Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 01-01-2007, 6:46 PM

Default hosercam videos 12-31-06

New year eve steel match

I'm getting better at this hosercam thing. The video quality is a lot better this time. That and I figured out what color to paint the targets so they show up on video.

I burned down this stage

Norco pipeline

5 shots through the stupid donut

stupid malfuntion

Last edited by Yar; 01-23-2007 at 12:02 PM..
Old 01-01-2007, 7:38 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Where was this at? I'd love to get into that kind of shooting!

John
Old 01-01-2007, 8:01 PM

That looked like Raahauges? I'm guessing that "SSA" is Shooting Sports Alliance? Man, I gotta try that!
Old 01-01-2007, 8:43 PM

Yes it's Raahauges which is in norco/corona. About 1/2 hour from you guys down the 91 fwy. You guys should come out we have matches 1st,3rd, and 5th sundays.

Ask for Ray everyone there knows who I am. I design all the courses of fire.
Old 01-01-2007, 9:22 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I think somebody ought to put together a CalGuns Novice day, that would be fun.

John
Old 01-01-2007, 9:25 PM

Real nice! So where you got the camera? tell us more about it...
Old 01-01-2007, 10:02 PM

It's a hosercam. You can check them out at hosercam.com

It's a x10 wireless cam fitted to a pair of ear muffs. The yellow tackle box you might see in some of the vids houses the attenna and a camcorder.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 PM

Jim do you shoot at on target (indoor gun range in your town). They run a begginer ipsc match. Real simple, real low stress, great for newer comptition shooters. Wednesday nights at 7 PM. Show up a little early for sign ups. I seem to remember it's like $10 and you'll need maybe 150-200 rounds.

While our match is more advanced we have lots of first timers. If you got basic safe gun handling skills, and an idea of how to use your sights your good to go.

If you go to the on target match ask for Jason Camp. He is the match director and a all around nice guy. You can cut your teeth there and then come out to norco when you got some basic match skills down.

Last edited by Yar; 01-01-2007 at 10:08 PM..
Old 01-01-2007, 10:15 PM

Glock 17 open gun configured primarly as a Steel Gun. Built by Bob Hostettler. JPoint sight low melted into the slide, Barsto barrel, custom 3 port comp, SJC magwell. Minor polish and re-spring of the trigger. The thing is a shooter.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar
Jim do you shoot at on target (indoor gun range in your town). They run a begginer ipsc match. Real simple, real low stress, great for newer comptition shooters. Wednesday nights at 7 PM. Show up a little early for sign ups. I seem to remember it's like $10 and you'll need maybe 150-200 rounds.

While our match is more advanced we have lots of first timers. If you got basic safe gun handling skills, and an idea of how to use your sights your good to go.

If you go to the on target match ask for Jason Camp. He is the match director and a all around nice guy. You can cut your teeth there and then come out to norco when you got some basic match skills down.
Haven't actually done much shooting over the last year, only shot once at On-Target since the new owner took over. Wish it was more frequent, but with two little ones in the house now it's difficult. When things slow down a little bit I'd love to get involved in some competitive shooting, not so much to compete as just having something organized and regularly scheduled is easier to fit into my busy family life right now.

I might check out that IPSC match, they're only two exits down the freeway from me. But that steel shooting sure looks like fun!

John
Old 01-01-2007, 10:42 PM

Yeah basic plinking gets boring. While we call them "matches" because score is kept, it's more of a organized fun shoot.

I'm a steel guy at heart. There is just something about the way that steel sings when you hit it that cardboard just doesn't give you.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:44 PM

I figured while I at it here are videos from the ipsc match I shot 2 weeks ago. This is also at norco, they got ipsc every sat.

Ray Stage 1

Ray Stage 2 aka Gangster Homeboy execution style over baricade

Ray Stage 3

Ray Stage 4

Ray Stage 5

Ray Stage 6
Old 01-02-2007, 11:57 AM

Thats really cool...looks like a lot of fun too.
Old 01-04-2007, 1:34 PM

Thumbs up nice open Glock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar
Glock 17 open gun configured primarly as a Steel Gun. Built by Bob Hostettler. JPoint sight low melted into the slide, Barsto barrel, custom 3 port comp, SJC magwell. Minor polish and re-spring of the trigger. The thing is a shooter.
Yar,

I've seen yous 'round the Glocktalk forum. Hiya doin'?

That is a nice open Glock! I used to have one built on a G35, but it had an Aimpoint Comp XD with an Aimtech mount, EFK Firedragon ported barrel, and trigger job by Charlie Vanek and all of the other little fixins. NO expense was spared! However, I decommissioned the gun and now it's just a regular Glock 35.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the specs on your Glock i.e. recoil spring weight, tungsten or stainless guiderod? Also, what video camera were you using with the Hoser cam?

What kind of race holster do you use? I had a CR Speed Model G, but it seems that is the only one that will work with it because Safariland doesn't make one for Glocks. The other make is JR Holster, which I don't know of very well. Below is a pic of the JR holster.

Last edited by shooterx10; 01-04-2007 at 1:40 PM..
Old 01-04-2007, 7:57 PM

The open gun started life out as a glock 17. Modern thinking is this is the platform to build open glocks because of capacity and lenght of pistol. Because you need to build the glock comp a inch longer than say a 1911 comp the gun would be just too long when built on a glock 34.

The gun was built by bob hostettler and was set up to shoot open minor for steel matches. The comp is a 3 port aluminum, fitted barsto barrel, tungsten guide rod, and 13# ismi spring. The trigger is just resprung, with a polished 3.5 lbs connector. The sight is a melted jpoint.

