Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > J and R Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

J and R Sports Hosted by J&R Sports Supply

Old 12-29-2011, 9:54 AM

thanks Jim. it was a pleasure.
Old 01-10-2012, 5:37 PM
Calguns Addict

I had yet another great experience at J&R. Let me be honest, I'm not going to sugar coat anything. TRAP is closer to me and after a long time buying at J&R, I gave them a shot. I had a very bad experience with TRAP and had no problems telling the owner directly. The response I got sent me, my many friends, and the tens of thousands of dollars we spend a year on guns and such back to J&R.

Anyway, I had to meet up to do a PPT with a calgunner and was quickly helped by Ryan. It was a busy day, and he got to me as quickly as possible. He was quick, efficient and friendly. I asked if they carried Mega lowers, and he offered to see if he could order one. They could, and they did it at a very competitive price. He ordered it up no problems, so I spent another couple hundred bucks (I bought a pack of targets and a pistol sock and then left it after the PPT on the desk...I'm an idiot) that I didn't plan on, but felt happy to do it. I went to pick up on 1/8/12, and Ryan again had me in and out with no problems.

I couldn't be happier with your shop. You have employees who know a great deal, and when they don't know something they actually will admit to it and either find out the answer or listen to what you think is the answer. I send every new shooter who wants to buy to J&R. No BS, competitive prices, friendly staff...it is like you're a retail store that values customers. That is a revolutionary approach to the gun business.

You guys rock! You aren't the closest shop to me, but you're the best in the area.

Massive cleaning out the safes sale in Contra Costa, Rifles, Handguns, C&R, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWalkerM View Post
eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.
Old 02-18-2012, 9:51 PM

Randy was extremely patient and helpful with me as a first-time gun buyer. Put up with us doing plenty of window shopping and testing out of the various handguns. Finally when we were ready to buy, he made the process smooth and easy. Recently went back to get a rifle and Jim was courteous as usual. They didn't have the exact model I was interested in, but ordering was not a problem. I am happy to bring all my business to J & R.
Old 05-25-2011, 9:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default J&R Customer feedback

The wife and I stopped by J&R last night to get kitted up for our first-ever pistol class. Many thanks to Ashley (hope I got her name right) for recommending the BladeTech belts (and suggesting getting them sized at the cobbler's place next door) and to Scott for his recommendations on holsters and mag holders, and his patience in helping us try everything on.

Every trip to J&R is always a great experience! Thanks again!

NRA Life Member

Honorary Board Member, the Calguns Foundation
DONATE NOW to support the rights of California gun owners.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
Yes I'm an attorney. No, this post does not contain legal advice or opinion.
Read me@RNS
Old 03-01-2012, 8:56 AM

I know this is not Yelp, but when I think about moving to Livermore, J&R actually adds value to my potential moving experience. This is a no B.S., no shady, no made-up-nonsense gun store. Clean, professional, and no pressure. The best.
Old 03-01-2012, 1:22 PM

thanks for the kind words. i have consolidated our forum and moved all of the comments from other posts to this post.

thank you,

Ian
Old 03-18-2012, 8:09 AM

Great place and great customer service! And I just went in to buy pmag. But location is quite inconvenient. Other than that A+++ one of the best I've been to by far!

Last edited by 510thebay; 03-18-2012 at 8:13 AM..
Old 03-18-2012, 9:59 AM

Just to throw my $0.02 in here, I have 3 stores within 10 minutes yet I still will drive the 30 to go to J&R's. The employees are knowledgeable and more than willing to take the time to talk to you, even if you don't buy. Just a little J&R story for you. I went to the reloading class a while back. With a store full of paying customers, a lady walked in with her young son. She indicated she was not buying yet, but wanted her son to understand that guns were not scary in case she decided to. The staff took the time to help her just as if she was paying, even though she indicated she did not mind waiting while they handled paying customers. +1000 for excellent customer service and friendly attitude. Shop Local, Shop J&R's!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:22 PM

Just went in to take care of a dealer transfer. The owner is a great gentleman, with much patience. The store is very clean, and well organized. I will certainly go back. Thank you for a pleasant transaction.
Old 03-22-2012, 1:01 PM

I drive 45 minutes out of my way to shop at J&R. Its a great store.
Old 05-03-2012, 9:12 AM
Veteran Member

Well, I'm in Vacaville, yet I've done a number of purchases and PPT at J&R. It's worth the two hour round trip as I always find something I need (want) and learn something new.

