Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Santa Margarita Gun Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Santa Margarita Gun Club Competitive Shooting Sports for Active and Retired Military, civilians and juniors

Old 08-17-2011, 5:15 PM

Default Here it is!!!!

Hello All,

Earlier Memo posted a note alluding to a big event on the horizon; well, here it is!

SMGC is proud to announce that we will be holding the inaugural Remembering the Brave Matches for the West Coast this Veteran's Day November 11-13.

Please mark your calendars and prepare to attend and support this most important event. I can't think of a more patriotic way to spend Veteran's Day weekend than to attend and support the families and unit members of our fallen service men and women!

This is your opportunity to pay homage to our nation's heroes that in turn have paid the ultimate price to preserve our freedoms and way of life.

I highly recommend that you take the time to go to the RTB website and see what it's about if you don't know already. The trophies are breathtaking and worth the visit just to see!

Let us all show the rest of the country that the West Coast is here and ready to roll with a massive attendance.

Some of the folks that will be in attendance will be: Oliver North, Jim Land, General Scowcroft, Medal of Honor recipients, Senator William Morrow and a host of world class shooters from across the Nation.

We're working on quite the show as well, there will be all the pomp and circumstance that an event of this caliber deserves. Spectators are highly encouraged. Fees will be negligible and custom made, one of a kind, trophies will be awarded to all Match winners and be placed on permanent public display in Oceanside.

More information will be released soon, stay tuned!

Semper Fidelis,

John Hermsen, President
SMGC
Old 08-17-2011, 7:39 PM

Sounds good John, do you know the course of fire yet?

Maggot
Old 08-18-2011, 8:20 AM

Hey Maggot!

Memo and Carlos are working it out. I believe the first day will be a 50 shot NMC, after the ceremonies/displays. I also know there will be a Leg Match as well. I'll get Memo or Carlos to get a post about it up asap.

John
Old 08-18-2011, 9:31 PM

Its true Remeber the Brave foundation is a High Power Rifle match. It i currently fired in Colorado and Quantico Va. Each stage of fire is named after fallen US service members. the Families of the fallen are on hand to the thorphie name after there son/daughter.
A brief story of the fallen service member is mentioned prior to the award being handed out, to included how they gave there life for us.
I will post more info and pictures of the thopies that are used at the other locations.
please visit www.rememberingthebrave.org for more info about the foundation.

memo
Old 08-23-2011, 3:19 PM

Default UPDATE FOR RTB

Hi All,

I was premature with the announcement that RTB is a go. The Chief of Staff was briefed and now we are waiting to hear from the Base CO, thumbs up or down.

Keep your fingers crossed and I'll be sure to update you all as soon as I hear.

Sorry to give you guys the wrong dope!

John Hermsen, President
SMGC
Old 09-06-2011, 1:52 PM

Any update on this? I have a group of shooters that all want to attend! Thanks for your efforts putting this together!
Old 09-12-2011, 8:57 AM

The latest info wrt Remembering the Brave is that we will need to postpone to Spring of 2012.

As we develop the info we will be posting it to the SMGC and CalGuns SMGC websites; an announcement will also go out via e mail to all parties as soon as a date is set.

Sorry to disappoint, but we will now have adequate time to give proper notice to all interested participants and develop an outstanding event.

Thank you for your interest and I'll see you all at 29 Palms.

John Hermsen, President

SMGC
Old 09-12-2011, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHermsen View Post
The latest info wrt Remembering the Brave is that we will need to postpone to Spring of 2012.

As we develop the info we will be posting it to the SMGC and CalGuns SMGC websites; an announcement will also go out via e mail to all parties as soon as a date is set.

Sorry to disappoint, but we will now have adequate time to give proper notice to all interested participants and develop an outstanding event.

Thank you for your interest and I'll see you all at 29 Palms.

John Hermsen, President

SMGC
Keep us posted