Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 09-14-2011, 5:16 PM

Default chiappa citadel .22 m1

So apparently this italian company, chiappa is making a .22 m1 and is being assembled and distributed by citadel in Ohio.
here is a link to the rifle first off
http://www.legacysports.com/products/cit_m1.html
I was thinking about buying this and was wondering if anybody already has one with anything to say or any insightful information about the gun and its manufacturer. It only hit the market just last month so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I have heard (only from a local gun store, and citadel themselves) that this .22 will fit as a pretty much perfect drop in to old .30 m1 GI stocks. Can anyone disprove this? Imo I think that citadel is just trying to make a sale on that one. Basically, how does this guy perform? reliability? I have heard some pretty standoffish things about chiappa and also how their 1911-22 was junk and how poor their costumer service is which is really putting me off, but I really like this rifle. A little red flag though is that they do not have a phone number, only an email, and companies can easily choose whether or not to respond to an email....
So, any thoughts, opinions, preconceived notions about this gun?
thanks
Old 09-14-2011, 5:24 PM

I own a Chiappa .22 M4 upper. I wouldn't buy another Chiappa product as a result of that purchase.
Old 09-14-2011, 5:28 PM
Veteran Member

I would rather buy a M1carbine conversion kit for the 10/22
Old 09-14-2011, 5:59 PM

gah. see the problem I have with the 10/22 is $200 for the gun, $100 for the stock, $70 for sights, there is not hole in the stock for an oiler, and I would still have to do some sort of makeshift magazine conversion and it still doesnt really look like an m1, it looks like a fat 10/22, a cheap immitation of the m1. Or I can spend $300 and get the actual m1 in a 22
Old 09-15-2011, 1:18 PM

so im unsure, who is the manufacturer here, chiappa or citadel? its called the citadel m1 but apparently made by chiappa, I am so confused. i just got confirmation from chiappa that all of the m1-22 parts are milspec and interchangeable will original .30 parts.....
seems odd since they are different calibers
Old 09-15-2011, 1:43 PM
Calguns Addict

I'd like to see it, but I really doubt I'll end up owning one.
Old 09-15-2011, 3:13 PM

if made well it looks like a wicked fun little toy. i haven't used any chiappa products though so i'll be waiting to see what the verdict is via online reviews.

of course if i buy ANOTHER gun my wife just might use it to shoot me
Old 09-15-2011, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagefan View Post
So apparently this italian company, chiappa is making a .22 m1 and is being assembled and distributed by citadel in Ohio.
here is a link to the rifle first off
http://www.legacysports.com/products/cit_m1.html
I was thinking about buying this and was wondering if anybody already has one with anything to say or any insightful information about the gun and its manufacturer. It only hit the market just last month so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I have heard (only from a local gun store, and citadel themselves) that this .22 will fit as a pretty much perfect drop in to old .30 m1 GI stocks. Can anyone disprove this? Imo I think that citadel is just trying to make a sale on that one. Basically, how does this guy perform? reliability? I have heard some pretty standoffish things about chiappa and also how their 1911-22 was junk and how poor their costumer service is which is really putting me off, but I really like this rifle. A little red flag though is that they do not have a phone number, only an email, and companies can easily choose whether or not to respond to an email....
So, any thoughts, opinions, preconceived notions about this gun?
thanks

DO NOT BUY IT!!! I have a Chiappa m4-22 upper, i actually really love the upper, but I have had problems with the bolt carrier, and THEIR SERVICE IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!! it took over 2 months to get the right replacement parts from them to get my m4 working again, I have called them in excess of 30 times, and probably only gotten a hold of someone twice. I would never own another chiappa product in my life solely based on their horrid customer service....but its your choice.
Old 09-15-2011, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warguy View Post
DO NOT BUY IT!!! I have a Chiappa m4-22 upper, i actually really love the upper, but I have had problems with the bolt carrier, and THEIR SERVICE IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!! it took over 2 months to get the right replacement parts from them to get my m4 working again, I have called them in excess of 30 times, and probably only gotten a hold of someone twice. I would never own another chiappa product in my life solely based on their horrid customer service....but its your choice.
yeah I read those threads you posted about chiappa
Old 09-15-2011, 7:38 PM

