Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 07-25-2011, 7:08 AM

Default .308 Armalite barrels and bolts on DPMS bolt carrier and uppers?

I have heard of people using the Armalite .308 barrels and bolts on .308 DPMS pattern bolt carriers and uppers but has anybody here actually done it?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 AM

I have a noveske barrel and a armalite bolt and BCG in a dpms pattern rifle. The dpms bolt would Not work with my barrel. I have heard that some people have got it to work. My advise would be to get the same bolt and carrier to match your barrel.
Old 07-25-2011, 4:25 PM

The only thing about the noveske barrels is they only have them in 7.62 mm. and not .308. I would much rather have a 308 barrel and not have to worry about which ammo I can or cannot put down it.

Chad
Old 07-25-2011, 4:53 PM

You can put any ammo in the noveske rifle they recommend 7.62x51 due to the staked primer but any match ammo will work. This is posted on there web page under the FAQ section so I'm am not making this stuff up.
Old 07-25-2011, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNick View Post
You can put any ammo in the noveske rifle they recommend 7.62x51 due to the staked primer but any match ammo will work. This is posted on there web page under the FAQ section so I'm am not making this stuff up.
Yeah I saw that, just not sure i am going to be buying match grade ammo everytime. Sometimes bulk federal is just as good.

Chad
Old 07-25-2011, 5:50 PM

It's kinda like buying a race car and putting 87 octane in it, you can do it but don't expect to get maximum performance out of it. I have shot the cheap American eagle ammo out if it and still get good groups but it wasnt until I got good match grade ammo that I was really impressed.