Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 9:57 AM

Default Complaint about Fountain Valley Location

A ticket numbering system could help avoid situations like this...

I visited this location yesterday and I was hoping to pick up one of those Mosin Nagants on sale. I arrived 30 minutes prior to closing, but the store was extremely busy. There were quite a few people waiting at the gun counter for either doing their DROS or picking up, but there was an individual who was there before me who had been patiently waiting to see an associate.

After standing about 20 minutes with this individual we witnessed the same associate (*Black shirt) assisting two other customers who just had walked in off the streets well after our arrival (Shame on me for not voicing it). 10 minutes to closing that associate starts to probe the both of us about what we needed. After pointing out that this individual has been here before me wanting to do a pick up and I was wanting to purchase a Mosin the associate informed me he would show me the gun, but wouldn't bother with the paperwork on my Mosin because its too close to "closing" and I should come back on Tuesday when they are open. At this point I was pretty furious because I had been waiting patiently, but to make matters worse the sales associate was handling people out of turn.

I have always purchased my firearms at that Turners location due to prices and convinced, but after this I'm never going to visit that Fountain Valley location ever again due to that "asshats" poor customer service. He could at least offered to do the paperwork after store hours to make up for the inconvenience, but he insisted on the next day route.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:43 AM

There is no reason that they should not have stayed open to do your paperwork. I will review video and talk to the employees involved.

If have any further questions/comments, feel free to e-mail me at robz@turners.com.

Thanks for the feedback for without it we could not get better.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah that Turners is my store of choice and it gets BUSY!

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:23 AM
CGN-Life time contributor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Turners customer service

I am with you XTK on this one, will be furious too! the management has to realize specially if he was wearing a black shirt, that means he is in managerial position!
That is one of the main catalyst for failure, specially in retail!!! All retailers should have a philosophy that i had when was in retail.
#1:The CUSTOMER is KING with out them you don't have a business, Above all they are always Right, period!!! doesn't matter what the situation or unreasonable they may be, the store duty is to please him regardless of the circumstances. (Specially during this time of Global resection we are all feeling) they should be bending over backwards for you being so patient!!!
Bad call, Shame on the guy that made the wrong call, The time shouldn't matter even if you walked in one minute before 8pm, specially when you are making a purchase.
With this new management lets see how they are going to change internally. What i did not agree with them is if they have a loyal customer, i'm not asking for special treatment, but i guess it goes with the territory, they treat you better, as a friend or a repeat customer. the new theft prevention person that is in charge, he should do his research first on how the old customers would react to receipt rules! do what Costco did, if you are applying a new policy, apply from that day forward, the customers that had made a purchase and lost the receipt is out of luck, and i do not agree with that one, if you are going to apply a new policy let the people know at the register when they are making the purchase to keep the receipt, new rules, they should always let the customer know.
I am a religious customer of Turners, had good and bad experiences, but i guess you tend to go to a place that every body knows your name, kinda like Cheers, the tv show. I have nothing bad to say about the NORWALK store, it has to come from the management, down.
That is the only Turners i go to, All of there staff are well trained, and to be honest with you they are only Turners were the sales staff knows what they are talking about, if they don't they will not try to come up with a cacamama lame answer, they will ask or try to find out for you. Well i must say Give Them a shot it may be a bit far for you but in this hobby i have driven hours upon hours to check out a place. To me Norwark Turners Rocks and everyone there! GOOD Job to The old management that has been there for a long time, RICH you Rock, i'm not brown nosing any one because they don't know who i am through my Avatar. I drive about an hour to get there but i'm there about 3 to 4 days a week.
if you think that i am wrong!!!! please refer to number one.
Old 09-26-2011, 8:39 PM
Dazed & Confused
CGN Contributor

I've only had that happen to me 5 times in FV. Same guy each time...
Old 09-28-2011, 8:21 AM

When I managed a store if a customer is in the store before closing (before front door got locked) he/she will be served!
I've been satisfied with Turner's so far, but I do see holes in their services. Management and staff needs to be evaluated and need to realize that customers pay for their salaries.
Originally Posted by zfields View Post
9mm might expand but .45 never shrinks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Constitutional rights are not dependent on your neighbors' opinions'.
If you shop at Amazon.com please use the link below. A portion of your purchase goes to CGF.
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Old 09-28-2011, 9:03 AM
Cantankerous old coot
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz@turners View Post
There is no reason that they should not have stayed open to do your paperwork. I will review video and talk to the employees involved.

If have any further questions/comments, feel free to e-mail me at robz@turners.com.

Thanks for the feedback for without it we could not get better.
Kudos for offering to look into this and handle in an effort to improve customer service!

I have never worked a gun counter, but have volunteered substantial hours at fundraisers selling stuff and it can get pretty chaotic when you have a lot of people gathered around a counter waiting to buy stuff. Knowing who is next is not easy unless they line up for you or you have something like a 'take a number' system.

As unhappy as the OP sounds, I am sure the initial slight was unintentional. As for not wanting to start paperwork, sounds more like a policy communications error. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 PM

I was in the same shores.( Went to the very shop at 730pm ...) However, those dudes were just tired after a days' work. I can understand.
Manager needs to consider they work till 830pm and schedule shift accordingly. Just look how Costco does it.
Old 10-04-2011, 3:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Fountains Valley does a good job considering how busy it gets.

I would suggest a little more room from the end of the isles to the gun counter. It seems to get awfully crowded. 2 grown men cannot walk shoulder to shoulder. This is not a complaint but I understand how busy this location gets and its not that its "busy" its just a tight squeeze in the back there.

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.