Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-25-2007, 1:58 PM

Default full auto LP kit

Is it legal to buy and own a full auto or 3 round burst lower parts kit for the AR's or any other semiauto weapons? Own NOT install just own it and store it away.
Old 01-25-2007, 2:00 PM

from what i remember AR no, AK is ok assuming you dont have the 3rd hole drilled.
Old 01-25-2007, 2:08 PM
Banned

Constructive possession falls into play if you own a AR15 and also posses any (except for a M16 bolt carrier) M16 parts.

I'm sure Bill or Gene could describe better.
Old 01-25-2007, 2:24 PM
Veteran Member

Even if CA doesnt have constructive possession, with FA parts you're venturing into NFA/federal territory where there indeed is something called constructive possession.
Old 01-25-2007, 2:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitereaper
Is it legal to buy and own a full auto or 3 round burst lower parts kit for the AR's or any other semiauto weapons? Own NOT install just own it and store it away.
20 years ago, no big deal. FA M-16 parts were everywhere. Since then, ATF has cracked down on possession of such parts if you do not own a registered machine gun.

Possession of those parts alone may constitute illegal possession of a machine gun. If you own an AR type rifle, then they definitely constitute illegal constructive possession of a machine gun, even if no attempt to convert the rifle has been made.

Owning those parts, auto sear, FA Hammer, FA trigger, FA disconnector, FA selector... It's a no win situation and in the very least, could get you into jail and an ATF investigation. Legal fees alone, even if they drop the case, would be costly.

Destroy them or sell them to a NFA dealer if you come into possession of them.
Old 01-25-2007, 3:08 PM

Thank you all for the information! I do not have the parts but was curious as to the legallity of owning them.
Old 01-25-2007, 3:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Correction to a post above...

'Constructive possession' does not apply in CA to generic 'by features' assault weapons matters.

However, constructive possession DOES apply within CA, just like with the Feds, to matters of full-auto MGs, SBRs, SBSes, etc.

One Calgunner already has constructive possession issues with a parts kit he had along with an "80%" tube receiver he bought off Ebay. Frankly he's lucky he's not in worse trouble.

I would REALLY tread carefully with these matters. Even if you have no intention to build an MG, there's no rational reason to have FA parts around.

A bit of cautionary advice: for those folks buying parts kits for various guns, I'd encourage them to purchase parts kits BEFORE any related receiver purchased, and then immediately scrub them of any evil fire-control parts or open bolt parts - throw 'em away, send 'em back, etc. and get semiauto replacements before acquiring the receiver(s).

For those having receivers already, I would specifically send a written order to the parts kit vendor requesting appropriate key parts to be removed before shipping to you, and requesting for that to be echoed on the returned invoice. Possibly have the parts shipped to a friend that does NOT have the receiver(s) in question - and if auto parts are there, send it back.

I am leery of AK kits [unless they have FSE or Tapco etc. USA firecontrol parts included]. Even though the magic 3rd hole ain't drilled in your receiver, the logical association between possession of a full auto AK parts suite and semiauto receiver is not that dissimilar to possession of a standard semiauto AR15 receiver (without a 'happy hole') and possession of M16 firecontrol parts or lightning link, etc.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 01-25-2007, 4:00 PM

How can M16 full auto parts (not conversion parts) and an AR15 receiver be considered 'Constructive possession'?

An AR15 receiver would need to be machined and drilled to accept the auto sear.

Yes, conversion kits and drop in auto sears would be 'Constructive possession', because they will work in an AR15 receiver.
Old 01-25-2007, 4:07 PM
Banned

Because when you have the AR15 receiver (not Specifically a colt brand) the M16 parts will fit into place where the AR15 parts were and all one has to do is drill the sear hole and you have constructed a FULL AUTO weapon.

maybe intent to construct would be a better name but that is the law End of story.

Maybe if you wrote the BATF they will change the law for you if you ask real nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGuy
How can M16 full auto parts (not conversion parts) and an AR15 receiver be considered 'Constructive possession'?

