Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 PM

Idk, maybe you guys are looking for a deeper explanation for the "handling" fee than "handling" but im thinking its for them handling the paperwork and storing the gun for your waiting period. I think this pretty much covers it.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/handling

Definition of HANDLING
1a : the action of one that handles something
b : a process by which something is handled in a commercial transaction; especially : the packaging and shipping of an object or material (as to a consumer)

2 : the manner in which something is treated (as in a musical, literary, or art work)
See handling defined for English-language learners
Old 09-16-2011, 8:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWinder11 View Post
I just want to say I think a store in Ventura County would be a gold mine for you.

Please consider us for one.
+1 on a Ventura location, Heck anywhere from Simi Valley, Camarillo, Oxnard or Ventura would be great
Old 09-16-2011, 9:05 AM

Well the fall flyer has expired and I cant wait for the next flyers it may decide what my next gun purchase will be. When can we expect it?
Old 09-16-2011, 9:44 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaiii View Post
Well the fall flyer has expired and I cant wait for the next flyers it may decide what my next gun purchase will be. When can we expect it?
The next flyer (or catalog ) will be mailed in mid-November and will start on Black Friday.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest (Coming Soon)

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List
Old 09-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Johnson View Post
Idk, maybe you guys are looking for a deeper explanation for the "handling" fee than "handling" but im thinking its for them handling the paperwork and storing the gun for your waiting period. I think this pretty much covers it.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/handling

Definition of HANDLING
1a : the action of one that handles something
b : a process by which something is handled in a commercial transaction; especially : the packaging and shipping of an object or material (as to a consumer)

2 : the manner in which something is treated (as in a musical, literary, or art work)
See handling defined for English-language learners
I'm quite certain everyone here knows the definition... however, as it applies to your explanation, that is typically covered with the DROS fee... of course Turners could charge $5 more for DROS and be in the thread about what dealers charge for DROS, but at least it would be explained.

They way you state it, it's a normal fee that everyone should be familiar with - but that's incorrect; most dealers (none that I'm aware of) add a "handleing fee" to the invoice... clearly they may increase purchase price by $5 or DROS by $5, but it is not so ambiguous that way.

I think the point people have been making in this thread is it seems to be presented as a "hidden" fee (as in uncommon and not openly explained)...

Thanks for your input though (even though I'm pretty sure your aren't a representative of turners)
Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaiii View Post
+1 on a Ventura location, Heck anywhere from Simi Valley, Camarillo, Oxnard or Ventura would be great
+1 million on anywhere in Ventura County

Old 09-16-2011, 2:26 PM

Originally Posted by bonzaiii

The next flyer (or catalog ) will be mailed in mid-November and will start on Black Friday.

So um will we have access to the black friday catalog shopping a day early and perhaps allowed to get the amazing deals a day early if we go in to the store purchase?

Cmon help out a fellow Cal Gunner... I hate being told sold out and insane lines.... Oh um how about some $ 5 dollar fee waiver coupons for us early shoppers? I heard santa is going to get me a nice new AR 15 for XMAS
Old 09-16-2011, 4:01 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbirnbaum2 View Post

So um will we have access to the black friday catalog shopping a day early and perhaps allowed to get the amazing deals a day early if we go in to the store purchase?

Cmon help out a fellow Cal Gunner... I hate being told sold out and insane lines.... Oh um how about some $ 5 dollar fee waiver coupons for us early shoppers? I heard santa is going to get me a nice new AR 15 for XMAS

You'll definitely have the catalog well before Turkey Day, so that we'll have you all fired up on the day it starts

Not likely that we can do a preview sale, but you're on to something with regards to the fee- but better than a one-time waiver- details to follow soon...

And we'll have take-a-number machines in all stores- and we'll hand out tickets for those waiting outside before we open to eliminate the line-jumpers and alleviate as much back up as we can...

Store Location Info

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 09-16-2011 at 4:05 PM..
Old 09-16-2011, 4:59 PM

Does Turners have some kind of price match policy for guns currently being DROSed?

Last Friday (9/9) I paid for an XD40 Essentials kit and started my DROS, but I just saw the new weekly ad has it for $399.98.
Old 09-16-2011, 6:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
We don't need a definition... we know what it is.

But their prices honestly are not THAT good. They're making money on the sale of the gun... then they're throwing another $5 on top of it all.
Their regular prices are just "okay".
Their sale prices are just "okay"... you can do better from Davidson's, Bass Pro, and even some local shops.

