Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 04-11-2012, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.t.singh View Post
yah I've actually ran wolf also or some bi metal stuff thats cheaper than brass, works fine. gun gets dirty but just needs some more elbow grease.

anyways I'll be at 303 this sunday with my buddy, so I'll see you guys there haha.
Are you going to the carbine 202 class on Monday? Stuck with the wife and kids this weekend. Hope to see y'all out there.

"Somewhere, Something Incredible is Waiting to be Known" -Carl Sagan

"We don’t rise to the level of our expectations – we fall to the level of our training” -Archilochus, Greek Soldier
Old 04-11-2012, 9:02 PM

hey stan,

i'm planning on being at the low-light class at asr on may 12th and possibly attend again the cat303 on may 19th. i'll send ya an email to confirm as we get closer.

gonna bring the new mossberg 930 jm pro to play. you guys there are welcome to try it if you've been considering this shotgun.
Old 04-12-2012, 4:17 PM

Btw Stan are you ever going design a TASC t shirt so we can buy it? See you Monday.

"We don’t rise to the level of our expectations – we fall to the level of our training” -Archilochus, Greek Soldier
Old 04-12-2012, 4:27 PM

Default T-shirt

Yes, on the way!

Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiescanlearn View Post
Btw Stan are you ever going design a TASC t shirt so we can buy it? See you Monday.
Old 04-12-2012, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan08 View Post
Yes, on the way!

Stan
Hopefully some sizes to fit the ladies.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 AM

So I took the ladies pistol class last Saturday. Full disclosure...I'm married to Stan. I was a bit nervous to take it because I haven't fired anything in 4 years. I was too busy having my babies Anyway, the class was a lot of fun. It was about an 8 hour class. The first few hours were lecture. It was no where near as bad as it sounds. The lecture was really informative and was more like a conversation than someone talking at you. I really enjoyed it...despite having heard most of it several times I actually learned something new as far as what my frontsight picture should look like, and using that info really helped with my shooting. Right before lunch, we dry fired. Sounds boring if you have never done it, but it's pretty necessary for good, accurate shooting. After lunch, a bit more dry fire, then the drills began. None of the drills were new to me. Every one we did, I would think to myself, 'This is my favorite'. Then we'd do another one, and I'd think "This is my favorite". Needless to say, the drills were really enjoyable and, while keeping my new nugget of wisdom regarding frontsight picture in mind, they were effective, too. We did a lot of shooting in the last few hours. Tons of fun.

Anyway, bottom line, I enjoyed meeting some fun ladies and doing a lot of shooting. I hope this (admittedly) biased AAR was somewhat helpful.
Old 04-16-2012, 2:59 PM

Just took Stan's 303 finally with my good buddy and man was it a freaking blast. I do realize a few of us take a lot of Stan's classes, and in some cases it may be better if we coordinated and took one all together instead of 2 by 2's or one by ones. For example, there were only 2 of us, but how bad *** if there were like 4 or 8 of us talking guns or running full fire team, etc etc...

It would be pretty bad ***.

Anyways the class was really fun. I think we have gotten to the point where we are just bored with the AR platform so we try to find way's to make it interesting. My friend ran an Arsenal and I ran an AR Pistol (7.5" Noveske Diplomat).

Stan at first laughed, but the gun ran beautifully. I ran the pistol with a sling and Aimpoint. The trade odd for a buttstock was super mobility, a lightweight platform (6Lbs w/magazine) and really easy to get on target. I hated how in other classes with a 16" barrel, the gun would get in the way etc. With a 7.5 the thing was tiny! Transition drills were too easy! Plus it was accurate just fine at 50Meters.

Anyways... Pics!
Stan with the AR pistol trying it out

Stan with my buddies side arm... the Deagle!

Old 04-16-2012, 3:03 PM

Oh yah, favorite part about writing the after action report on classes... the gear failure list! I never realized how awesome gun companies customer service departments were until Stan's classes. I've called literally all of them at one point or another to get my stuff fixed....

Anyways stuff that broke in Stan's Class...
- My watch strap ripped off... I don't know how...
- My Diplomat had a few failure to fires. I realized after going home that it was caused by the Timney trigger. Called them and they are replacing my spring.
- Aimpoint dot vanished a few times, but I realized it was cuz the battery compartment wasn't sitting right. Found that on the forumns.

