Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-12-2011, 5:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Proof that 2nd Amendment = first freedom

An old cliche is that the Second Amendment is the one that guarantees all the others.

Evidence of that comes from the United Kingdom, whence we read:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...otest-network/
Following the shocking riots in Britain this week, Prime Minister David Cameron told Parliament his government is looking into whether social media services should be shut down when there's unrest.
Hmmm.... haven't we seen that somewhere else?

Egypt:
http://www.mobiledia.com/news/100780.html
and
http://www.eweekeurope.co.uk/news/vo...boration-35235

And if this doesn't sound like "guns don't kill people, people kill people," then I don't know what does -- even though they printed it, the left media will never make the connection.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/12...ts-people-did/

But most of all, the British "don't get" the overriding fact that these riots were made possible in large part because they willingly gave up their guns, their rights, and abrogated all responsibility for protection of life and property to (an obviously incompetent) police force. Right now, the Brits are "proud" of the fact that their riots had fewer dead than the Los Angeles riots. Because they have (almost) no guns.

That's my soapbox and I'm sticking to it.
Old 08-12-2011, 5:40 PM

I think they needed a few deaths early on. Thuggery can only be dealt with by applying overwhelming force. British cops have no balls; neutered by the lawmakers little by little to the point where they worry about unmasking someone with a hoodie on to see who they are. God forbid they should unleash bean bags, rubber bullets, and water cannons!
Old 08-12-2011, 5:48 PM

Do you suppose the want to shut down the social media because of what happened in Egypt?
Old 08-12-2011, 6:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi357 View Post
Do you suppose the want to shut down the social media because of what happened in Egypt?
You may be onto something there.

First, they lost the Colonies.

Then they lost World War II (you don't think they did? ever drive a postwar English car?), India, most of Africa, and a bunch of other little places around the globe.

However they kept the Falklands (which I suspect was all a clever trick by the Argies).

If there's one more revolution in the Disunited Kingdom, where will the ruling class rule? Who would give Prince Charles and Lady Porkbowl asylum?
Old 08-12-2011, 6:39 PM

Hey look no further than your own borders:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ll-switch.html
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...y-reasons.html

Even Obama & co started eyeing this new level of control. Whether or not that bill could/would actually pass is irrelevant, the only thing I need to see is that he would want to do it in the first place. That tells me enough.
Yellowfin: The 2A in its true intent of what it protects can be summed up in one word: parity. Self defense means self defense from ANYTHING, and parity is being on level playing field with whatever threat may be.
Old 08-12-2011, 7:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by proclone1 View Post
Hey look no further than your own borders:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ll-switch.html
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...y-reasons.html

Even Obama & co started eyeing this new level of control. Whether or not that bill could/would actually pass is irrelevant, the only thing I need to see is that he would want to do it in the first place. That tells me enough.
Oh yes. No surprise at all there. The Ruling Class is the Ruling Class. Western rulers have more in common with China's rulers than with the people who "elected" them.
Old 08-12-2011, 7:08 PM
Calguns Addict

The sad thing about the British situation is that there are plenty of people there who realize what they've lost along with the right to bear arms.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ni...efore-looting/

(The writer is a British correspondent based in Washington -- so he's been exposed to a different perspective on guns).
Old 08-13-2011, 7:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighere View Post
I think they needed a few deaths early on. Thuggery can only be dealt with by applying overwhelming force. British cops have no balls; neutered by the lawmakers little by little to the point where they worry about unmasking someone with a hoodie on to see who they are. God forbid they should unleash bean bags, rubber bullets, and water cannons!
Robin Williams on British police: "Stop it at once , or - - - I'll say stop it again!"
Old 08-13-2011, 7:57 AM

Didn't the riot start over police shooting someone?

The government likely said, just stand there and look like you are doing something and let those fools burn and destroy their own neighborhoods. Why would the government care if their subjects kill and destroy themselves? They still have plenty of human resources.
Old 08-13-2011, 8:30 AM
Veteran Member

It happened here already, and recently:

http://battlefieldamerica.wordpress....san-francisco/

Quote:
By PAUL ELIAS – Associated Press 8-13-11

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Transit officials said Friday that they blocked cellphone reception in San Francisco train stations for three hours to disrupt planned demonstrations over a police shooting.

Officials with the Bay Area Rapid Transit system, better known as BART, said they turned off electricity to cellular towers in four stations from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday. The move was made after BART learned that protesters planned to use mobile devices to coordinate a demonstration on train platforms.

The Second Amendment is the one right that is so fundamental that the inability to exercise it, should the need arise, would render all other rights null and void. Dead people have no rights.
Magna est veritas et praevalebit
Old 08-13-2011, 2:33 PM

Wonder if BART can be sued? Aside from the obvious 1st Amendment issues, I would think that maybe the cell phone companies can start a class-action suit as well, since they did disrupt service for their paying customers. Not to mention, don't they pay to be able to have those towers there?
Old 08-13-2011, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wernher von Browning View Post
You may be onto something there.

First, they lost the Colonies.

Then they lost World War II (you don't think they did? ever drive a postwar English car?), India, most of Africa, and a bunch of other little places around the globe.

However they kept the Falklands (which I suspect was all a clever trick by the Argies).

If there's one more revolution in the Disunited Kingdom, where will the ruling class rule? Who would give Prince Charles and Lady Porkbowl asylum?

Range Rovers are British as are Jaguars. And yes I have driven post WWII cars although I did live in England for three years thanks to Uncle Sam. While England does have its issues lets be realistic right now so does the USA. Here is the deal the rioting that is happening now is about akin to what happens when the stupid anarchists do the same here. It went from the original issue the person being shot by police there to thugs just out for what they can get and damage what they cannot.
Old 08-13-2011, 2:47 PM

Great Britain...where victims have even fewer rights than victims in the United States and in fact are often and regularly incarcerated for defending themselves while the criminal is either released or placed on summary probation.
Welcome to the Crown's Justice.
Old 08-13-2011, 4:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylaGWolf View Post
Range Rovers are British as are Jaguars.
I rest my case...

I have driven a handful of new Jaguars (not my own, thankfully). Each had some quirky but serious fault that should never have gotten past final inspection. I have worked on a friend's XJ and marveled at the stupidity of some of its "engineering." Like, running exhaust pipes right past the (inboard, no less -- why, on a boring sedan?) brake calipers. So to bleed the brakes you basically have to remove the exhaust. Freaking brilliant, old chap. I told the guy no hard feelings but I never want to see the underside of that abortion again. His "fine motacah" needed a head gasket and valve job about every two years.

BTW neither company is British-owned anymore. Both now owned by an Indian corporation.