Yes, conversion kits and drop in auto sears would be 'Constructive possession', because they will work in an AR15 receiver.
Old 01-25-2007, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiAutoSam
Because when you have the AR15 receiver (not Specifically a colt brand) the M16 parts will fit into place where the AR15 parts were and all one has to do is drill the sear hole and you have constructed a FULL AUTO weapon

A semi auto AR15 receiver (Left) has more material then an M16 receiver (Right), you would have to machine the receiver to accept the sear and drill the hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nfa-ar-m16-01.jpg (63.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 01-25-2007, 4:28 PM
Banned

2 points not all semi auto receivers are built the same even if the semi auto receiver someone has looked like the one on the left there is always the DIAS and they have law about that as well.

And I suppose the logic comes into play when you think about it if you own a semi auto rifle what do you need with M16 parts.

Quote:

A semi auto AR15 receiver (Left) has more material then an M16 receiver (Right), you would have to machine the receiver to accept the sear and drill the hole.

Ah crap! You have to drill a hole in the lower? I was hoping if some day when the gun laws got reversed and FA was legal that I could convert some of my lowers over to FA. Oh well guess I will just have to buy a new FA rifle when the time comes.

Constructive Poss. is BS.
Basically it comes down to the govt. accusing you of a crime before anything is committed...
Old 01-25-2007, 4:42 PM

I found this on a site talking about "E2" M16 parts kits:

"The reason that the E2 kit is not regulated by federal law is that it is not a gun, nor is it a kit designed to convert an ordinary gun to full automatic."

"As noted above, possession of a conversion kit is subject to the same legal requirements as possession of an actual machine gun. [73] Installation of a conversion kit can be accomplished by anybody who has the patience and dexterity to disassemble a gun down to its very smallest parts (the trigger assembly) and then re-assemble the gun with new parts, according to directions. [74]"

Yes, conversion kits that take semi-auto guns and make them auto are regulated by the ATF. People have posted cases where owning a conversion kit (drop in sear) and an AR15 receiver will get you jail time, but if you don't own an M16 receiver, you can own M16 parts.
Old 01-25-2007, 4:46 PM

I have a hack saw and a rifle. Is that constructive possession of a SBR?
Old 01-25-2007, 5:13 PM

also, though, keep in mind that without the autosear, you can still slam-fire your AR with the other parts (hammer, selecter, disconnect). That may constitute a machine gun, since there is a case in Ventura right now where the gentlemen in question had all the m16 parts, minus the reciever, and it still fired fully automatic. I'd say stay away from the m16 parts, period (although a bolt carrier is okay by itself I've read/heard, etc).
Old 01-25-2007, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD1010
there is a case in Ventura right now where the gentlemen in question had all the m16 parts, minus the reciever, and it still fired fully automatic.
Do you have a link? Did he have a M16 auto sear, or was it just someone that did a trigger job on a semi AR15 that caused it to fire full auto?
Old 01-25-2007, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiAutoSam
2 points not all semi auto receivers are built the same even if the semi auto receiver someone has looked like the one on the left there is always the DIAS and they have law about that as well.

And I suppose the logic comes into play when you think about it if you own a semi auto rifle what do you need with M16 parts.
Sorry, but I'm not following the logic here. If you have a DIAS, then then the DIAS (alone) is the machinegun. The ATF has addressed this point before.

If one makes the claim that a lower + some M16 FCG parts make an MG, then it follows the stripped lower itself is an MG -- because the same amount of milling and drilling is needed to illegally convert either to actually fire in full auto.

The ATF recommends not to use the parts because it increases the likelihood that a slam-fire full-auto can develop. It also increases the likelihood their techs could gum up your gun's works to make it go slam-fire full-auto for a court presentation.
Old 01-25-2007, 7:31 PM
Banned

Well that would depend on when the DIAS was manufactured according to BATF From memory the cutoff date was somewhere in 1981 or there abouts.

I didn't create this logic........ your government did. I will look up the data on the DIAS.