Good news was everything else that failed before that I fixed was working great. After taking all the 101's I finally figured to use a knee pad. It really worked great, my knees feel awesome.

Old 04-16-2012, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayaku View Post
hey stan,

i'm planning on being at the low-light class at asr on may 12th and possibly attend again the cat303 on may 19th. i'll send ya an email to confirm as we get closer.

gonna bring the new mossberg 930 jm pro to play. you guys there are welcome to try it if you've been considering this shotgun.
badass! I was bout to buy a 930SPX till I saw the JM Pro. I'm waiting for the store's in SD to get one so I can grab one. Debating between the 22" or the 24" though.

Old 04-17-2012, 7:48 AM

Quote:
badass! I was bout to buy a 930SPX till I saw the JM Pro. I'm waiting for the store's in SD to get one so I can grab one. Debating between the 22" or the 24" though.
hey man,

i have a thread in the shotgun forum going to detail more info on it. i just picked it up yesterday and playing around with it. definitely get the jm pro over the spx. lots of internal upgrades i've noticed. probably hit the range in the next couple of days to break it in so it's ready for stan's classes.

i was there at the first 303 class and we had a good sized group and yes, it was badass! i know several of us loved that last drill. hoping for another large sized group so the fire teams are nicely sized.

good idea on grouping our practice sessions. i'll post up whenever i can make a class in advance so we can get larger training sessions going.

-adam
Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
Hopefully some sizes to fit the ladies.
Stan. They're call mini T's.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Just took Stan's 303 finally with my good buddy and man was it a freaking blast. I do realize a few of us take a lot of Stan's classes, and in some cases it may be better if we coordinated and took one all together instead of 2 by 2's or one by ones. For example, there were only 2 of us, but how bad *** if there were like 4 or 8 of us talking guns or running full fire team, etc etc...

It would be pretty bad ***.
I just took Stan's Carbine 202 class on Monday and there were only two of us. I had a great time, but you're right, There has to be a way where us regular students can coordinate with Stan.

Any ideas Stan?

In my case, I got five other guys at the office to agree on a date for a class and worked it out with Stan. I'm not sure how we could do something like that for the rest of the calgunners who are Stan's regular students.

There were 7 students when I took the Carbine 303 and we kept on running that last drill until we were out of ammo. Good times. Good times.

Old 04-17-2012, 1:50 PM

Quote:

There were 7 students when I took the Carbine 303 and we kept on running that last drill until we were out of ammo. Good times. Good times.
haha the "roundhouse kick" of all the drills! i think these drills would be so much more interesting with an actual 4 person squad then just 2 by 2's. Maybe if some of the vets from the class get together Stan might actually feel safe enough to let us try.

Old 04-17-2012, 2:00 PM

Quote:
haha the "roundhouse kick" of all the drills! i think these drills would be so much more interesting with an actual 4 person squad then just 2 by 2's. Maybe if some of the vets from the class get together Stan might actually feel safe enough to let us try.
Stan will definitely let you do it in a team of 4 if he thinks you're ready. We did it. Fun stuff.

Old 04-17-2012, 2:17 PM

Hey Guys, glad you all enjoyed the training. The short answer to coordinating the classes is let me know since I have everyones contact info. Also, I will hitting gunshows and tradeshows to get more business so hopefully we'll increase attendance.
Old 04-17-2012, 5:55 PM

Quote:

So how did you like AR pistol Stan? I always thought they were funny looking. How did it handle?

Old 04-17-2012, 6:25 PM

Default AR pistol

Quote:
So how did you like AR pistol Stan? I always thought they were funny looking. How did it handle?
It was extremely light and handy to shoot with. Very fun.

You know, if you made a plastic pad that had a shallow impression in it and mounted said pad on the strong side of your go-to vest or rig to place the buffer tube against, the AR-15 pistol would have a definite advantage. Not sure of the legality, I'm sure it isn't illegal to have a "pistol" contact your shoulder. A pistol may not have a stock, but an AR pistol has a buffer tube and your go-to rig happens to have a stock stop on it, just saying...
Old 04-18-2012, 4:33 PM

Rifle and Pistol classes this weekend!
Old 04-20-2012, 3:51 PM

Rifle and Pistol classes this weekend!
Old 04-24-2012, 3:45 PM

CAT 303, Rifle and Pistol classes this weekend!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
CAT 303, Rifle and Pistol classes this weekend!
Nice!