Now, if Turner's were a nationwide company and they only charged the $5 in states that had the extra paperwork and waiting period, then ya... I could understand that... but Turner's is SoCal only at this point.

It's just an extra $5 of pure profit tacked on that the customer forgets about.

And I did. I bought a G26 last Spring. It was on sale.
Sale price was $5 lower than OC Indoor's regular OTC price.
No, it didn't cost me any more... but had I remembered the extra $5, I would have given my business to OC Indoor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA is our insurance against their success.
Old 09-17-2011, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post

Now, if Turner's were a nationwide company and they only charged the $5 in states that had the extra paperwork and waiting period, then ya... I could understand that... but Turner's is SoCal only at this point.
Last time I checked SoCal is part of California -- the most "extra paperwork and waiting period" intense State of the Union.
Old 09-17-2011, 9:23 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki View Post
Does Turners have some kind of price match policy for guns currently being DROSed?

Last Friday (9/9) I paid for an XD40 Essentials kit and started my DROS, but I just saw the new weekly ad has it for $399.98.
Yes we do. Just contact one of the managers at the Turner's you bought it at and they'll take care of you.

Store Location Info

Old 09-17-2011, 9:50 PM

If you are worried about $5,,I assume when you buy a car and they want to charge a $395 Document fee you tell them where to go since they made at LEAST $1000 on the deal,,whether it is "holdback",, low balling your trade, or the kickback on financing on the deal you THINK you got. I always do,,and they do away with it!!! I can eat $5, and appreciate the extra time to sell a gun vs buying something at 7/11 where you are in and out in 15 seconds!!!!! Think about it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Last time I checked SoCal is part of California -- the most "extra paperwork and waiting period" intense State of the Union.
Exactly what I was saying.

It's not like the California stores have to deal with issues that their AZ stores don't have to deal with.
Every store has exactly the same paperwork.

Quote:
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA is our insurance against their success.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
If you are worried about $5,,I assume when you buy a car and they want to charge a $395 Document fee you tell them where to go since they made at LEAST $1000 on the deal,,whether it is "holdback",, low balling your trade, or the kickback on financing on the deal you THINK you got. I always do,,and they do away with it!!
As a matter of fact, I do.

I go in prepped with what I want and what I will pay for it out the door.
If they can meet or beat that OTD price, they get my money and I get the car.
If not, I move on.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Made in the USA

oh boy... this will be one of those forever circles that live in forum immortality...

... not unlike politics & religion - many have different perception (I still think some are arguing the price - but many are arguing the principal)...

I'm sure there is a clear/concise explanation... many things in life have a reason - but often it's not obvious (or otherwise clearly defined --> not an invitation for more definition of "handling")... just one man's observation...

I'm sure the thread is better served by moving on...

Last edited by LBDamned; 09-17-2011 at 11:36 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 4:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownpuncher View Post
Really? You're really comparing this to "every problem"?

This store is nice enough to provide representation on this forum, provide timely feedback to its customers, and generally from what I have seen, takes care of them better than most businesses of their size.

The $5 charge has been discussed ad naseum both in this thread as well as several others where links were provided. I'm relatively new to the forum and even I can find it.

Continuously wanking about the fee does nothing but show your limited mental capacity to comprehend what has already been said and explained several times, therefore, it is what it is.

If it bothers you that much, go somewhere else. Chances are when you do have a problem you won't find the customer service that Turners provides. Of course you can always buy online and save a few bucks, but then you would have to pay shipping and would have no limit on the FFL fee. Or you could drive around town looking for the best deal, wasting more than the $5 you are complaining about.

To me, $5 isn't that big of a deal to support a local store who takes an active interest in the community and takes care of their customers. Maybe if there were more businesses like that and more people who thought like that there would be fewer wal marts and other big box stores with the service of a morgue.

Hey just because you think $5 isnt a big deal doesnt mean other people dont. This is about asking questions and getting answers. I have no problem with Turners customer service or products and I have a very good relationship with the store and I have for years. I wanted an answer for a question I asked.

And if it has been discussed ad naseum or whatever you say then why couldnt you be nice enough to post a link instead of acting like a jerk just because YOUR sick of hearing about it. I still havent got a good reason why its being charged.

And the "oh this store is supporting the gun community" isnt a good answer because there are plenty of stores that do the same thing without a fee.

