Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 01-07-2007, 4:25 PM

Default Acquisition and Disposition record

Ok so I have my C&R license and just got my first C&R rifle - not my only C&R, just first after being licensed. For your A/D record book.. what are you guys using? I assumed there would be a log included in the packet - the actual "Firearms Acquisition & Disposition Record Book" , but it only came with a simple little Personal Record card. I went to the ATF website thinking I would print up a PDF of that sheet...and am still searching now.

If someone can link me - or even a form number - that would be great.

I want to get squared away and compliant asap - think this little card is definitely non compliant

Edit: Thinking in just heading out to pickup one of those books a notary uses

**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other that that ****

Last edited by Nefarious; 01-07-2007 at 4:37 PM..
Old 01-07-2007, 4:57 PM

I've been using these
http://www.surplusrifle.com/graphics/boundbookpage.pdf
Old 01-07-2007, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHC
THats a nice one... thanks

**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other that that ****
Old 01-07-2007, 8:18 PM
Calguns Addict

I rebuilt the Surplusrifle form in Filemaker and just keep a searchable database that I can easily update. I then just print out a new copy whenever I make a change and put that in my bound book.
Old 01-08-2007, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip
I rebuilt the Surplusrifle form in Filemaker and just keep a searchable database that I can easily update. I then just print out a new copy whenever I make a change and put that in my bound book.
Sounds like a great idea.
Are you able to have multiple transactions on 1 printed page? Or is it a seperate page for each transaction?

Old 01-08-2007, 5:46 AM
Calguns Addict

I have the same PDF as the one on surplusrifle.com, but I edited it in Acrobat to make it a PDF form so I just type into the PDF file and save each page. I print out the pages for the hardcopy and have each saved page in PDF form as an electronic backup. That way, I can easily regenerate a hardcopy of my bound book at any time.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 08-19-2009, 7:37 PM

Default Thanks

I'm glad this thread is made where I can gain a lot of useful and informative input.

comparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport - simulation assurance vie ! Les sites de simulation assurance viecomparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport
Old 08-19-2009, 7:55 PM
@ the Dark End of the Bar
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This is what I've been using...

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl;js...3&category=349

I know it's a little elaborate, but I like the "1 gun with photo" per page format. There's room for 72 guns...so it gives you a goal to strive for as well!

I like my records to be orderly and LOOK orderly, just in case the nice ATF agent comes knocking...but plenty of people make their own "bound books" and seem to get along just fine.

To each, their own!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefrank64k View Post

I know it's a little elaborate, but I like the "1 gun with photo" per page format. There's room for 72 guns...so it gives you a goal to strive for as well!

I like my records to be orderly and LOOK orderly, just in case the nice ATF agent comes knocking...but plenty of people make their own "bound books" and seem to get along just fine.

To each, their own!!!
i actually have that one too. still havent put in any pictures yet though. my problem is that i have and have had multipul license for different addresses, even though they have all been consolodated into one now. the atf didnt like that i put them all in one book so i have to get more books.

i bought this one:

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....3&category=349

the problem with this book is that it is for 900 firearms... dont think im going to need quite that many... i am modifying it to work for my own needs and am going to have a couple of different tabs in it so that i can seperate my different licenses. then i will still keep my old one with the photo section to use as a master. i asked the ATF guy and he said that is ok as long as there is a bound book for EACH of my existing AND prior licenses. i am assuming that keeping all of my books as 'chapters' in one big book will be ok. i am using the first cover sheet in the larger book as a templet for my own design where i can write information for each license like

name on license
address (because i have had a number of different ones)
city, state, zip
license number
date range of valid license
number of firearms (number in that 'chapter')
copies of records sent to: (for licenses i have closed out already)
carried over to book number: (for merged licenses)
...and anything else i think might be needed by any atf official like blood type and pee color...

this is being made strictly because of my multipule licenses. if anyone might be interested in my design please let me know. i will probably have it done this weekend and will post more of it then
Old 08-19-2009, 8:27 PM

Quote:
P.S.: how do you attatch photos to your book? i was thinking of going to the store and getting some of those sticky picture holders that glue in and hold the picture by the corners... any suggestions?
Old 08-19-2009, 8:39 PM
Veteran Member

i made my own from a bound book that kids use for school.
Old 08-19-2009, 8:55 PM

Pretty much any of the above described methods will work. I went through an audit at the first year anniversary of my first license using just a spreadsheet that had columns for all the info required in the regs. Passed with flying colors.
Tom
Old 08-19-2009, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdigity View Post
P.S.: how do you attatch photos to your book? i was thinking of going to the store and getting some of those sticky picture holders that glue in and hold the picture by the corners... any suggestions?
I use Scotch Double-Sided Tape...they make a permanent and a removable version.

http://www.staples.com/Scotch-Double...?cmArea=SEARCH

http://www.staples.com/Scotch-Remova...?cmArea=SEARCH

I've been using the removable because that's what I had in the office. The permanent seems a touch thinner, if that's important. They're both listed as "photo-safe". I just run the tape all around the 4 X 6 picture and they stay put.
Old 08-19-2009, 9:52 PM

cool. ill be going to stapels to get my book put together when im done with it so ill get some then
Old 08-21-2009, 11:08 AM

Haven't used it for bound book (yet) but have applied many a photo and other papers to various surfaces including paper using a spraymount glue, R&M brand or something like that.

The stuff works like spray paint and provides a very permanent and thin adhesion. For best results, practice a few times before using on your book. 1) Place pic(s) face down on newspaper or other disposable surface, 2) spray evenly and briefy (once over) from about 12-18-inches away, 3) pick up corner or edge of pic with fingers, foreceps or exacto blade (the latter is my fav), and finally 4) align very carefully and slowly lower pic where you want it. Once it even barely touches the surface, that's where it stays, pretty much forever. With a little practice, this is a very effective and clean way to apply pics, documents, graphics, etc. to a flat, smooth, even surface. Any residual glue on pic or anywhere that you don't want it can be swabbed up with Bestine or some other non-staining solvent. Bestine is what I've always used.

Anyhow, hope that provides at least one other option for you.

RJ

Last edited by River Jack; 08-21-2009 at 11:10 AM..
Old 08-24-2009, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Jack View Post
Haven't used it for bound book (yet) but have applied many a photo and other papers to various surfaces including paper using a spraymount glue, R&M brand or something like that.

The stuff works like spray paint and provides a very permanent and thin adhesion. For best results, practice a few times before using on your book. 1) Place pic(s) face down on newspaper or other disposable surface, 2) spray evenly and briefy (once over) from about 12-18-inches away, 3) pick up corner or edge of pic with fingers, foreceps or exacto blade (the latter is my fav), and finally 4) align very carefully and slowly lower pic where you want it. Once it even barely touches the surface, that's where it stays, pretty much forever. With a little practice, this is a very effective and clean way to apply pics, documents, graphics, etc. to a flat, smooth, even surface. Any residual glue on pic or anywhere that you don't want it can be swabbed up with Bestine or some other non-staining solvent. Bestine is what I've always used.

Anyhow, hope that provides at least one other option for you.

RJ
Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-24-2009, 7:28 PM

Here's the page I made for the book, see attached PDF. Works fine, it needs to be printed on legal size paper though. I have same form for a standard letter size page, it's way too cramped.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CR Book Legal.pdf (9.8 KB, 121 views)
Old 03-09-2010, 5:30 PM

Thanks for the info!

Quote:

To each, their own!!!