Low 80's predicted as well, should be awesome.

GO for 303. Any of you CalGunners gonna be there Sunday?
Old 04-26-2012, 1:14 PM

Default Tasc

I will be there this Sunday at CAT 303. Bringing the REPR 16" for a test drive!
Old 04-29-2012, 5:53 AM

BTT
Old 04-30-2012, 2:47 PM

Thank you for a great class in CAT303 yesterday Stan!

Greatly appreciate your help with the equipment, and truly enjoyed the opportunity learning more about team fire and movement!

Will look forward to additonal training and skilbuilding with you in the future, and hope to bring my step-son up this summer (his schedule permitting).

Nice meeting a couple of your other repeat customers too. Nice shooting and training with you guys!

Best,
Ken
Old 05-02-2012, 6:09 AM

BTT!
Old 05-05-2012, 6:43 PM

Workshops tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday!
Old 05-08-2012, 4:18 PM

pistol 101, 202 and low light class at ASR this saturday 5-12.

i'm going to try to make it to 202 (may be late) and will definitely be there for low light! who's going?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM

Heading out to Pistol 101 this Sunday at Prado.
Old 05-11-2012, 8:23 AM

We'll be there Sunday as well. Super excited for this.
Old 05-12-2012, 8:08 PM

Just did Pistol 101 this morning. Awesome class. Thanks Stan and cannot wait for 202!
Old 05-15-2012, 8:28 PM

Did the carbine and pistol 101's on Mothers day with a buddy and I had a really good time. After taking your instruction to heart I feel much better about my abilities now. Must get permission for the 202's now. Thanks for a great class Stan
Ray
Old 05-15-2012, 8:28 PM

Did the carbine and pistol 101's on Mothers day with a buddy and I had a really good time. After taking your instruction to heart I feel much better about my abilities now. Must get permission for the 202's now. Thanks for a great class Stan
Ray
Old 05-22-2012, 7:03 PM

BTT
Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 PM

Stan,
Had a great time at the class this weekend! I will definitely be back for more.

Eric R
Old 05-23-2012, 1:50 PM

Are you planning on doing Saturday day classes at Angeles again?
Old 05-23-2012, 6:47 PM

Default Angeles Range Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesundheit View Post
Are you planning on doing Saturday day classes at Angeles again?
For June I have @ ASR:

June 2012

(ASR) Pistol Skill Builder Workshop: Monday, 4 June 2012 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm $75.00
(ASR) Rifle/Carbine Skill Builder Workshop: Monday, 4 June 2012 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm $75.00

(ASR) Pistol 101: Saturday, 9 June 2012 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm $75.00
(ASR) Pistol 202: Saturday, 9 June 2012 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm $75.00

(ASR) Rifle/Carbine 101: Sunday, 17 June 2012 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm $75.00
(ASR) Rifle/Carbine 202 & Shotgun 202: Sunday, 17 June 2012 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm $75.00

(ASR) Pistol Skill Builder Workshop: Monday, 25 June 2012 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm $75.00
(ASR) Rifle/Carbine Skill Builder Workshop: Monday, 25 June 2012 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm $75.00

(ASR) Rifle/Carbine 101: Friday, 29 June 2012 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm $75.00
(ASR) Pistol 101: Friday, 29 June 2012 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm $75.00

The remainder of the year to follow...
Old 05-23-2012, 7:48 PM

Thanks
Old 05-30-2012, 11:53 AM

Ladies Class retasked as Pistol 101 and Pistol Skillbuilder this Sunday 3 June.
Pistol & Rifle Skill Builder Workshop this Monday 4 June.
Old 06-05-2012, 2:17 PM

Pistol @ Raahagues Saturday. Shotgun 101, 202 and RC 202 @ Prado Sunday. Skill builder workshops @ Prado Monday.
Old 06-05-2012, 4:11 PM

Quote:
... Skill builder workshops @ Prado Monday.
Hi Stan,

If I can get up there Monday afternoon could we do a quick BZO run for my new upper (with the TRS-25 red dot)? If not, no worries, I can run my irons, pending my escape from San Diego. Will advise.

Thanks!
Ken