Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > California Precision Rifle Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Precision Rifle Club California Precision Rifle Club Forum

Old 10-08-2011, 1:21 PM

Default CaPRC Marksmanship Clinic "B" 10-23-11

Come on out and join us at Angeles for the 2nd part of our new precision rifle shooter series of clinics on Sunday October 23rd.
This shoot will have you gathering dope from 100yds out to 600yds as well as work on spotting and calling shots and making corrections from calls.
We wil be continuing with using the features of the scope and how to make accurate soft dope from your hard dope using ballistics software.
You need to have attended (as a shooter) one of our former "A" clinics during 2011 in order to attend this clinic as a shooter.
We will limit this to 24 shooters so that those shooters can get maximum range time.

Full details are here:
http://www.caprc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3115
Old 10-17-2011, 7:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Just a reminder that RSVPs for the forthcoming CaPRC Marksmanship Clinic "B" will open tomorrow at noon.

Please check the link above for details.

Hope to see you there.
Old 10-17-2011, 7:21 PM

Fees for Clinic "B" are $50 for non-CaPRC members or $40 for CaPRC members.

The entry fee covers the classroom sessions, cold drinks and BBQ lunch and your use of the range for the rest of the day after the clinic is over.

You may particpte as a non-shooter, observe the shooting portion of the day and join us for the BBQ for a reduced $20 non-shooter fee.
Old 10-18-2011, 1:22 PM
Calguns Addict

The BBQ from "A" clinic was unreal. Yum!
Old 10-18-2011, 4:09 PM

Now that I'm already confirmed, I'm comfortable in telling everyone they should sign up for this.
Old 10-21-2011, 1:23 PM

Right now we have 12 shooters RSVP'd for Clinic "B". That leaves 12 open spots.

Remember, Clinic "B" will have you gathering dope from 100 yards:

to 200 yards:

to 300 yards:

to 400 yards:

to 500 yards:

and out to 600 yards:

We will also work on spotting and calling shots and making corrections from calls. We will be continuing with using the features of the scope and how to make accurate soft dope from your hard dope using ballistics software. It's a really fun day with lots of learning.

RSVP now and hope to you see at Clinic "B".
Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 PM

These photos from yesterday's Clinic "B" are courtesy of Tripeaks69.

Lunch break:

I like this rifle:

It's a clean 700 with a nice base, rings, and Nightforce. You can get your rifle as complex or tricked as you want, but this set-up is more than sufficient to shoot precision rifle.

Charlie scopes out the hits and misses through the spotter:

Nick and Eddie spot from the benches:

They're spotting; not shooting. Shooting is done from prone.

More spotting:

Most new precision shooters are surprised to learn that spotting is almost as much fun as shooting. It sounds incredible, but it's true.

Mass spotting:

Spotting is part of the clinic, because becoming a good spotter makes one a better shooter.
Old 10-24-2011, 1:12 PM

While Clinic "A" combines shooting with classroom time, Clinics "B" through "D" are nearly all shooting with short talks on the line:

Are those donuts?:

I have enjoyed coffee on the firing line, but never donuts. Now I feel deprived.

Charlie diagnoses some targets:

I'm not sure, but it looks to me as though the three high shots were first and then the scope was adjusted down to the hits in the diamond. If so, that's excellent shooting. If all of the shots were fired without scope adjustment, then the three high shots may have been caused by firing during different parts of the breathing cycle. I'm not sure; I wasn't there.

Love that clays vest. Again, bring what you have to these clinics. If you wait until you have all of the "proper" or "required" equipment, you are just setting up hurdles for yourself and you will probably never attend. Just bring what you have. Good shooting involves skill much more than fancy equipment.

Another zeroing target:

And the dots of the same shooter:

Four hits on the dots is excellent shooting. Shooting four dots presents much more difficulty than putting four shots into a tight group. For you guys who claim you can hold half-MOA all day long, try shooting at dots.

More dots:

The shooter probably fired at the top left dot first and then shot left to right. The first shot probably followed some dry presses and it was a very nice hit. The shots seem to get worse from shot to shot. I wasn't there so I don't know, but this looks like flinching.

These targets at the clinics are small to help diagnose shooter problems and the coaches are there to catch such errors and provide feedback. With small targets that highlight problems and with feedback from the coaches, the shooter learns much more quickly than he would by just shooting haphazardly by himself.
Old 10-24-2011, 1:21 PM

Walking out to check the targets:

This is what the targets look like from far away:

Another excellent target:

That's at least four hits and three of them are very solid hits. Well done.

I like the shooting styles of these two shooters:

There are many different shooting styles used by many excellent shooters, but I like to see the shooter straight back behind the rifle and with the head more erect than tilted to the side.

Thank you to Tripeaks69 for the photos and thank you to the shooters who attended Clinic "B". We hope to see all of you at Clinic "C".

Last edited by johnlee; 10-24-2011 at 3:49 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 3:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlee View Post
Are those donuts?:

I have enjoyed coffee on the firing line, but never donuts. Now I feel deprived.
Oh yes, two boxes of them
Quote:
Charlie diagnoses some targets:

I'm not sure, but it looks to me as though the three high shots were first and then the scope was adjusted down to the hits in the diamond. If so, that's excellent shooting.

Love that clays vest.
Excellent shooting indeed. Those shots were from our clay vest wearing lady shooter. This sport isn't just for they guys.