Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 07-06-2011, 4:34 PM
Veteran Member

Default Mortgages and Security Clearance Acceptance/Denial

I'm a Vet trying to get back into my old job as a DOD civil service employee, but my divorce has left me in a bad situation with the mortgage that went with the house that my ex got. Our divorce decree clearly stated that she would have the house AND be responsible for payments, but she has been unwilling to refinance and take my name off of the mortgages. On top of that, she stopped paying the 2nd mortgage. I'm aware that in the eyes of the bank, I'm on the hook for this stuff. I'm willing to take the credit hit and let the bank foreclose on the home due to the 2nd mortgages delinquency, but I'm not sure how this will affect my eligibility for clearance.

Anyone here have knowledge or experience in this matter?
Old 07-06-2011, 4:47 PM
Veteran Member

As long as it isn't in your name/credit and you have an explanation for it in your SF86 it shouldn't be a problem. Use the "explanation" section to your fullest.

OIF 07-09 Veteran
NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member
Old 07-06-2011, 4:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah02 View Post
As long as it isn't in your name/credit and you have an explanation for it in your SF86 it shouldn't be a problem. Use the "explanation" section to your fullest.
I'm on the hook because it's in my name. My credit has already suffered. I'm prepared to provide a detailed explanation. Hopefully I look good as a whole; honorable discharge, CO's commendation and recommendation letters, good references from the DOD former co-workers that still work there, etc. I even have great credit history before this mortgage debacle.
Old 07-06-2011, 6:34 PM

Explain it. Don't hide anything. Good luck!
Old 07-06-2011, 6:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Explain it. Don't hide anything. Good luck!
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Explain everything. Show that in the paperwork she was supposed to do her part, but has not followed through with it like everyone else has said. I would also contact the banks with the divorce paperwork, and see if they can remove you, or if you need to go to court to have yourself removed from it.

We were the last boat to carry this flag in the original tradition. Now every boat carries it.The tradition is lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croweman08 View Post
Should i have to explain myself to the girlfriend if she finds me in my underwear cleaning my mistress
Old 07-09-2011, 6:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihorn View Post
Explain everything. Show that in the paperwork she was supposed to do her part, but has not followed through with it like everyone else has said. I would also contact the banks with the divorce paperwork, and see if they can remove you, or if you need to go to court to have yourself removed from it.
I'll be sure to be clear with my explanations. The banks don't recognize divorce papers. A divorce decree is only a contract between the couple getting divorced. I'm talking to a lawyer about post dissolution, now. Just not sure how much i can spend to get this fixed.
Old 07-10-2011, 2:37 AM

my secret clearance went through with a foreclosure last year. i didn't have to talk to investigators or anything. it was a clearance renewal so i don't think they were as critical as they were when i got my clearance initially.
The 45 ACP trail eventually leads to 1911 ownership.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

I'm not sure if mine classifies as a renewal or a new one. I haven't worked there for about three years.