Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 02-03-2007, 5:18 PM

Default New Wall Safe

I just installed my new V-Line Quick Vault (Model 41214-S) Wall Safe that I got online for $200.00 shipped. I like it so much that may get another one for another part of the house. Here are some pics:

Old 02-03-2007, 5:51 PM

I purchased one and have been debating where to install it. They are nice.
Old 02-03-2007, 5:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Just so you realized that's going to provide about 3 seconds or burglar resistance.

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 02-03-2007, 5:58 PM
Banned

I have something like that in my wall that protects my breaker box.

But it sure didn't cost no 200.00.

Was it hard to install ?
Old 02-03-2007, 6:09 PM

$200 is about the going rate I found for quality mechanical wall safes. Installation was easy as it fit perfectly between the studs.

As far as "3 seconds of burglary resistance" is concerned, it's 3/8" thick steel lock block is welded to cover guides and adds strength to the lock bolt and it bolts directly through the inner frame of the case to prevent prying. I also plan on hanging a picture over it for concealment.

Last edited by BossHog; 02-03-2007 at 6:11 PM..
Old 02-03-2007, 6:20 PM

More info. from their website:

Quick Vault

Model:
41214-S

Outer Dim:
14"x 12"x 3½"

Inner Dim:
13"x 11¼ x 2¼"

Ship Wt.
23 lbs.

This is a California-approved firearms safety device that meets the requirements of California Penal Code Section 12088 and the regulations issued thereunder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V-Line’s Quick Vault is the perfect “Hiding Place” to secure small valuables and firearms without compromising quick and easy access, or interfering with room décor.

The Quick Vault is designed to install in between the wall studs, the Case mounts flush with the wall’s surface; hang a picture over the Quick Vault for complete concealment. The attached bezel or frame gives a clean finished look hiding the drywall cuts.

The door of the Quick Vault is inset for both flush installation as well as maximum security. An inner steel frame gives added protection to the door guarding against prying attacks.

The push button lock is mechanical offering quick and easy access with no batteries to fail or keys that can fall into the wrong hands. The combination is easy to set and change, with 1081 possible codes.

Felt lining on the walls and back cushion contents. An adjustable felt lined shelf provides additional storage space. The Quick Vault is large enough to comfortably hold wallet, jewelry, and small valuables.

Standard Features

One adjustable felt lined shelf included. Additional shelves available.
Five button mechanical lock for quick access with 1081 possible combinations.
3/8" thick steel lock block welded to cover guides and adds strength to the lock bolt.
Prepunched holes for easy installation.
Lock bolts directly through the inner frame of case to prevent prying.
Felt lining in back, bottom and sides protects contents.
Sturdy fabricated steel construction with pry resistant clamshell design.
Available in textured semi-gloss ivory powder coated finish.
Continuous hinge is welded on one end to prevent pin removal.
Accented with gold tone pinstripe and logo design.
Old 02-03-2007, 7:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog
3/8" thick steel lock block is welded to cover guides and adds strength to the lock bolt and it bolts directly through the inner frame of the case to prevent prying.
That basically means nothing. Sorry, anything that weighs <23 pounds is not going to stop anyone, even a kid, from getting inside, with nothing more than a screw driver. And the first place anyone would look is behind the picture frame... I'm not try to knock you, I just hope you dont get a false sense of security from that thing.

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 02-03-2007, 9:55 PM

The truth is that if they want in bad enough, a pro or even a determined amature can get into anything. Putting a picture over it is a good start, then don't tell anyone it's there. IF they don't know to look for it, the average crook won't be looking behind pictures for a safe they don't know is there. It's a great idea for a place to store a sidearm when you're home. Personally I'd rather have them in a larger safe or on me when I'm not home. It definitely beats the nightstand drawer!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater OPS
That basically means nothing. Sorry, anything that weighs <23 pounds is not going to stop anyone, even a kid, from getting inside, with nothing more than a screw driver. And the first place anyone would look is behind the picture frame... I'm not try to knock you, I just hope you dont get a false sense of security from that thing.
I agree that it's not going to stop anyone with the right amount of determination, however, I'm positive it's going to take more than a screwdriver to get into this. You'll have to tear down the drywall and cut out the studs; That's the only way this thing's coming out.

No offense taken on the security issue. I welcome the comments.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Calguner Extraordinaire
CGN Contributor

I agree on: cover it up, and don't tell anyone about it.