Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-10-2011, 4:07 PM
ron1950's Avatar
ron1950 ron1950 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 210
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Default Hunter Education

I went to get a hunting license today (not at Turners) and was informed that I needed to complete a hunter education course since this would be my first license.

I did a lot of research and found that some of the course can be taken online but at least 4 hours of the course must be taken in person.

Then my troubles began.....

My further research found that there is no place in Los Angeles County or Ventura County and only one place in Orange County and Santa Barbara County (and that one is only with 3 persons signed up).

If Turners would somehow participate in making this course reasonably available to those of us in the counties mentioned above I think it would be a great service to your target market and go a long way to cement your standing within the shooting community.

Perhaps a salesperson could conduct a class once per month and perhaps you could allow use of your store or something like that. I know logistics are tough especially in store environments but if you could do something to facilitate this class it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-10-2011, 7:00 PM
xBEEFEDGEx's Avatar
xBEEFEDGEx xBEEFEDGEx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 52
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I'm kind of in the same boat, I'm going to get my license within the month. Been doing research on it, came across this list of locations that can do it - This may help

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes.aspx

happy hunting
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-10-2011, 7:49 PM
chknlyps2's Avatar
chknlyps2 chknlyps2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Out in the sticks
Posts: 2,600
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBEEFEDGEx View Post
I'm kind of in the same boat, I'm going to get my license within the month. Been doing research on it, came across this list of locations that can do it - This may help

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes.aspx

happy hunting
Boy, thats an informative first post..... Welcome to Calguns! Thats the same list I found (it would be nice if Turners was on it) and I have my son signed up for a 4 hr class in a week and a half. He is almost done with the online part. I did see a few classes listed for Los Angeles and Ventura County's.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-10-2011, 7:52 PM
ElvenSoul's Avatar
ElvenSoul ElvenSoul is offline
Free at Last!
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 15,132
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Don't worry you will see more classes come avail as it gets closer to Sept. Everyone seems to wait to the last minute on these things.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-11-2011, 9:26 AM
xBEEFEDGEx's Avatar
xBEEFEDGEx xBEEFEDGEx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 52
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
Boy, thats an informative first post..... Welcome to Calguns! Thats the same list I found (it would be nice if Turners was on it) and I have my son signed up for a 4 hr class in a week and a half. He is almost done with the online part. I did see a few classes listed for Los Angeles and Ventura County's.
Haha thanks! Yeah I've been lurking long enough.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-11-2011, 2:29 PM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,625
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
I went to get a hunting license today (not at Turners) and was informed that I needed to complete a hunter education course since this would be my first license.

I did a lot of research and found that some of the course can be taken online but at least 4 hours of the course must be taken in person.

Then my troubles began.....

My further research found that there is no place in Los Angeles County or Ventura County and only one place in Orange County and Santa Barbara County (and that one is only with 3 persons signed up).

If Turners would somehow participate in making this course reasonably available to those of us in the counties mentioned above I think it would be a great service to your target market and go a long way to cement your standing within the shooting community.

Perhaps a salesperson could conduct a class once per month and perhaps you could allow use of your store or something like that. I know logistics are tough especially in store environments but if you could do something to facilitate this class it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We've offered sign-ups in our store for 20 years+ for the Hunter Safety Course at Raahauge's in Norco. Customer's can sign up and prepay at the Turner's nearest them and choose the date that's most convenient. They offer a one-day course and now they are offering the follow-up course to the internet option and they offer more classes as we get closer to the dove opener and right before the waterfowl/upland openers.

Unfortunately, it's a long haul for folks north of LA or down in SD County. We've got a few ideas; we'll see what we can do to fill that gap.


Here is the link to our page with more info.

Turner's Outdoorsman/Raahauge's Hunter Safety Courses
__________________


18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest Now Open

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Our Weekly Ad |
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2011, 9:39 AM
ron1950's Avatar
ron1950 ron1950 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 210
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
Boy, thats an informative first post..... Welcome to Calguns! Thats the same list I found (it would be nice if Turners was on it) and I have my son signed up for a 4 hr class in a week and a half. He is almost done with the online part. I did see a few classes listed for Los Angeles and Ventura County's.
Here is what I was looking at on the same website. For the 4 hour followup to the online course there is nothing in LA County and nothing good for Santa Barbara or Orange County.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes-home-study.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Anchors's Avatar
Anchors Anchors is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 5,927
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

I'm also wanting to learn about hunting. I need to look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBEEFEDGEx View Post
I'm kind of in the same boat, I'm going to get my license within the month. Been doing research on it, came across this list of locations that can do it - This may help

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes.aspx

happy hunting
Another straight edge calgunner?
Nice.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-14-2011, 1:40 AM
xBEEFEDGEx's Avatar
xBEEFEDGEx xBEEFEDGEx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 52
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAnchors View Post
Another straight edge calgunner?
Nice.
There are others? We're a pretty rare breed now adays hah.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:44 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.