AR15 DROP-IN AUTO SEARS - WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

Below was borrowed from website listed at URL below.
http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/dias.html

There are two types of AR15 Drop-In Auto-Sears (DIAS) available; (1)the so called ”legal pre-81” auto sears and (2)the registered auto sear. The “pre-81” sears are commonly advertised in Shotgun News for about $125-$200. The registered and transferable ones are much more difficult to find, and currently (Nov-2003) are priced in the $7500 - 8500 price range. The purpose and function of each type is the same; to convert a semi-automatic AR15 rifle to full automatic. While there is no physical difference between the two, there are enormous legal differences - one is completely legal to own and use, the other is a felony waiting to happen.

THE REGISTERED & TRANSFERABLE DROP-IN AUTO SEAR

This is a an auto sear made before 1986 and registered (tax paid) with the BATF as a machinegun. Currently (Nov-2003) they sell in the $7500 - 8500 price range and require an additional $200 transfer tax to own. This is the only type an individual can use to make an AR15 full auto. To obtain one, an individual (non FFL/SOT) would have to live in a state that permits ownership of full auto firearms and complete a BATF form 4 in duplicate with fingerprints, pictures, and a CLEO certification. The auto sear itself is legally the same as a complete transferable machinegun - it is legal to own and use, provided the paperwork is filed with BATF and you receive an approved form 4. The registered auto sear requires installation of M16 (full auto) fire control parts (trigger, disconnector, selector, hammer, and bolt carrier) in the semi automatic host rifle. Normally, even possession of an M16 part with an AR15 is a felony - it doesn’t even have to be installed in the gun! If you own a registered DIAS however, possession is permitted as long as you are the legal owner of a registered DIAS. If the DIAS is removed from the rifle, the M16 parts MUST BE REMOVED also. The instant a registered DIAS is removed, any M16 parts in the AR15 will constitute a felony. The same principle also applies to barrel length. If you have a short barrel (less than 16”) on an AR15 with a registered DIAS installed, you must remove the barrel/upper whenever the DIAS is not in the gun. The registered DIAS can be installed in either a pre or post ban AR15 with all the evil assault features you wish. Because the DIAS makes the rifle full automatic when installed, it is no longer covered by the 1994 assault weapons ban, which defines an assault weapon as a “semiautomatic rifle” with specific features (bayo. lug, threaded barrel, flash hider, etc.). When the sear is removed from a post-ban gun, you must restore the gun to a post-ban configuration, and remove those evil assault features. Just remember, when the registered DIAS is installed, the host gun becomes like a machinegun and is treated as such. The instant the DIAS is removed, the host firearm must revert back to its original semiautomatic state (no F/A parts, no short barrels), and if a post ban, it must comply with the assault weapons ban.

THE “PRE-81” DROP-IN AUTO SEAR

The “pre-81” DIAS - commonly advertised in Shotgun News for about $125-$200 are a completely different item than a registered DIAS. Prior to 1981 it was legal to make and own these sears without necessarily registering them as machineguns. BATF eventually caught on, and in 1981 issued a ruling that the sears were considered machinegun conversion parts and sears made after 1981 had to be registered (tax paid) and transfer as any other NFA item (these became the registered ones referred to above). BATF grandfathered the unregistered sears made prior to 1981, but sears made after 1981 had to either be registered or are considered unregistered machineguns - a serious felony. IT IS A FELONY TO POSSESS BOTH A PRE-81 DROP-IN AUTO SEAR AND AN AR15 - UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN AN INDIVIDUAL LEGALLY USE A PRE-81 DIAS IN AN AR15. Technically, you are allowed to possess an unregistered DIAS which was made prior to 1981, but you cannot possess one if you own an AR15 - it’s one or the other, but not both. Obviously, this rule makes possession of a pre-81 DIAS useless - if you cannot own the rifle it goes in, about all you can do with them is to make cufflinks, earrings, or a very small paperweight.

