Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

Default Rings on the ring finger

Is it now a fashion statement? Since I'm adjusting to the idea of getting back to the dating world, it seems 98% of the women I see are sporting a ring. Is the marriage rate that high? I'm confused and since I have a strict no ring policy its getting annoying.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalriaden View Post
I'm confused and since I have a strict no ring policy its getting annoying.
You are going to get nowhere with that policy. Yes, its a distraction to limit how much they get hit on, married or not.
Old 09-02-2011, 1:02 PM

Where are you seeing these women?
Old 09-02-2011, 2:28 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

women wear rings on whatever finger they please in 2011....and on their toes, too.

its easy: ask if its an engagement or wedding ring. some women are just into jewelry and do not abide by the old customs. nothing ventured, nothing gained. just ask.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 09-02-2011, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
some women are just into jewelry and do not abide by the old customs. nothing ventured, nothing gained. just ask.
I've had my wife pull her hand (the one with the big frikken rock on it) up and show it to guys who wouldn't take a brush-off. Even that doesn't stop some of these damn bloodhounds... Glad I haven't been around when this happens, I'd jump her right there. -Then I'd flip him off.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluSS View Post
Where are you seeing these women?
San Luis Arroyo Grande
At Starbucks when im ninjaing their interwebz. One really pretty girl in particular is driving me crazy with it, she sports a band but when we make eye contact she does a really hot stretch routine. All the signs are there but the ring kills it. Guess I'll ask next time I see her and hope she doesn't ask for help with her college work.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-forceJunkie View Post
You are going to get nowhere with that policy. Yes, its a distraction to limit how much they get hit on, married or not.
Im used to that policy with bartenders and waitresses not with the majority of college aged girls I see.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernl View Post
I've had my wife pull her hand (the one with the big frikken rock on it) up and show it to guys who wouldn't take a brush-off. Even that doesn't stop some of these damn bloodhounds... Glad I haven't been around when this happens, I'd jump her right there. -Then I'd flip him off.

As others said, they wear them now regardless. I do this too, at car and other shows, I do it at the range, simply, cause it gets annoying when guys try to flirt, you show you aren't interested, and they won't take NO or the shrug off, or the WALK away. They just keep hounding and hounding, even if I am single, doesn't mean I am open to just any guy coming into my life, I have restrictions, like I only really care right now for guys who I come across at events held by friends, if they can be vouched for by them, or by family, etc. To many creepy weirdos out there, especially guys who just want a cheap investment to a quick or near future lay.

If I go to the gun range, I am there to shoot, not get hit on by a group of guys, I dress for comfort not slut mode. But if I happen to get/catch guys staring, thats ok, no big deal. You know? But ppl should be aware, that they can't and shouldn't just intrude on people lol, being able to read body lang, is a good thing.

By all means, sure smile, flirt, if it isn't returned, and the woman seems more occupied doing her own thing? Leave it alone. Cause married or not, most women today have boyfriends. You know the notion of how we always keep getting @55hole guys and all the nice guys are taken? Its generally true, most guys or gals are taken, but not all, but should always be kept in thought. Like your fire arm, should always be assumed loaded. lol. So assume others are taken in a capacity.

Smile, be friendly, casual. But read posture, behavior yada yada, if she doing something, let her be. Be it shooting, shopping, or eating. And this isn't to detour classic cute romantic approach, HI MY NAME IS... DO YOU COME HERE OFTEN? Its all about reading, to see if the person is receptive or not. Its really easy actually.

And as for ^ his lady getting hit on? I know how that is, I wear a ring spec to shut down guys, and that doesn't stop them, I've even had to fib and say it out right, I am married, and most reply, "So?!" its like, wow...if a guy doesnt get the picture of a RING, and persist, it doesnt matter if its a marriage ring, engagment, etc. Assume gun is always loa..d..wait that shes taken lol. This means, STOP, dont do what you want, leave individual alone. They belong to somebody. Stop poaching on someone elses game land haha. This has always peeved me. Ring means NO GO, ABORT, ESCAPE. lol.

Alot of guys think its a game, a woman says no, or shows shes not interested, and they persist further, trying to be cute, when it really isn't. Worst places this has happened is, the gun range, gun stores, dealer lots, car shows, shot show, sema, etc. Worst experience is when an officer wouldn't leave me alone. Was really really creepy, but in anycase, good luck in romance, but its not a fashion statement, most women use it on that partic finger, to detour advances from randomized guys. I saw this post yesterday, and posted on the automotive and shooting private forums I am on, and 100% of the women on both, agreed full heartedly, the singles do it, to derail and push away would be hopefuls, cause honestly? Who really wants a total stranger bugging them, on and on, trying to get a number, or acceptance for coffee, or something to eat, etc?

And almost all of them, once saying no thanks and showing no interest, the guys would continue their harassment, and try to change their minds. A simple no is not body lang, its a defined answer; and most, still didn't care. And also, RINGS on "that" finger DO NOT detour some guys, they don't care if you are married, I've had a guy at gun range try digging for info on me. Tried to talk to me about my guns, if they were my husband or bf's etc. Trying to figure out if I was taken or not, I said two were my husbands, though I wasn't married, cause I wanted him to go away, he than asked if I wanted to get coffee, I said no. He than proceeded that if we got a bite to eat, its not like I am doing anything wrong, he remarked how he goes to the gym 5 days a week for 3-4 hours....how I look so good, he tried to be cute and slide in what size my fake boobs were, I ignored him and in anycase, cold shoulder didn't work. I politely told him I wasn't interested, and to leave me alone, he did not. In anycase, last comment before I packed up and left, was if I wanted to go back to his place for wine, he had an expensive array to chose from lol. Yah...no thanks buddy. I didn't even respond, I left lol.

But its just annoying guys. If you really are having a hard time finding a gf, spouse, etc. Try the classifieds, or the interweb dating sites. Cause though you may share a hobby, and alot of ppl here may say GO for it, some women actually don't like the out of blue hit on instances that occur. Set the bait, if no bite, than leave it be. If there is a RING, than leave her alone. Its common sense. Sorry for the rant, this just touched a nerve for me. OC Gun Show was bad a little back, can't stand guys who act like dogs. For those who are gentlemen, and are observant of body lang, and etc, thanks. It really is appreciated.

And Infern: When I snag a guy I have him with me whenever I shoot, so other guys won't try to bug me You should go with your wife I feel safer when I bring my guy friends now, and other guys think they are my hubby or bf hahaha. Kinda sad to have to do that, but its worked so far

Last edited by onequickshift; 09-03-2011 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: adding
Old 09-03-2011, 10:12 AM

Most single gals I know who work in food service (server, hostess, bar etc) wear a dummy ring so they get hit on less often. Sometimes they forget that it's still on...