|Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
USPSA Grand Master Steve Anderson at the Richmond Hotshots Range in September
Steve is coming out for two classes in Sept 20/21 and 22/23
8 people per class.
Cost is 400.00
You need to be a "C" shooter or better in USPSA
This is not a beginners class.
Outline is below
1. Welcome speech, Hot range, safety warning. I care about your shooting more than my own.
2. Sample Stage
3. Dry fire tune up
4. Shoot Groups
b. Strong hand
c. Weak Hand
d. Shoot one handed every time you practice!
5. Timing drill. What is the dot /sight actually doing?
6. Call the shot at 30-45 ft.
7. Fire an accurate shot at
e. Talk about 5 different vision levels
8. 6 reload 6/el prez
9. Transitions: 3 large steel targets, lines at 21 and 30 feet. Cadence metronome
10. Wide transitions. Look to target, bring gun. 2 wide steel targets
11. Shoot Early, Leave Early
12. Entries, exits. Face box. Two boxes, two targets at 21 feet.
a. Pick up foot while shooting t1
b. Shoot on one foot while shooting t2
c. Outside foot in first.
d. Repeat with steel
e. Talk about leaving on steel.
Box to box torture
Shoulder to shoulder torture
13. Principles of Running with a gun. Hold it high, you canít shoot it until you can see it.
a. Itís not how fast you get there, itís how fast the gun gets there.
14. Drag race drill:
a. Come out hard. EXPLODE
Drag race 1: 1 shot to steel, accuracy mode
Drag race 2: 2 shots to paper, speed mode
Drag race 3: 2 to paper, 1 to steel, shot calling mode
15. The way to shoot uspsa mini lecture.
16. Shooting on the move:
Walk the cones: 1 steel, in accuracy mode. Must have 100% to know time
Walk the cones: 3 paper in speed mode.
All alphas or else.
Rolling through 3 targets
17. Break: mental game lecture Basshamís 3 circles.
Your brain doesnít know the difference between whatís in it and what you want. Your brain manifests whatever is in it.
Your subconscious mind delivers your current level of skill t serve whatever is on your mind, good bad or nothing.
Positive Affirmation: I love to find my sights, and Iím getting better everyday
Your favorite thing about shooting, a true statement about your development.
17 . General PRINCIPLES OF STAGE ANALYSIS.
A to b, start to finish
Only go where you need to go, nowhere else
Find every target first
Plan reload next
Burn it in, make a movie
Visualize it until you shoot
If you canít see the entire stage in fine detail, you are not ready to shoot.
PLAY, Fast forward, Pause, Play: NEVER push stop
18. Mini stage.
b. Visualize, and then commit to calling shots.
19. Summary lecture. 3 modes of practice.
a. A mistake can ONLY be laughed at or ignored or both. Those are the only options.
b. Speed, where accuracy is not judged
c. Accuracy, where speed is not judged
d. Shooting, where the goal is to call every shot
20. Match mindset: Call every shot, devoid of emotion or judgment.
At LAMR: I am here to call every shot.