Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 10:05 AM
l337sponge l337sponge is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Glendale
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default In Iraq... Private Party Transfer... how

Not completely positive if this is the right place for this, however.

After researching as much as I could I have a question.

I have a friend that is trying to sell 2 handguns and 2 rifles. I would like to purchase these weapons, however I am currently deployed in Iraq. Do I just need to wait till I get home to get the paperwork done, however that is done... or is there someway I can do that now? Through an FFL? Some how have a family member hold on to it? I'm completely lost and looking for some help.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:21 AM
rero360 rero360 is offline
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 11 / 100%

That is an interesting question, I don't rightfully know. If you have someone set up with PoA, that might help, I know when I was deployed I had my parents send my one rifle off to Hart to have them install a barrel, had it set up so everything was ordered and delivered so the rifle was ready to go when I came home. But that was in NY and I know the laws are a bit different state to state.

I would imagine if its possible, you would need to fill out and sign the 4473 and send it in to the FFL, they process it and after the 10 days your PoA goes and picks up the guns.

That is just my SWAG, so take it for what its worth, not a whole lot. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your tour.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 4:30 PM
dustoff31 dustoff31 is offline
Calguns Addict
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,195
iTrader: 0 / 0%

You could have a family member buy them now, through an FFL (AKA PPT) and they could then PPT or intrafamily transfer to you when you get back. It'll will cost a little more in fees, but at least you can be sure it gets done.
"Did I say "republic?" By God, yes, I said "republic!" Long live the glorious republic of the United States of America. Damn democracy. It is a fraudulent term used, often by ignorant persons but no less often by intellectual fakers, to describe an infamous mixture of socialism, miscegenation, graft, confiscation of property and denial of personal rights to individuals whose virtuous principles make them offensive." - Westbrook Pegler
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host., the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.