Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09-30-2011, 1:09 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

i respect everyone's suggestions. i would love to sit here and talk about jobs, i'm joining reserves so that cuts my options by half. i'll post my options after i take the ASVAB and take my physical. (:
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-02-2011, 4:42 AM
Comcam Comcam is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 158
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

just don't go SF =)
__________________


NRA: Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-04-2011, 8:43 PM
jermzzzzzzz's Avatar
jermzzzzzzz jermzzzzzzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 821
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

SF ain't that bad, sure there are some *****ty parts, you just got to make your choices carefully, you can go straight to the 820th or one of the other CRG's right after tech school and skip all the home base duties and deploy dowrange. Or you could get lucky like me and get attached to the army during a deployment. Its what you make of it. Surely you don't want to be a FOBBIT or a REMF.
__________________
United States Air Force Security Forces
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-04-2011, 9:47 PM
skanless's Avatar
skanless skanless is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: O.C.
Posts: 4,344
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

When you going to MEPS?
__________________
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0830/nhl_kings_logo_576.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloRobotico View Post
heheh, I'm getting double teamed by Harmoniums and Richie

/airtight!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-06-2011, 4:50 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanless View Post
When you going to MEPS?
after this new recruiter finds all and fixes all of the previous recruiter's **** ups. we found more so he is going through everything with a comb. plus the other 10-15 people that ran into the same problem as i did with the previous recruiter. i saw a stack of profiles that he had to go through and clear up.
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-06-2011, 4:50 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermzzzzzzz View Post
SF ain't that bad, sure there are some *****ty parts, you just got to make your choices carefully, you can go straight to the 820th or one of the other CRG's right after tech school and skip all the home base duties and deploy dowrange. Or you could get lucky like me and get attached to the army during a deployment. Its what you make of it. Surely you don't want to be a FOBBIT or a REMF.
what's a fobbit or remf?
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-06-2011, 4:54 PM
shooterfpga's Avatar
shooterfpga shooterfpga is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lakeside, CA / Crosby, Tx
Posts: 2,741
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.asian.man View Post
what's a fobbit or remf?
pejorative for someone in the rear.
__________________
U.S. Army Combat Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
I have Paramilitary training
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-06-2011, 7:42 PM
Tom Slick's Avatar
Tom Slick Tom Slick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paso Robles, CA
Posts: 733
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

If I was to do it over again I'd be some type of enlisted flight crew, probably a loadmaster. I think throwing stuff out the back while on oxygen would be cool.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-07-2011, 7:37 AM
SoCal_Sapper SoCal_Sapper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 475
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.asian.man View Post
what's a fobbit or remf?
Forward Operation Base Hobbit & Rear Echelon Mother ****er
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-07-2011, 9:09 AM
jermzzzzzzz's Avatar
jermzzzzzzz jermzzzzzzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 821
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Also known as armchair commando's.
__________________
United States Air Force Security Forces
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-10-2011, 5:15 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

FCUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope i'm not going through another bad recruiter...

i was told i would get an update on my status on monday (10-03-2011) and if not, at the latest wednesday (10-05-2011). since wednesday i've been calling the recruiter's office phone, and work cell phone with no answer, i left several voice messages, i left emails, i am going to start calling his MSgt if i don't hear anything by Wednesday. i don't want to join the Army, i dont want to be in the Marines, and i cannot be in the Navy.
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-10-2011, 5:29 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

someone at March AFB PLEASE HELP!

please tap this guy on the shoulder and remind him about me, that i've been waiting a full week with no word or update on my status. my last name is YEE

his work info is :
TSgt Charles G. Wandzilak II
1261 Graeber St.
March ARB, CA 92518

DSN: 447-6969
Com: 951-655-6969
Fax: 951-655-3533

thanks anyone!
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-10-2011, 7:26 PM
11b_vet 11b_vet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 211
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I'd wait a few more days. you said he had a lot of profiles to go with.