The so called “pre-81” DIAS presents another legal problem, which can make the mere possession of the sear a felony - even in the complete absence or an AR15. As stated previously, only sears made prior to 1981 are allowed to be unregistered - any sears made after the 1981 ruling must be registered or will be considered by BATF to be unregistered machineguns. Because none of the pre-81 sears carry a serial number which can be definitively linked to a date of manufacture, there is no way to prove to BATF or a prosecutor that an unregistered pre-81 DIAS was actually made prior to 1981. If you are caught with one (just a sear, not even with a rifle) BATF can assume it was made after 1981, and therefore prosecute for felony possession of an unregistered machinegun. The burden of proof will fall on the owner of the sear to prove it was made prior to 1981 - very difficult to do without a serial number of date of manufacture on the sear itself. Granted, some pre-81 sears come with a letter purported to document the sears authenticity, but often these are just Xeroxed, and will not stand up to the scrutiny of a prosecutor.

CONCLUSIONS

If you are considering buying an auto sear to convert your AR15 to a full automatic firearm, there is only one option - the registered & transferable DIAS. While it may be tempting to buy a pre-81 to save thousands over the registered sear, the risks are considerable. Possession of an unregistered machinegun (a pre-81 DIAS and an AR15 rifle...or possibly even just a so called “pre-81” DIAS) is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison, and up to a $10,000 fine, and permanent loss of your right to ever own a gun or vote again. Numerous rumors have circulated that some of the people selling the pre-81 sears are actually BATF operations. Buyer beware.

Below for those that aren't familiar with the term DIAS.
http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/dias.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telperion
Sorry, but I'm not following the logic here. If you have a DIAS, then then the DIAS (alone) is the machine gun. The ATF has addressed this point before.

If one makes the claim that a lower + some M16 FCG parts make an MG, then it follows the stripped lower itself is an MG -- because the same amount of milling and drilling is needed to illegally convert either to actually fire in full auto.

The ATF recommends not to use the parts because it increases the likelihood that a slam-fire full-auto can develop. It also increases the likelihood their techs could gum up your gun's works to make it go slam-fire full-auto for a court presentation.

Last edited by SemiAutoSam; 01-25-2007 at 7:40 PM..
Old 01-25-2007, 8:45 PM

"Because none of the pre-81 sears carry a serial number which can be definitively linked to a date of manufacture, there is no way to prove to BATF or a prosecutor that an unregistered pre-81 DIAS was actually made prior to 1981. If you are caught with one (just a sear, not even with a rifle) BATF can assume it was made after 1981, and therefore prosecute for felony possession of an unregistered machinegun. The burden of proof will fall on the owner of the sear to prove it was made prior to 1981 - very difficult to do without a serial number of date of manufacture on the sear itself." -from quote in Sam's post

Despite Bush and Co.'s best efforts, this is still the United States of America, and burden of proof still rests on the prosecution. Nevertheless, I have no intention of ever owning one of these pieces. I rather like not being in prison.
Old 01-25-2007, 8:54 PM
Banned

Here is a cop webpage that doesnt seem to understand about the DIAS.

Whats wrong with this picture ? they dont seem to know that other M16 parts are required.

The part in red below is interesting since DIAS arent made anymore in any factory brand new.

http://www.policemag.com/forum/post....166&FORUM_ID=9

A few days ago, somebody on this website was inquiry about the
availablity and Legality(s) concerning a particular Rifle Componant
that was designed to cause any AR-15 type Rifles to fire in Full
Automatic Mode by simply installing this Gun part into the AR Rifle
with NO other parts are componants of any kind being needed
whatsoever.
That particular Item is known as
the "PRE-81" AR15 DROP-IN AUTO SEAR",
and what is meant by "PRE-81" is that
the part was manufactured BEFORE the year 1981 as
prior to that time, the item WAS BATF-legal to own
and use and WITHOUT any paperwork being required.
Well, I hadn't posted too much info to that person that asked
questions about this particular "little peice of steel", so I
have decided to cover the subject more deeply now, just as I
probably should have before so people can know what they
are getting themselves into when they buy this one item.

