Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 5:56 PM

Default Rant - long wait time at Torrance store

I got my Wednesday "Off the Hook" email and lo and behold the 5" XDs were on sale. Nice! I visited the Torrance store right after work, got there about 6 p.m. There was no place to park, not even the handicap spots. I had surgery for a torn achilles tendon so I have a 6 month handicap parking placard. So I go to the suit place down the street and limp back to Turner's. Holy crap! There's a huge crowd at the gun counter. I see a couple of employees working the gun counter, and I'm not sure how they know who's next to be helped. You don't pull a number at Turner's. So I wait and I wait and I wait. Meanwhile my leg is hurting more and more from the standing, finally I give in and walk out. Sorry but my leg tells me when its time to go. That was a nice sale, but the way it was looking I'd be in there another hour or more before it was my turn. Maybe longer Bummer!!
Old 08-25-2011, 6:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_H View Post
I got my Wednesday "Off the Hook" email and lo and behold the 5" XDs were on sale. Nice! I visited the Torrance store right after work, got there about 6 p.m. There was no place to park, not even the handicap spots. I had surgery for a torn achilles tendon so I have a 6 month handicap parking placard. So I go to the suit place down the street and limp back to Turner's. Holy crap! There's a huge crowd at the gun counter. I see a couple of employees working the gun counter, and I'm not sure how they know who's next to be helped. You don't pull a number at Turner's. So I wait and I wait and I wait. Meanwhile my leg is hurting more and more from the standing, finally I give in and walk out. Sorry but my leg tells me when its time to go. That was a nice sale, but the way it was looking I'd be in there another hour or more before it was my turn. Maybe longer Bummer!!
PM on the way- thanks.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest Now Open

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Our Weekly Ad |
Old 08-31-2011, 6:05 PM

I went into the torrance store to browse on a friday, and one of the customers asked the counter lady about the stack of people here. She said they are busy everyday from opening to closing. Which i believe to be true. So until they hire more people its gonna take some patience.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:07 PM

I bought about 9 guns from turners, they're always busy I usually deal with the Rancho Cucamonga location and the guys know me well by now. I'm sure if they hire more people their cost will rise. sometimes its just worth it to wait, if you want a great deal with no Bs attitude gun stores like a lot of other places, I regret purchasing 2 guns from their local competitor down the street. I wont mention their names cuz I don't want to piss anyone off. Good luck I hope you try them again and hopefully they treat you right!
current guns, Barrett M82A1, Remington 700 AICS, JD Machine AR-10, JD Machine AR-15(2), Ar-15 Noveske Infedel(2), TNT AR-15(2), shtf AR's(2),AR pistol,SCAR16, SCAR17, FNH FS2000, GSG-5, FNP45 Tactical,FN57, FNP9, Desert Eargle 50AE, Glock 36/22/17, XD9, Kimber Desert Warrior, Kimber Raptor II stainless, CZ P07, CZP01 Shadow Target,KSG, Springfield TRP full rail and a whole mess of other guns...
Old 09-12-2011, 12:13 AM

I went there Friday to pick up a marlin 795... much to my surprise, they now have a ticket dispenser. Now you can browse while watching for your "Now Serving" number to pop up.
Old 09-12-2011, 7:24 AM

Try parking in front of the BBQ Store, facing Hawthorne. The store really needs some type of remote control exit door at the rear of the building with a loading zone area for taking out your new purchase. Kinda of exposed, walking down a 8 lane wide street with a rifle case or a case of ammo going to your car parked around the block. But the store itself has lots of floor space and looks great.
Old 09-19-2011, 9:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ive been going to the Torrance Turners for years, and its allways been busy, I like the new store better but, Yep the parking sucks.
Some times you get lucky, I was in the the other day around 11 am and I was the only one at the counter. I knew what i wanted so it went pretty fast and the sales staff were great. But that can change fast when it gets busy,
Ive been into the old Turners, waited 30 min. just to ask a question and look at a handgun, not even a "ill be right with you" So I just gave up and left.
Unless its a really good deal, Im usually going to just look around and leave. Im glad you guys put in a tag number system.......