btw, can you get me into your office?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-10-2011, 7:36 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11b_vet View Post
I'd wait a few more days. you said he had a lot of profiles to go with.

btw, can you get me into your office?
what county do you live in? i'll leave your information with him the next time i speak with him. this recruiter only takes care of San Bernardino County though. he is making an exception for me and those others because the first recruiter fcuked up bad. if you are in Los Angeles County you can just say that you couldn't get a hold of Barrar and he might take you in.
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
11b_vet 11b_vet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 211
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

i meant for your government job. I'm too broken to go back into the military.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-11-2011, 4:37 AM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11b_vet View Post
i meant for your government job. I'm too broken to go back into the military.
oh! ahaha. well i only have 3-1/2 years there. i don't think i have much pull yet. there are only 4 positions open in my city, 2 of which are volunteer work. here is the link. http://ci.monterey-park.ca.us/index.aspx?page=13
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-11-2011, 4:31 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

okay so i called again today. his work phone number doesn't go to voice mail anymore, it rings about 8 times and then automatically hangs up. his work cell phone's voice mail box is full and cannot accept anymore messages.

wtf do i do?!?!?!?
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-11-2011, 4:36 PM
11b_vet 11b_vet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 211
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

i'd wait it out. just give him some time.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-11-2011, 5:17 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

how long do i wait until i take another step? how long until he thinks that i just gave up?
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-11-2011, 6:53 PM
shooterfpga's Avatar
shooterfpga shooterfpga is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lakeside, CA / Crosby, Tx
Posts: 2,741
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.asian.man View Post
how long do i wait until i take another step? how long until he thinks that i just gave up?
keep bothering him. but you said hes got a ton of other dudes now soooo...
__________________
U.S. Army Combat Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
I have Paramilitary training
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
jermzzzzzzz's Avatar
jermzzzzzzz jermzzzzzzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 821
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Might have to go to his office in person and be like yo WTF?!
__________________
United States Air Force Security Forces
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-12-2011, 12:29 PM
POLICESTATE's Avatar
POLICESTATE POLICESTATE is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sunnyvale, PRK
Posts: 17,835
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comcam View Post
March ARB in Moreno Valley has both Air Guard and Reserve recruiters on the base. Its a flying base we have C-17's and KC-135's.
I remember when they flew B-52's out of there back in the day. Used to love watching them take off. Moreno Valley was nothing back then too. Nothing. There was a different town though, next to it, it's still there. Can't remember what it was though, right next to the base. It was podunk too. LOL
Sunnymead! Now I remember.

How times change.
__________________
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.


Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-12-2011, 4:17 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermzzzzzzz View Post
Might have to go to his office in person and be like yo WTF?!
yeah, i think you're right! 45-60 min drive though. ):
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:23 PM
LooseCannon LooseCannon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 103
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

All of the March ARB phone system sucks I have been there three years now and have seen the phones stop working for weeks at a time... Maybe you should join comms, they need the help, LOL.

But seriously, email him and if you still have no response then go in person and get a card from the guys who set next to him in the office. Next time this happens call those phone numbers too so they can tell your recruiter to call you back.

Or just stop waiting and call the Guard who is right across the street and will get you in faster and may offer a bonus too.

LC
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-26-2012, 1:09 PM
AFReserve AFReserve is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Hey, did I see that you said he disqualified you? What for? I know that if you have theft charges, or anything else the recruiters would be doing you a favor to work with you. The way you're putting their buisiness out there like that, I'm not suprised they'd not want to work with you. If anyone of them were to read this, good luck trying to get any help ever again.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-26-2012, 4:20 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFReserve View Post
Hey, did I see that you said he disqualified you? What for? I know that if you have theft charges, or anything else the recruiters would be doing you a favor to work with you. The way you're putting their buisiness out there like that, I'm not suprised they'd not want to work with you. If anyone of them were to read this, good luck trying to get any help ever again.
the charges were as a minor and were sealed. i even have the documents they required me to get from a court signed and stamped.
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-26-2012, 4:21 PM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

this is a private PM from AFReserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFReserve
You might be careful putting peoples names out there like that. You never know who may read it.

