veteran Member

That's a shame. Wonder if they're still getting that TulAmmo .223/7.62x39 20 packs for $5
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 09-30-2011, 2:16 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr247 View Post
I just got off the phone with the store manager of my local Walmartr and he says he has heard of California walmarts might start selling guns but he says "its a ways away from happening" He also says "that ad is a typo not meant for California residents" Sucks because I am looking for a Henry h001
Since the ad was apparently sent out to x number of California residents, will Wal-Mart issue a statement regarding the mistake?

When hundreds of customers show up tomorrow looking for the the items advertised in the circular, what is the standard response going to be?

Maybe it is a ploy to gauge interest in firearms sales?

Senate Public Safety Chair Loni Hancock:
"Yeah, we do that quite a lot, actually..."

- Joint Legislative Informational Hearing on Firearms - Newsom Initiative #1756 - May 3rd 2016

Last edited by Dutch3; 09-30-2011 at 2:24 PM..
Old 09-30-2011, 6:34 PM

There was another thread about wal mart selling guns a few months ago. I asked around at my local wal marts when I would stop by. The person working in the sporting goods section told me they are expecting to have guns in their store by December. I am talking about the Manteca wal-mart. Maybe the associate had wrong information. Or maybe corporate changed their mind. I will ask again next time I go....
Old 09-30-2011, 7:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Since the ad was apparently sent out to x number of California residents, will Wal-Mart issue a statement regarding the mistake?
Free Henry level rifle for the trouble
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 09-30-2011, 7:57 PM

I think if 20000 calgunners start calling the walmart hq then they will get the message that there is a DEMAND for firearms.
Old 10-01-2011, 5:35 AM

I asked the lady working in the ammo/outdoor section in Elk Grove walmart and she said that walmart in CA will not sell guns. They are also trying to figure out why they put out the flyers.
Old 10-01-2011, 7:40 AM

This is as good a reason as the many others NOT to shop there.

Those who choose safety over freedom are neither safe or free!
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)
“It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.” —- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson
Old 10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member

They cannot even get uniform legal signage correct in their stores that sell ammo. That is a corporate problem not an minimum wage associates screw up. How would they ever be able to sell guns correctly in CA? They could not do it before. I wonder how they sell guns correctly in other states ?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

My nearest Wal-Mart in Am-Can just put up a little cardboard sign at the sporting goods counter advertising various shotguns and sale prices. IIRC they were mostly Remington.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannicus View Post
My nearest Wal-Mart in Am-Can just put up a little cardboard sign at the sporting goods counter advertising various shotguns and sale prices. IIRC they were mostly Remington.
was it printed in crayon??
Old 10-02-2011, 11:22 PM

Just did a little investigation myself, apparently the same "hunting season" ad show under Oakland California............and even Nevada and Arizona. It isn't a local ad.

Hate to spoil this thread, but Wal-Marts in California will not be selling firearms anytime soon based on what you saw.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Carson View Post
They cannot even get uniform legal signage correct in their stores that sell ammo. That is a corporate problem not an minimum wage associates screw up. How would they ever be able to sell guns correctly in CA? They could not do it before. I wonder how they sell guns correctly in other states ?
At my local WW there are 3 older guys that usually run the sporting goods section. They are all avid hunters and know their guns well. It is probably just a fluke as I have run into some real nut jobs at WW before. I haven't purchased a rifle yet, but have gotten plenty of ammo there and have seen people in the process of buying a rifle without any issues. Now granted, the gun buying process is completely different in AZ than it is in CA so there is less potential for something to go wrong. It would be nice to see rifles again in CA WWs. I'm only 30, but I remember the Rancho Cucamonga store selling rifles when it first opened!
Old 10-03-2011, 6:25 AM

***update on my previous post***
asked an assistant manager at my local wal-mart. She said they are getting guns to sell. She does not have a date as to when that is going to happen. They are expecting their gun racks soon. Again, an assistant store manager Told me this and we know that ALL management is squared away so....
Old 10-03-2011, 6:44 AM

The Winnemucca walmart has been selling long guns for about 2 months now. The prices are similar to what that ad shows.
Old 10-03-2011, 9:24 AM

Everyone know why they dont sell them right?Same as the reason they can't sell fishing licenses , they screwed up too many times and lost the ability to sell them. The manager I just spoke to said they are getting fishing licenses again soon, she didnt think any store in 100 miles stocks any of the firearms listed.

On a side note tho, that tulammo 223 shoots pretty good. But has gross powder the leaves green corrosion. Comes off easily tho.
Also Ive been on hold with 1800walmart for 12:48 , as she's trying to find a store anywhere in Cali that stocks ANY firearms, as of 17 minutes , she just came back and said the her manager couldn't find any store in ca the sells any of the firearms listed.
Giant waste of time and paper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Madone View Post
It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.

Last edited by SocomM4; 10-03-2011 at 9:42 AM..
Old 10-03-2011, 3:39 PM

I'm in 95687 and I got the same ad...I haven't been to Wal-mart in a few days....I may go check out the three in my area and see.