Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 07-24-2011, 8:43 PM

Default Recommendations for gritty CZ P-01 trigger

I took my P-01 out yesterday and it was a great shooter for a compact pistol. My only complaint is the gritty factory trigger. I've got a 75B with over 2700 rd through it and a 85 with 6000-10,000 rd through it. The triggers on both those guns have really smoothed out and feel great. I moved my Kadet kit on top of the P-01 but even after 300 rd, the trigger has a long way to go before it feels like the other two.

So I'm trying to figure out what to do as a next step. I figure I can keep shooting it and the trigger gets smoother with use. I can also try installing the Cajun Gun Works kit in it. I've really only upgraded an AR trigger so I'm a little bit wary of taking the CZ apart even though it is supposed to be a < 1 hour job. I can also see if any of the local gunsmiths in the Santa Clarita area could work on it.

Any suggestions? I know a lot of people on Calguns have tuned up their CZs and I'm looking to improve the P-01 trigger to match my other well used CZs.
Old 07-25-2011, 8:56 AM

send it to CZ Custom Shop and have them give it a trigger job. Best thing you can do for any CZ. I did it on my SP-01 and don't miss a penny I spent on it.
Old 07-25-2011, 9:14 AM

I have heard nothing but good things about CZ Custom Shop's work, however if your looking to save some money then the hammer and disconnector drop in kit from Schmeky over at czforumsite is excellent. I did my own install when I had my P01 and didn't think it was too difficult. You can PM me if you want more info on his kit or how to contact him. Hope this helps!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

If you have the money, trigger job. If not, keep shooting it.