Good luck getting anyone to do you a favor by running a waiver on you again...Way to have some appreciation.
i know it was a possibility that he could have read it. he really did mess up on my application and gave the rest of his pile to the new guy. i was appreciative until i found out after the fact. i found out from the new guy i was D/Q'ed by the first recruiter because the name and the ssn didn't match along with the address because he spelled things wrong and mixed up a few numbers in my ssn. i was never notified that i was D/Q and waiting for nothing. its been about half a year now and i think the new recruiter lead me on because he changed offices and phone numbers without letting me know. i had to get his new number from a marine recruiter. i was very appreciative, i took days off work to visit them at their convenience, i filled out the same paper work 3 times with a smile, and i did everything they asked. i was simply warning others in barrar's territory to watch out for this if they were thinking of joining. and at the same time asking for help to locate the new recruiter.

i have nothing to hide.
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-26-2012, 4:36 PM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,236
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

OP, your story sounds like just another day in the Army!
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFReserve View Post
Hey, did I see that you said he disqualified you? What for? I know that if you have theft charges, or anything else the recruiters would be doing you a favor to work with you. The way you're putting their buisiness out there like that, I'm not suprised they'd not want to work with you. If anyone of them were to read this, good luck trying to get any help ever again.
Sorry you make it dam near impossible for someone with a blemish on their records to join.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,236
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

No one cares if you were a minor and the records were sealed. They want to know EVERYTHING and the only thing worse than whatever you could have possible done would be lying about it or refusing to discuss it whatsoever. You can play the "records are sealed" line with civilian employers but when you involve .gov or .mil you can bet that all flowery niceties are off the table. If they are going to be giving you a security clearance they have the need and right to know everything. YOU may be 100% sure that your past is in the past, but THEY need to be as sure as you are. Any attitude or rebuttals and they will think you are hiding something, deem you untrustworthy, and send you out the way that you came in.

Also the military moves way more slowly than you seem to understand. Some of you gripes here are only a few minutes apart. Allow 24 hours for ANY kind of message movement. Don't poke the bear. They're bigger.

Recently a buddy tried to join up but had a drug incident way back when as a minor. But the forces have so many applicants that they did not take him or even see if they can get him a waiver to join. They just said thanks but no thanks. In a better economy the forces may be hurting for people and grant waivers, but right now they can afford to be picky.

I do hope it works out best for you, seriously.
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
No one cares if you were a minor and the records were sealed. They want to know EVERYTHING and the only thing worse than whatever you could have possible done would be lying about it or refusing to discuss it whatsoever. You can play the "records are sealed" line with civilian employers but when you involve .gov or .mil you can bet that all flowery niceties are off the table. If they are going to be giving you a security clearance they have the need and right to know everything. YOU may be 100% sure that your past is in the past, but THEY need to be as sure as you are. Any attitude or rebuttals and they will think you are hiding something, deem you untrustworthy, and send you out the way that you came in.

Also the military moves way more slowly than you seem to understand. Some of you gripes here are only a few minutes apart. Allow 24 hours for ANY kind of message movement. Don't poke the bear. They're bigger.

Recently a buddy tried to join up but had a drug incident way back when as a minor. But the forces have so many applicants that they did not take him or even see if they can get him a waiver to join. They just said thanks but no thanks. In a better economy the forces may be hurting for people and grant waivers, but right now they can afford to be picky.

I do hope it works out best for you, seriously.
The only issue I have with the recruitment process, is that they do not respect U.S. constitutional law. Since the military has its version of law UCMJ and enlistment regulations, they think their entitled to information with a sealed criminal record. When a judge reviews the case and seals it, it's done for a reason. They are no longer a active threat to society. You cannot have rehabilitation if you constantly bring up matters from when someone was 14 years old!!

