Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-09-2007, 1:43 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
Default Experience with Kimber Polymer on Israel Bul 5 frame?

Anyone here have any experience with the Kimber "Polymer Custom" 1911 style pistol that is build on the Israel BUL 5 frame? This is a the double stack mag version that came out in the mid-late 90s.
"The cat is out of the bag. We cannot buy back all of the series clones. We do not want to allow registration, so I think we're stuck with SB 23 being the vehicle to regulate them" ---- Dep. Attorney General A. Merrilees writes to Brady Center on May 15, 2006 @ 11:22 am

Last edited by Hunter; 01-09-2007 at 3:22 PM..
Old 01-09-2007, 6:59 PM
Veteran Member

I have a bul impact which is a cz clone. It is well made and accurate. As for the bul M5 the only thing I can tell you about is the mags are expensive, $65 a piece. I wouldn't even know if you could get 10 rounders. I also heard that you could change the mag catch then you would be able to use para ordnance mags. Mark

Last edited by railroader; 01-09-2007 at 7:14 PM..
Old 01-09-2007, 7:53 PM
Veteran Member

Not trying to put down your selection but I was very interested in that same pistol when it was availibe. The problem as I understand it when I talked to a Kimber rep. along time ago was that the frames were coming apart from the metal frame that the polymer was bonded to. Kimber had too many problems with Bull and it took they some time to develop their own.
Old 01-09-2007, 8:24 PM

I have one of those Kimber Polymer Stainless guns built on a Bul frame. Never had any problems with mine.