Since there are VERY SERIOUS "Legal-issues" and harsh
penalities that people unknowlingly have agreed to accept the risk
of owning this AUTO SEAR or it is also known by abbreviation of
*DIAS*.

Ok, the "pre-81" DIAS - commonly advertised in
various magazines for about $125-$200 are a completely different item than a registered DIAS.

Prior to 1981 it was legal to make and own these sears without necessarily registering them as machineguns. BATF eventually caught on, and in 1981 issued a ruling that the sears were considered machinegun conversion parts and sears made after 1981 had to be registered (tax paid) and transfer as any other NFA item (these became the registered ones referred to above).
BATF grandfathered the unregistered sears made prior to 1981, but sears made after 1981 had to either be registered or are considered unregistered machineguns - a serious felony. IT IS A FELONY TO POSSESS BOTH A PRE-81 DROP-IN AUTO SEAR AND AN AR15 - UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN AN INDIVIDUAL LEGALLY USE A PRE-81 DIAS IN AN AR15. Technically, you are allowed to possess an unregistered DIAS which was made prior to 1981, but you cannot possess one if you own an AR15 - it’s one or the other, but not both. Obviously, this rule makes possession of a pre-81 DIAS useless - if you cannot own the rifle it goes in, about all you can do with them is to make cufflinks, earrings, or a very small paperweight.

However, the one thing that most people tend to overlook is
the EXACT detail that usually is the ONLY reason that they
were caught, and subsequently they were found out that they
installed this auto sear in their weapons...-SERIOUS FELONY!

And that detail is as follows:

The so called “pre-81” DIAS presents it's owner with
the legal problem of the DIAS's mere possession is a felony
- even in the complete absence or an AR15.
As stated previously, only sears made prior to 1981 are allowed to be unregistered - any sears made after the 1981 ruling must be registered or will be considered by BATF to be unregistered machineguns. Because none of the pre-81 sears carry any serial number which could be definitively linked to a date
your sear's particular date of manufacture! AND IN PLAIN ENGLISH, that means that there is no way to prove to BATF or a prosecutor that an unregistered pre-81 DIAS was actually made prior to 1981.

If you are caught with one (just a sear, not even with a rifle)
BATF can assume it was made after 1981, and therefore prosecute
for felony possession of an unregistered machinegun.

The burden of proof will fall on the owner of the sear
to prove it was made prior to 1981 - very difficult to do
without a serial number of date of manufacture on the sear itself.
Do you think any judage, jury or prosecutor is going to believe
you when you try to explain that it's a pre-81 DIAS and not an
EXACT same DIAS that was made after 1981, simply because your sear
doesn't have any serial number on it? Yeah, try to tell anybody that,
and they will automatically say something like you must have made
this part in your gargae and that is just as Illegal as a new
commercially-made factory model
. YOU STILL WILL GET THE SAME
LENGTHY PRISON SENTENCE EVEN IF THEY GAVE YOUR STORY THE BENEFIT
OF THE DOUBT! But even then, did your pre-81 claims actually
help your case all that much? I mean, you're still gonna get
ten years in the Penn, same as you would've gotten before.

Now Granted, some pre-81 sears come with a letter purported to document the sears authenticity,and BATF says-"civilian-OK" BUT often these "letters" are just Xerox copies,and will not stand up to the scrutiny of a prosecutor. ESPECIALLY if the prosecutor is fresh outta law school and he's trying to make a name for himself by trying to attain himself a perfect or almost perfect legal track record. In other words, a 100%-Conviction Rate.

My REPEATED conclusions on this little Felony item...

If you are considering buying an auto sear to convert your AR15 to a full automatic firearm, there is only one option - the registered & transferable DIAS. While it may be tempting to buy a pre-81 to save thousands over the registered sear, the risks are considerable.

Possession of an unregistered machinegun (a pre-81 DIAS and an AR15 rifle...or possibly even just a so called “pre-81” DIAS) is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison, and up to a $10,000 fine, and permanent loss of your right to ever own a gun or vote. An if you're a person who has any type of Government or L.E. occupation, you are risking losing.....EVERYTHING.