Just because someone made mistakes shouldn't mean they'll be stigmatized the rest of their life. I think one would have some motivation to do good if given the chance to join the military, at least I would appreciate that opportunity.

And the part about security clearances its a coin toss it's 50/50, infact it's just more of a liability situation for the investigator giving out the clearance. He's just 'CYA' himself, "that said person in my opinion met the criteria for handling this information". For example Aldrich Ames(CIA agent) who leaked out one of the biggest intelligence leaks of all times, had a ' clean record'. Nobody would think of stigmatizing him, yet the most unsuspecting persons are the ones capable of the most damage. He was hardly a airmen, or a soldier. He was all the way at the top.

Last edited by Cactuscooler; 03-27-2012 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-27-2012, 2:30 PM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,236
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
The only issue I have with the recruitment process, is that they do not respect U.S. constitutional law. Since the military has its version of law UCMJ and enlistment regulations, they think their entitled to information with a sealed criminal record. When a judge reviews the case and seals it, it's done for a reason. They are no longer a active threat to society. You cannot have rehabilitation if you constantly bring up matters from when someone was 14 years old!!
True, they do not respect Constitutional law. When you are in the Navy at sea you do not have the right to not incriminate yourself (5th amendment). When you are in uniform you do not have the right to free speech. When you live on base you do not have the right to own a firearm without your commander's approval. Heck you can't even get MARRIED without the commander's okay. And if you do you may have issues. And then there is Article 134, the catch all. I knew folks who smoked grass and got busted under it. Not pot, but grass, as in lawn. They thought they were doing pot though. Busted. It is indeed a whole different world. And know what? I said YES to some of the HAVE YOU EVER questions when enlisting. They ask me about it every five years when I renew my clearance. They want info and I give it to them, I have no issues stating what I did when I was young. I did it and there is no avoiding it. If I decide to shut up and not say a word I may be blackmailed by the enemy with the information. They need to know everything about you, because you are theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
Just because someone made mistakes shouldn't mean they'll be stigmatized the rest of their life. I think one would have some motivation to do good if given the chance to join the military, at least I would appreciate that opportunity.
Agreed. At one time you could join the Army if you have less than two felonies and never spent more than a year in jail at a stretch. But now they have more applicants and can get choosy. They have that right. They don't hire the disabled or overweight either. Try that in the civilian sector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
And the part about security clearances its a coin toss it's 50/50, infact it's just more of a liability situation for the investigator giving out the clearance. He's just 'CYA' himself, "that said person in my opinion met the criteria for handling this information". For example Aldrich Ames(CIA agent) who leaked out one of the biggest intelligence leaks of all times, had a ' clean record'. Nobody would think of stigmatizing him, yet the most unsuspecting persons are the ones capable of the most damage. He was hardly a airmen, or a soldier. He was all the way at the top.
The investigator does not say yes or no, they simply collect the information. The adjudicator looks at it all and decides. If they decide against you, then you can appeal and argue your case. Click here for some examples: http://www.securityclearances.org/in...-clearance.php
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-27-2012, 4:06 PM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
True, they do not respect Constitutional law. When you are in the Navy at sea you do not have the right to not incriminate yourself (5th amendment). When you are in uniform you do not have the right to free speech. When you live on base you do not have the right to own a firearm without your commander's approval. Heck you can't even get MARRIED without the commander's okay. And if you do you may have issues. And then there is Article 134, the catch all. I knew folks who smoked grass and got busted under it. Not pot, but grass, as in lawn. They thought they were doing pot though. Busted. It is indeed a whole different world. And know what? I said YES to some of the HAVE YOU EVER questions when enlisting. They ask me about it every five years when I renew my clearance. They want info and I give it to them, I have no issues stating what I did when I was young. I did it and there is no avoiding it. If I decide to shut up and not say a word I may be blackmailed by the enemy with the information. They need to know everything about you, because you are theirs.