Quote:
so im unsure, who is the manufacturer here, chiappa or citadel? its called the citadel m1 but apparently made by chiappa, I am so confused. i just got confirmation from chiappa that all of the m1-22 parts are milspec and interchangeable will original .30 parts.....
seems odd since they are different calibers
I'd think I'd have to call BS on the interchangability of 22 and a 30 caliber rife parts
also it looks lile they did a very good job of making it look like a m-1, but then they went and put a synthetic stock on it, what?...no wood in Italy?
Old 09-15-2011, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop View Post
I'd think I'd have to call BS on the interchangability of 22 and a 30 caliber rife parts
also it looks lile they did a very good job of making it look like a m-1, but then they went and put a synthetic stock on it, what?...no wood in Italy?
Yeah i was kind of confused on how .30 and .22 parts could be interchangeable, but that's not only what they said but also my local gun store....
well you can get it with a black synthetic or a real wood for $80 more.
Old 09-15-2011, 8:35 PM

maybe since no one has too much info on it, I'll get it and do a thorough review on it....
Old 09-16-2011, 4:53 PM

Quote:
maybe since no one has too much info on it, I'll get it and do a thorough review on it....
Yes, I think that is a very good idea
Old 09-16-2011, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop View Post
Yes, I think that is a very good idea
haha I'm sure you do. I just don't want to be out of $300. I have a very good idea too, in order to get this gun and do a review, I think some calguns members ought to start a pool of money
Old 09-17-2011, 3:13 PM

Goodluck, hopefully u will have more luck with them I have
Old 09-17-2011, 7:42 PM

I'm waiting for the Sarco m1 carbine stock for my 10/22. It's supposed to be more accurate than the others (I'll see!) and comes with sling and oiler for $99. I probably would have bought this chiappa instead if I had seen it for a good price, but either way I'd rather shoot .22lr through an m1 carbine replica than buy an m1 carbine and deal with the .30 carbine ammo.
The cure: Buy a Mosin M44 and shoot 100 rounds as fast as you can. When you can handle that, you are good to go.
7.62X54R Скалы
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic59320_9.gif
Old 09-17-2011, 8:04 PM

yeah the price of .30 was the deal breaker for me on an actual m1

Last edited by savagefan; 09-17-2011 at 11:11 PM..
Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 PM

The picture on the site you linked to has a caption that says "Semiautomatic, Bolt Locking Blowback System". I thought blowback meant that it WASN'T a locking system?
Need 22 ammo for your kids to shoot?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:47 AM

I'm resurrecting this thread since I saw that Turner's has this rifle on sale in their annual holiday flyer. Has anyone bought one of these yet and what is your opinion? With the wood stock it looks interesting, but not that much if it's problematic in its function.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:59 AM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Nice looking but needs a wood stock and if it came in 22WMR, out comes the check book. Think I'll wait for others to review it. Might be a silk purse but could be a $400 sow's ear.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM

According to the Turner's flyer it's wood stocked with (2) ten rnd mags.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:45 AM

This gun seems nice but I have only heard horror stories of chiappa's other products so I decided not to buy it. And shortly after that decision a buddy of mine broke the stock on my sig 5-22, so that's where my money is currently going.
Old 11-18-2011, 5:16 PM

Having received and put into place the Sarco m1 carbine replica stock for the 10/22, and then bought the techsights, I am really happy with my m1 replica. It isn't cheesy at all. The sarco stock is great quality for a better price than others. I spent overall more than this replica but I have the reliability of a 10/22. And with 10/22's on sale at Buds Gun SHop online for $200 shipped, it's not that much of a stretch to go that route.

I'm glad I did. Chiappa's rep is sketchy as I read different reviews.
The cure: Buy a Mosin M44 and shoot 100 rounds as fast as you can. When you can handle that, you are good to go.
7.62X54R Скалы
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic59320_9.gif