|Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Carbine-II: The Operator 9/11/16 (Sun) Los Angeles Area
Prerequisite: Carbine-I & Pistol-I module (Pistol-2(A) is highly recommended) or Equivalent
What: Carbine-II: "The Operator"
When: Sept. 11th, 2016 (#160911C2)
Where: Angeles Shooting Range in Lake View Terrace, CA (Eagles Nest "C")
Ammo: Must bring own 350-400 rifle rounds (minimum) & 100 pistol rounds
This 1-day carbine training course will build on the foundation skills developed in Carbine-I to develop aggressive carbine handling skills during tactical deployment of the rifle for personal protection and home defense.
The Operator course is designed to build on the foundations taught in Carbine-I course. The shooters will develop critical skills needed in both fundamental and advanced shooting in a variety of situations including concepts of dominating the weapon, threat and all visual areas during dynamic action will be emphasized throughout the course. Students will develop reflexive gun-handling skills that will enable them to quickly and efficiently engage threats. This course is designed to challenge the student's skill levels beyond the basics and introduces the student to deployment techniques that are critical for both law enforcement application and personal/home defense.
Subject Matters: (Subject may change)
• Firearms training safety review
• Zero/Sight-In session
• Principals of personal defense
• Rapid deployment methodology and concepts.
• Mental conditioning and combat mindset
• Application of Elements of Marksmanship
• Loading / unloading the patrol rifle
• Magazine reload: administrative, tactical and speed (Use of bullet button is addressed)
• Review use of tactical sling systems
• Reloading (bullet button)
• Identifying & Clearing malfunction
• Presentation from low ready, high ready and indoor ready positions
• Threat assessment and area scanning
• Use of the flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment
• Transition to secondary weapon system
• Engaging multiple threats
• Shooting on the move
• Close Quarter Battle (CQB) techniques
• Failure Drills
• Introduction to tactical speed shooting concepts
• Weapon retention issues
• Combat qualification course
"Stay in the Fight"
Last edited by TAC-1; 08-31-2016 at 10:24 PM..