Agreed. At one time you could join the Army if you have less than two felonies and never spent more than a year in jail at a stretch. But now they have more applicants and can get choosy. They have that right. They don't hire the disabled or overweight either. Try that in the civilian sector.



The investigator does not say yes or no, they simply collect the information. The adjudicator looks at it all and decides. If they decide against you, then you can appeal and argue your case. Click here for some examples: http://www.securityclearances.org/in...-clearance.php
Well I'm glad we see eye two eye on some issues. I find it disturbing that our Soldiers,Airmen,Sailors and Marines make the sacrifice to join and serve. Yet somehow they not afforded the same rights as civilian's or criminals. I understand that the sense of serving in a patriotic duty, may make that fact irrelevant to some. But as oath keepers I think our military members should be entitled to the same rights, after all.... you raise your hand to the U.S. Constitution.

Last edited by Cactuscooler; 03-27-2012 at 6:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-27-2012, 4:24 PM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,236
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
Well I'm glad we see eye on some issues. I find it disturbing that our Soldiers,Airmen,Sailors and Marines make the sacrifice to join and serve. Yet somehow they not afforded the same rights as civilian's or criminals. I understand that the sense of serving in a patriotic duty, may make that fact irrelevant to some. But as oath keepers I think our military members should be entitled to the same rights, after all.... you raise your hand to the U.S. Constitution.
As a soldier I can tell you that I never think of myself when out on a mission. My first thought is the mission. When that is done I think of my team and those who are new to the unit or lowest in rank. When they are happy I report to the higher ups for what I can do. I don't get overtime. I don't get holiday pay. I don't get to wear my own clothes to work. I don't clock out at 5pm and go to the mall. Here is a bit of a difference between military and civilian life that I compiled four years ago during deployment:

When you drive, you hope gas prices don't go up today.
When I drive, I hope my vehicle armor is thick enough.

When you pay taxes, you wonder if the money is wasted.
When I pick up a firearm, I thank you for arming me with the best weapon available.

When you get vacation time off, you wonder how far away you can get.
When I get vacation time off, I wonder how close to home I can get.

You feel in a rut when you have to go home to the same old life.
Sometimes I feel hollow because I will never have the same old life.

You see dirty children and worry they may be tomorrow's welfare recipients.
I see dirty children and wonder if they may be tomorrow's killers, or victims.

A stranger asks you for $5 and you flip him the bird and tell him to get a job.
A stranger asks me for $5 and his eyes say he will not live through the night.

You feel that receiving $50,000 can calm all the concerns in your life.
I'll give you $50,000 cash right now if you can calm just one of mine.

You look at all blank spots in your passport and wonder if you will ever travel.
I look at the full pages in my passport and wonder if my traveling will ever stop.

You worry about your auto insurance coverage and don't give a second thought to life insurance.
I worry about my life insurance coverage and don't give a second thought to auto insurance.

You wake up and say "Oh God no not another day."
I wake up and say, "Thank God I have lived to see another day."

You get upset at all the junk mail you receive.
I see junk mail as one more link to home, and read it all.

You define convenience as fast food, Tivo, central heating, and a comfy chair.
I define convenience as a Choice MRE, a complete rifle cleaning kit, finding an extra postage stamp, and a foxhole someone already dug.

You carry an iPod to hear the tunes.
I carry an E&E radio to hear the alerts.

You know old people who die.
I know people who die who never got to be old people.
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-27-2012, 4:35 PM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
As a soldier I can tell you that I never think of myself when out on a mission. My first thought is the mission. When that is done I think of my team and those who are new to the unit or lowest in rank. When they are happy I report to the higher ups for what I can do. I don't get overtime. I don't get holiday pay. I don't get to wear my own clothes to work. I don't clock out at 5pm and go to the mall. Here is a bit of a difference between military and civilian life that I compiled four years ago during deployment:

When you drive, you hope gas prices don't go up today.
When I drive, I hope my vehicle armor is thick enough.