*ONE MORE FINAL BIT OF INFORMATION, THAT JUST HAPPENS
TO BE EXTREMELY CRUCIAL TO KNOW ABOUT![u][b
Numerous rumors have circulated that some of the people selling the pre-81 sears are actually
BATF "sting" operations. Buyer's Beware. ---S.P.

Last edited by SemiAutoSam; 01-25-2007 at 8:59 PM..
Old 01-25-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Do you have a link? Did he have a M16 auto sear, or was it just someone that did a trigger job on a semi AR15 that caused it to fire full auto?
oops.. I messed that up (again). He had an m16 trigger group; that's it. No auto sear. You can still get introuble for a machine gun because even without the auto sear, the gun will fire repeatedly by slam-fire (like a tommy gun). There is a link somehwere in this forum about the case.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Yes, conversion kits that take semi-auto guns and make them auto are regulated by the ATF. People have posted cases where owning a conversion kit (drop in sear) and an AR15 receiver will get you jail time, but if you don't own an M16 receiver, you can own M16 parts.
Stop spreading misinformation and get your facts straight.

Case law has already been established:
http://www.kscourts.org/ca10/cases/2004/01/02-1276.htm

Owning M16 fire control components and an AR-15 or other semi-automatic AR style rifle is constructive possession of an unregistered machine gun, which is a felony that carries a 10 year prison sentence and a $100,000 fine.
Old 01-26-2007, 2:57 AM

Quote:

Maybe you need to read up on what "constructive posession" means before you advise people to commit a felony.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe

Owning M16 fire control components and an AR-15 or other semi-automatic AR style rifle is constructive possession of an unregistered machine gun, which is a felony that carries a 10 year prison sentence and a $100,000 fine.
If I own a PTR91 receiver and buy a "G3A3 Lower Parts Kits" from the company you work for, does that mean I now have a machine gun? My opinion is no, because the parts won't go together without some modifications (the full auto lower and the semi auto HK91 style lower).
Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsreeftank
Maybe you need to read up on what "constructive posession" means before you advise people to commit a felony.
I not telling anyone to buy M16 parts, I am just arguing the point that it seems legal to own M16 parts. Anyone who has bought AK47, G3, etc. parts kit may have Full Auto control parts. Does that mean they all own machine guns?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe

I am not spreading any imformation, I am just arguing that the parts might be legal to own. The only problem with the case is that the guy also owned drop-in auto sears and it says:

"An auto sear can, by itself, constitute a "machinegun" under the National Firearms Act. United States v. Cash, 149 F.3d 706, 706-08 (7th Cir. 1998)."

If he didn't also own drop-in sears would he have been charged? True they got his gun to fire full-atuo without the sears, but couldn't they get any AR15 to fire full-auto if the monkey with it enough.

Again, I am not saying M16 parts are legal, I am just saying if they aren't legal why can you buy them all other the place, and how can company's sell full auto parts kit like G3, AK47, etc.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:17 AM
No, I am not a Moderator!

That the parts are available for sale does not at ALL mean they are legal for you to own, especially in certain aggregates.

Sudafed is legal to own, but own enough and enough of the rest of the Meth recipe list and you'll have a problem.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 01-26-2007, 5:39 PM

The equation is really quite simple:

AR-15 reciever + M-16 LPK = Machine Gun.

Machine Gun + your gun safe = felony.

It can therefore be concluded that owning those M-16 parts without any tax stamp or Class III licensing also = felony. Don't risk it.
Old 01-26-2007, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone
The equation is really quite simple:

AR-15 reciever + M-16 LPK = Machine Gun.

Machine Gun + your gun safe = felony.

It can therefore be concluded that owning those M-16 parts without any tax stamp or Class III licensing also = felony. Don't risk it.
So your basically saying: semi receiver + auto parts = Machine Gun, right?

What about these?

hk91 receiver + surplus G3 parts kit = Machine Gun?
semi style AK receiver + surplus AK parts kit = Machine Gun?