Thank you,

Bull Elk/Larry
Old 06-01-2012, 8:46 AM

Did a PPT on Wednesday at J & R sports:

Two big thumbs up, this place has a great selection of guns and knowledgeable staff.

Couldn't have been more pleased with their process or attitude. This is the place to go!
Old 11-25-2013, 3:24 PM

I bought a firearm from J&R last month (and also hung out while a friend bought one). I'd never been to the shop before, but I'd read good things and they had the item that I wanted in stock, so I drove a little over an hour to get there. I'm really glad I did.

We got help from three different folks behind the counter, and they were all patient and informative without the all too common gun shop snobbery.

Randy offered to walk me through field stripping and cleaning on pickup. I took him up on it and he spent quite a bit of time answering my questions and discussing some issues.

This was the best gun shop experience that I've had in a years. I recommend them.
Old 12-29-2013, 5:21 PM

Had a great buying experience at J&R today. Worked with Ryan...very knowledgeable and helpful. Don't hesitate to check these guys out...you won't regret it.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-16-2014, 12:25 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfire17 View Post
I started a thread in the Ladies' section about female-friendly stores. I recommended J&R and several other posts have confirmed my opinion.

A lot of stores treat women like they're invisible or have no business being in the store, but J&R doesn't.

I've bought from them before and probably will again. When I picked up my DD4, Randy spent a good amount of time going over every bit of it. He didn't have to do that -- he'd already sold it to me.
I had a bad experience (documented in this forum) but my wife was treated really well when she did a purchase for me. So I will endorse the "female friendly" moniker and recommend them to other ladies.
Old 02-22-2014, 2:43 PM

I enjoy J&R's, last time I stopped by inventory seemed low but the staff is friendly and helpful. I was there last with a friend of mine and he talked the clerks ear off while she patiently listened so that is worth a lot in my opinion.

I think something that is valid to remember is that any shop (gun, car, hobby, etc) can be staffed with a larger number of employees with varying levels of experience, knowledge, opinions and personalities. Not everyone can mesh with everyone else and people can interpret situations differently.

Lastly I do think it's worth mentioning that J&R's has NEVER fumbled paperwork, mis-quoted timing/price or in any other way made a mistake during a transaction that cost me time or money. That is something I can't say about many shops. Multiple times I've had to revisit other shops due to their errors.
Old 03-05-2014, 1:10 AM

I've made several purchases there over the last couple of years since a coworker turned me onto the place. I've been very happy with the service and atmosphere every time. I always recommend them and will continue to do business with them going forward.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

Did a PPT first thing this past Friday. Person who helped us was VERY nice, fast and efficient. Seemed to have a good supply of arms and equipment.

Hell they were even niceand helpful to the two gang banging hoodlems that walked in looking for some info about a gun the popo had taken away from one of them. LOL

Anyway I would recommend them as a preferred CalGuns gunshop to give your business to based on my experience.

Other gunshops I would recommend you get more ladies to work your counters like J&R, didnt sense the good ol'boy attitude at all you get at many other gunshops in NoCal.
Old 04-22-2014, 5:53 PM

Default J and R, courteous, honest, and patient

Recently picked up a pistol that JR agreed to handle the transfer for from an out of state seller. Unfortunately, my DROS was held up by CA DOJ for 6 months because of a NICS record error! Still, Randy was patient and waited for the matter to clear w/ no hassle. Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2014, 7:10 PM

I actually just picked up my first "firearm" which was a stripped lower that I bought online. Ashley was very professional and friendly when going through the process with me. You guys will be my go to shop and I highly recommend others to do business with you.