Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 08-08-2011, 9:43 PM

Location: As far away from Obama fan boys as I could get and still be in CA
Default Supervisor hates ur *** & vows to impede advancement

wat do?

4006 TSW, 1950 Model 17-3, M&P Bodyguard .380 w/CT
Old 08-08-2011, 9:47 PM
Veteran Member

ouch no fun

I know really nothing about what I believe to be the coast guard
Is it possible to transfer to a different unit?
Old 08-08-2011, 9:50 PM

Location: As far away from Obama fan boys as I could get and still be in CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjkearns View Post
ouch no fun

I know really nothing about what I believe to be the coast guard
Is it possible to transfer to a different unit?
Transfer to different unit = possible

Submit OCS application = more possible (I enlisted w/grad degree)

4006 TSW, 1950 Model 17-3, M&P Bodyguard .380 w/CT
Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 PM

Is he also your rater? If so, request a different one; you should always try to resolve the issue at the lowest level and explain to your supervisor that even if you hate oneanother, that your personal relationship should not effect your professional one. If that doesn't work you can always talk with your first sergeant or even your commander. You better have some serious issues if you talk with your commander though.

This all depends on what you've done though. Don't take any offence, but if you've seriously ****ed up in some way, then it might be deserved. If none of the above can resolves your issues, you can ultimatly go to MEO or the IG. That is of course, a last resort. You will be the one in trouble if you completly bypass the chain of command without working your way up.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Transfer to different unit = possible

Submit OCS application = more possible (I enlisted w/grad degree)
Go officer bro
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Request Mast, complain, go on light duty, end up the company clerk/
Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member

extra floor wax buffed extra well right in front of his door?

Seriously though, I had a situation like that, ended up transferring to a new unit.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:08 PM

Go up the chain of command, but like a previous poster said; try and resolve everything from the lowest point possible and do quick self-analysis to see if what's going on here is deserved on your part. It may not be a permanent problem.
Old 08-09-2011, 2:18 PM

Chaplains are also good. They tend to be able to get issues resolved without paperwork.
Old 08-09-2011, 2:23 PM
Calguns Addict

WTS: Gun stuff & things
Old 08-09-2011, 3:03 PM
Veteran Member

OCS would be the most practical solution if it is that bad. The other options are to wait for the PCS of one of you or reassignment to a different section.

OIF 07-09 Veteran
NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member
Old 08-09-2011, 3:57 PM
Calguns Addict

The only reason I would impede advancement or have any negative feelings for one of my Troopers is because he was a sh*tbag. Be in the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform and do your job and you wont get skull drug to the woodline.

In short.

Maybe its you?
Old 08-09-2011, 4:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavTrooper View Post
The only reason I would impede advancement or have any negative feelings for one of my Troopers is because he was a sh*tbag. Be in the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform and do your job and you wont get skull drug to the woodline.

In short.

Maybe its you?
Thats the way it should be, and is most of the time, but unfortunately its not, I know my old unit was not like that, had to be in the "in crowd" to get any schools or promotions beyond SPC.
Old 08-09-2011, 6:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah02 View Post
OCS would be the most practical solution if it is that bad. The other options are to wait for the PCS of one of you or reassignment to a different section.
OCS is not the most practical solution.. Far from it. OCS is not easy to get accepted into. Now, if you were already planning on applying for OCS, then go ahead. How much longer do you have at your unit? How much longer does your supervisor have at the unit? What paygrade are you and what is your supervisor?

If my supervisor was being unfair to me, I'd go to my Senior Chief.. if that didn't work, I'd go above.. maybe talk to the CMC.

How is your supervisor holding up your advancement? Giving you a mark of "not recommended"? If so, what is the reason they are giving?

Oh, and I don't see how transferring to a new unit is possible at all.. unless you are being harassed or something, but even then, I doubt it.
Old 08-11-2011, 7:49 AM

Seriously been here done this with the CG, talk to the senior enlisted advisor and explain everything that is going on, if your truthful and upfront they will back you 100% All I can say is good luck to you and honestly I would also read the policy manual to see if what their doing is wrong and that will help you also, otherwise try to transfer or see if you can be moved into another division like engeneering, ops, boats whatev temporarily to escape the wrath of the supervisor in question
Old 08-11-2011, 9:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracentral View Post
Seriously been here done this with the CG, talk to the senior enlisted advisor and explain everything that is going on, if your truthful and upfront they will back you 100% All I can say is good luck to you and honestly I would also read the policy manual to see if what their doing is wrong and that will help you also, otherwise try to transfer or see if you can be moved into another division like engeneering, ops, boats whatev temporarily to escape the wrath of the supervisor in question
"Uh, my boss hates me and is holding up my advancement".. "oh crap, call the detailer, you're getting transferred asap!".. Doesn't really work that way.

Now, if you are being sexually harrassed or something similiar, that's a different story.
Old 08-11-2011, 9:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
wat do?
I know nothing about your situation or you and do not take this as a personal attack.

Do you talk like you type? Is this a serious question? If so your professionalism is seriously lacking and I wouldn't advance you either. You are asking for career advice in thi fashion? If one of my employees acted in this fashion I would fire them on the spot and they are well aware of it. You are a reflection of your company/unit/branch (whatever it may be) and if you want to advance you have to earn it.

Ur? Wat? These are words? In what language?

Maybe you can expound on the situation?

Quote:
"Justice Sotomayor, states may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional."
- Gura