Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 4:07 PM

Default Hunter Education

I went to get a hunting license today (not at Turners) and was informed that I needed to complete a hunter education course since this would be my first license.

I did a lot of research and found that some of the course can be taken online but at least 4 hours of the course must be taken in person.

Then my troubles began.....

My further research found that there is no place in Los Angeles County or Ventura County and only one place in Orange County and Santa Barbara County (and that one is only with 3 persons signed up).

If Turners would somehow participate in making this course reasonably available to those of us in the counties mentioned above I think it would be a great service to your target market and go a long way to cement your standing within the shooting community.

Perhaps a salesperson could conduct a class once per month and perhaps you could allow use of your store or something like that. I know logistics are tough especially in store environments but if you could do something to facilitate this class it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 7:00 PM

I'm kind of in the same boat, I'm going to get my license within the month. Been doing research on it, came across this list of locations that can do it - This may help

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes.aspx

happy hunting
Old 08-10-2011, 7:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBEEFEDGEx View Post
I'm kind of in the same boat, I'm going to get my license within the month. Been doing research on it, came across this list of locations that can do it - This may help

happy hunting
Boy, thats an informative first post..... Welcome to Calguns! Thats the same list I found (it would be nice if Turners was on it) and I have my son signed up for a 4 hr class in a week and a half. He is almost done with the online part. I did see a few classes listed for Los Angeles and Ventura County's.
Old 08-10-2011, 7:52 PM
Free at Last!
CGN Contributor

Don't worry you will see more classes come avail as it gets closer to Sept. Everyone seems to wait to the last minute on these things.
Old 08-11-2011, 9:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
Boy, thats an informative first post..... Welcome to Calguns! Thats the same list I found (it would be nice if Turners was on it) and I have my son signed up for a 4 hr class in a week and a half. He is almost done with the online part. I did see a few classes listed for Los Angeles and Ventura County's.
Haha thanks! Yeah I've been lurking long enough.
Old 08-11-2011, 2:29 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
I went to get a hunting license today (not at Turners) and was informed that I needed to complete a hunter education course since this would be my first license.

I did a lot of research and found that some of the course can be taken online but at least 4 hours of the course must be taken in person.

Then my troubles began.....

My further research found that there is no place in Los Angeles County or Ventura County and only one place in Orange County and Santa Barbara County (and that one is only with 3 persons signed up).

If Turners would somehow participate in making this course reasonably available to those of us in the counties mentioned above I think it would be a great service to your target market and go a long way to cement your standing within the shooting community.

Perhaps a salesperson could conduct a class once per month and perhaps you could allow use of your store or something like that. I know logistics are tough especially in store environments but if you could do something to facilitate this class it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We've offered sign-ups in our store for 20 years+ for the Hunter Safety Course at Raahauge's in Norco. Customer's can sign up and prepay at the Turner's nearest them and choose the date that's most convenient. They offer a one-day course and now they are offering the follow-up course to the internet option and they offer more classes as we get closer to the dove opener and right before the waterfowl/upland openers.

Unfortunately, it's a long haul for folks north of LA or down in SD County. We've got a few ideas; we'll see what we can do to fill that gap.

Here is the link to our page with more info.

Turner's Outdoorsman/Raahauge's Hunter Safety Courses

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest Now Open

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Our Weekly Ad |
Old 08-12-2011, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
Here is what I was looking at on the same website. For the 4 hour followup to the online course there is nothing in LA County and nothing good for Santa Barbara or Orange County.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes-home-study.aspx
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm also wanting to learn about hunting. I need to look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBEEFEDGEx View Post

happy hunting
Another straight edge calgunner?
Nice.
Old 09-14-2011, 1:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAnchors View Post
Another straight edge calgunner?
Nice.
There are others? We're a pretty rare breed now adays hah.