When you pay taxes, you wonder if the money is wasted.
When I pick up a firearm, I thank you for arming me with the best weapon available.

When you get vacation time off, you wonder how far away you can get.
When I get vacation time off, I wonder how close to home I can get.

You feel in a rut when you have to go home to the same old life.
Sometimes I feel hollow because I will never have the same old life.

You see dirty children and worry they may be tomorrow's welfare recipients.
I see dirty children and wonder if they may be tomorrow's killers, or victims.

A stranger asks you for $5 and you flip him the bird and tell him to get a job.
A stranger asks me for $5 and his eyes say he will not live through the night.

You feel that receiving $50,000 can calm all the concerns in your life.
I'll give you $50,000 cash right now if you can calm just one of mine.

You look at all blank spots in your passport and wonder if you will ever travel.
I look at the full pages in my passport and wonder if my traveling will ever stop.

You worry about your auto insurance coverage and don't give a second thought to life insurance.
I worry about my life insurance coverage and don't give a second thought to auto insurance.

You wake up and say "Oh God no not another day."
I wake up and say, "Thank God I have lived to see another day."

You get upset at all the junk mail you receive.
I see junk mail as one more link to home, and read it all.

You define convenience as fast food, Tivo, central heating, and a comfy chair.
I define convenience as a Choice MRE, a complete rifle cleaning kit, finding an extra postage stamp, and a foxhole someone already dug.

You carry an iPod to hear the tunes.
I carry an E&E radio to hear the alerts.

You know old people who die.
I know people who die who never got to be old people.
I'm not doubting the validity of what you go through, or what your experiences are. Believe me I know several people who are in the Army, one of them lives with us when hes on leave from Bragg. We take care of him, and help him out after he came back from Iraq. I support you guys 100%. I was simply airing my opinion about the legalistic side of the military, maybe as a civilian (right now) I don't understand its purpose and therefore I am ignorant.

But never did I intend my passage to insult you or demoralize you in any fashion.

Last edited by Cactuscooler; 03-27-2012 at 4:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-27-2012, 4:39 PM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,236
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

We defend the Constitution. Sometimes that keeps us so busy that we don't really get to enjoy what it offers until after we retire. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Linh's Avatar
Linh Linh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,251
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.asian.man View Post
but before i turned 18 i got hired by a local city. looking at my options i chose the city because a govt. job is once in a life time, it paid more, and i could always fall back into the military.

CURRENT - looking back, i wanted to re-enlist
Sorry to get off topic but what "once in a life time" job did you get at 18?

As far as the military being a fall back/back up plan it's not so easy these days and you chose the AF which you gotta make an appointment for since they don't have a problem meeting their quota.

What made you want to enlist in the military now?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-28-2012, 4:37 AM
secret.asian.man's Avatar
secret.asian.man secret.asian.man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 746
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linh View Post
Sorry to get off topic but what "once in a life time" job did you get at 18?

As far as the military being a fall back/back up plan it's not so easy these days and you chose the AF which you gotta make an appointment for since they don't have a problem meeting their quota.

What made you want to enlist in the military now?
how many 18 year olds do you know got picked up by a city govt. making $25 an hour with raises and full benefits? thats what i meant by once in a life time. sorry to make it sound all and high and mighty.

yes, i know, i did take days off to meet with them and i drove far to meet them.
__________________

If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!




ammo donations accepted here!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-28-2012, 1:24 PM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,236
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I know very unhappy men making $500,000 a year who would trade it in for a shot at joining the military.
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-28-2012, 3:06 PM
dalriaden dalriaden is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Visalia
Posts: 4,556
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.asian.man View Post
how long do i wait until i take another step? how long until he thinks that i just gave up?
It's possible he's had some sort of emergency leave. Have you called any of the other recruiters there to find out if he's there?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:58 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.