For holster I use a modified ghost holster with a crspeed versa hanger. I'm using a canon elura 100 camcorder with the hosercam.

I got a glock 35 with a vanek trigger too. The trigger on my open gun is good enough about 2.25lbs which is what I like. 1.25 is just too light for me.
Old 01-06-2007, 8:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar

Ask for Ray everyone there knows who I am. I design all the courses of fire.

Have we met?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:09 PM

Name sounds framilar. In a previous life time maybe. I shoot with Mark on a regular basis. He still won't drop his mags on the ground.
Old 01-14-2007, 7:21 AM

Shooting steel is aways a good time. One of these days I'm going to have to come our and shoot a match. The sedond course of fire looked like a hoot!
Old 01-15-2007, 1:59 PM

Pretty slick. These are some good vids.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Calguns Addict

nice vids!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:02 PM

Fixed my video links
Old 01-29-2007, 9:18 PM

Yar,

What magwell is that you're using? Does it come in a large size? LOL

I like it.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:59 PM

The magwell is made by SJC. While it looks rediculous in size it is very funtional. The magwell forces your support hand into the same position each time so it really helps to extablish a good grip. Also for table starts it holds the grip up off the table so I can get my fingers around it. I can just get the gun in action quicker off the table than I could without.
Old 01-31-2007, 8:41 PM
In Memoriam

Default Get out to our matches

These matches are great fun and we have new shooter and beginners all the time in fact at the last match we had 14 new shooters. www.ssashooter.com Next match is a 1 or 2 gun event 2/4 at Raahauges Starts around 9Am Hope to see you all there Look Ray or Ron up......
Old 02-01-2007, 12:04 AM

pm sent to yar
Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Calguns Addict

great vids!
Old 02-01-2007, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisted
These matches are great fun and we have new shooter and beginners all the time in fact at the last match we had 14 new shooters. www.ssashooter.com Next match is a 1 or 2 gun event 2/4 at Raahauges Starts around 9Am Hope to see you all there Look Ray or Ron up......
Mr Twisted, I sent you an email with my interest in shooting some matches and joining the club.
Old 02-02-2007, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar
I figured while I at it here are videos from the ipsc match I shot 2 weeks ago. This is also at norco, they got ipsc every sat.

Ray Stage 1

Ray Stage 2 aka Gangster Homeboy execution style over baricade

Ray Stage 3

Ray Stage 4

Ray Stage 5

Ray Stage 6
Links no worky
Old 02-14-2007, 3:02 PM

Question Norco Hoser cam

Yar,

This vid has been removed, but I have it saved and watched it many times. Pretty cool vid! I got some questions if you know any of them:

1. who's the guy with the "R" rated language?

2. who's the guy with the purple anodized JP Enterprises AR?!?!? And it's open class!!!

3. This gal has a pretty nice Glock:

Here is the website: http://www.jvdynamics.com/nrg_old/multimedia.php
Old 02-14-2007, 3:17 PM

wow, that is really cool
Old 02-14-2007, 5:50 PM

That is Jojo shooting his carry gun. The comentary is done by Ron Filho. Jojo is a grandmaster and one of the nations best practical shooters though his carry piece seems like it needs some work much to Ron's delight.

The purple AR belongs to Ralph Arredondo. Ralph won 1st place at last years IPSC world shoot in the super senior class. He has a company that makes firearms accessories best known for their awesome basepads

The lady is Debbie K. She is one of the nations top female shooters.

All these vids are shot at Norco Ca at Raahauges my home range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterx10
Yar,

This vid has been removed, but I have it saved and watched it many times. Pretty cool vid! I got some questions if you know any of them:

1. who's the guy with the "R" rated language?

2. who's the guy with the purple anodized JP Enterprises AR?!?!? And it's open class!!!

3. This gal has a pretty nice Glock:

Here is the website: http://www.jvdynamics.com/nrg_old/multimedia.php
Old 02-15-2007, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar
That is Jojo shooting his carry gun. The comentary is done by Ron Filho. Jojo is a grandmaster and one of the nations best practical shooters though his carry piece seems like it needs some work much to Ron's delight.

The purple AR belongs to Ralph Arredondo. Ralph won 1st place at last years IPSC world shoot in the super senior class. He has a company that makes firearms accessories best known for their awesome basepads

The lady is Debbie K. She is one of the nations top female shooters.

All these vids are shot at Norco Ca at Raahauges my home range.
Jojo carries a Beretta? At least it looks like one. The first expletive that he uttered was when he looked like he failed to seat the mag all the way in!

For the newbies, Ralph Arredondo owns Arredondo Accessories: www.arredondoaccessories.com He makes pretty cool 3-gun stuff too!

Does Taran Butler shoot at your range too? I heard that he was an awesome 3-gun shooter. I think at one CA or AZ 3-gun match, Taran was shooting Tactical class and Matt Burkett was shooting Open and Taran actually beat him to take 1st! You'd think that a competitor shooting open with his speedloaders, dual optics on his rifle, optics and comp on the shotgun, etc. would be hard to beat for a guy shooting tactical class.

Last edited by shooterx10; 02-15-2007 at 8:32 AM..
Old 02-15-2007, 9:44 AM

Jojo was shooting a sig, don't remember which model as all these videos are over 3 years old. Yes Taran shoots at Norco too. The article in front sight was incorrect. While Taran did win tactical class he would not of beaten Matt. If you were to place all his stages hit factors and run them against open class shooters he would not of gotten nearly as many stage wins. The short story was this was covered in matt's radio show when he and Taran were talking. Matt pretty much owns open division and Taran owns tactical. Head to head with the appropriate equipment in their chosen class Matt would take Taran.