Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2011, 9:33 AM
AeroEngi's Avatar
AeroEngi AeroEngi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,882
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default Holster for Beretta M9A1

Hey guys, me and a friend are planning on taking a handgun course in December and he just bought an M9A1. He's in the process of looking for a holster but can't really find anything within his budget ($25-$50). He also prefers a synthetic/carbon fiber holster rather than a leather one. What do you guys recommend? I've read the M9A1 will fit into the Blackhawk CQC (standard, not SERPA) holsters for a Glock 21. Is this true?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-22-2011, 9:38 AM
fennecfrank's Avatar
fennecfrank fennecfrank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,759
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

for holsters, I've always recommended Raven Concealment Systems:

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.c...oducts_id=1563

however, due to the volume of orders they get, the minimum wait time is 4 months..... see if you can find one for sale in the forum or on ebay
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-22-2011, 10:08 AM
AeroEngi's Avatar
AeroEngi AeroEngi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,882
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fennecfrank View Post
for holsters, I've always recommended Raven Concealment Systems:

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.c...oducts_id=1563

however, due to the volume of orders they get, the minimum wait time is 4 months..... see if you can find one for sale in the forum or on ebay
Cool thanks. Hopefully it won't take 4 months to get one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-22-2011, 12:06 PM
HighLander51 HighLander51 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,144
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEngi View Post
Hey guys, me and a friend are planning on taking a handgun course in December and he just bought an M9A1. He's in the process of looking for a holster but can't really find anything within his budget ($25-$50). He also prefers a synthetic/carbon fiber holster rather than a leather one. What do you guys recommend? I've read the M9A1 will fit into the Blackhawk CQC (standard, not SERPA) holsters for a Glock 21. Is this true?

Thanks.

You will probably need to spend a little more than $50 for a good holster, the $25 range is either nylon junk, or for 1911's/Glocks because there are millions of them.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Belt-Holst...OK-pr-910.html

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=66
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Dhena81's Avatar
Dhena81 Dhena81 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,506
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEngi View Post
Cool thanks. Hopefully it won't take 4 months to get one.
Don't get your hopes up it will take 4 months but just order it now
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Original Phantom Original Phantom is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 183
iTrader: 10 / 92%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLander51 View Post
You will probably need to spend a little more than $50 for a good holster...
Yeah, your friend may initially regret spending $10-$20 dollars more on a better quality holster but not anymore then he will regret buying a cheap POS and having to pick up another holster down the line. Blade-tech is not too much outside the budget and wait time are not excessive.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-22-2011, 1:14 PM
AeroEngi's Avatar
AeroEngi AeroEngi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,882
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Cool, thanks for are all the info and links.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-22-2011, 1:15 PM
zfields's Avatar
zfields zfields is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 13,164
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Check out atomicdog, or any of the 20+ kydex makers out there that make similiar styles as raven does.


I still dont understand why raven charges so much, besides the fact that they can, with so many other good makers out there.
__________________
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-22-2011, 1:19 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 8,139
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfields View Post
Check out atomicdog, or any of the 20+ kydex makers out there that make similiar styles as raven does.


I still dont understand why raven charges so much, besides the fact that they can, with so many other good makers out there.
cause raven got featured in magpul videos. so it makes their exposure bigger.

now if we can get a list of all the holster makers out there, it would probably help others search for better/similar alternatives that are cheaper and with less wait time cause i know i'm in a search for holsters too and it is hard to find a style/fit i like when i don't know all the makers out there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want no matter the topic at hand!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-22-2011, 1:24 PM
zfields's Avatar
zfields zfields is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 13,164
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
cause raven got featured in magpul videos. so it makes their exposure bigger.
Forgot about that. Makes sense now.

I could make a list at some point, I know Ive checked out at least 15, but seen quite a few more.
__________________
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-22-2011, 1:39 PM
AeroEngi's Avatar
AeroEngi AeroEngi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,882
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
cause raven got featured in magpul videos. so it makes their exposure bigger.

now if we can get a list of all the holster makers out there, it would probably help others search for better/similar alternatives that are cheaper and with less wait time cause i know i'm in a search for holsters too and it is hard to find a style/fit i like when i don't know all the makers out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfields View Post
Forgot about that. Makes sense now.

I could make a list at some point, I know Ive checked out at least 15, but seen quite a few more.
Agreed! It would be nice to have a complete list of all the manufacturers and hopefully sticky it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-22-2011, 8:17 PM
UserM4's Avatar
UserM4 UserM4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,687
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

I bought a Raven holster a year and a half before Magpul used them in their video. It still took almost 3 months to receive. Great stuff but the kydex clips break. I'd order extras or replace them with metal ones.
__________________
While we're here arguing about the latest high tech running shoes, there's some Kenyan out there running barefoot. Guess who's gonna win the marathon?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:08 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.