Most of what your saying to me I never had a problem with. It sounds to me like you have anger issues. Why are you getting so upset about a $5 question? What gives you the right to nit pick on what issues are good enough and what other are not? I have never paid any kind of "fee" large or small when buying a gun from any where else and all I did was ASK why it was being charged. If you read my first post I said I dont have a problem paying it if it was disclosed prior and explained.

And how have I continuously "wanked" about a fee? This was the first time I have said anything about it. Responding to others post in regards to this topic isnt wanking. Its discussing. You sound like you have issues dude. You would rather degrade me than help me find the previous posts? Thanks for the help. I didnt try to search. Sorry if that angered you oh great one.

And great customer service? I have been treated badly on several times at Turners and I have never complained about it because I like the store so much so keep your customer service experience for your self. Not everyone agrees on the same issues. And even though I have been treated rudely at Turners I will still go back and I dont hold it against them. Why should we feel so "grateful" to a shop that does what many others do? That doesnt give an excuse to act badly or charge whatever they wish.

Driving around looking for a store? Its called "the internet yellow pages" or a google search. Your putting words and situations in my mouth that Ive never enough brought up. So why bring my mental capacity into this? People who usually bash others have issues of their own that they are ashamed and insecure of. You fit that profile well.

If you dont have any solutions or quality responses other than " Just pay it or go somewhere else" then keep out!

This is a message board remember? And Im done dealing with you and discussing this topic. Thanks for the tongue lashing when this could have been solved with some friendly help in the right direction. Wierdo

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

Last edited by blazeaglory; 09-18-2011 at 4:41 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 4:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

LOL! Its a gun store! How much could it cost to store a gun and handle paper work? Thats what they are in business to do and they do it every day.

How is what you just said a good explanation?

So should Mcdonalds charge $5 for storing buns for my big mac? And paper work? I filled out all the paperwork so should they pay me for handling the paper work? Lol

Im done now. I dont even care about the fee. All I wanted was a LEGITIMATE explanation and what I received was angry ramblings and a generic explanation.

I love Turners to death. But now I know who to avoid in the Turners forum..Lol

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
Old 09-22-2011, 3:00 AM
Veteran Member

Last time I checked this was a things you would like to ask Turners thread! Not a things that Turners does that I cannot stand and want to keep arguing about it thread. Ask Turners your question. If answered than move on, Even if you didnt like the answer. If not answered after asking, Just take your money elsewhere. No big deal, but if you want to bash Turners over $5 than make your own thread.

This thread was not created to strain relationships with Turners but to enhance them! They have been more than pleasent and helpfull to more than a few members.

"I'm damned glad to be here..." George Patton

Last edited by Napalm Bulldog; 09-24-2011 at 12:17 AM..
Old 09-22-2011, 6:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abulldog4me View Post
Last time I checked this was a things you would like to ask Turners thread! Not a things that Turners does that I cannot stand and want to keep arguing about it thread. Ask Turners your question. If answered than move on, Even if you didnt like the answer. If not answered after asking, Just take your money elsewhere. No big deal, but if you want to bash Turners over $5 than make your own thread.

This thread was not created to strain relationships with Turners but to ehance them! They have been more than pleasent and helpfull to more than a few members.
Yes! Agree completely
Old 09-22-2011, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeaglory View Post
And if it has been discussed ad naseum or whatever you say then why couldnt you be nice enough to post a link instead of acting like a jerk just because YOUR sick of hearing about it. I still havent got a good reason why its being charged.
Here... It was about 6 posts above your initial question, which BTW, I had no issue with.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=168

Quote:
It sounds to me like you have anger issues. Why are you getting so upset about a $5 question?
Perhaps I do, but honestly I'm not upset about a $5 fee question, I'm upset about your snarky reply to my comment trying to move on. My apologies for trying to use this thread to do what it was designed for... you know... ask Turners a question, not discuss the merits of fee's in California.

Quote:
And how have I continuously "wanked" about a fee? This was the first time I have said anything about it.
Poor choice of words on my part, should have said continuously discussed in a thread not really meant for it.

Quote:
And great customer service? I have been treated badly on several times at Turners and I have never complained about it because I like the store so much so keep your customer service experience for your self. Not everyone agrees on the same issues.
I was referring to the service I see multiple people with problems, myself included, get on this message board, and in particular from this particular thread.

Quote:
Wierdo
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by abulldog4me View Post

This thread was not created to strain relationships with Turners but to ehance them! They have been more than pleasent and helpfull to more than a few members
AMEN.... Sorry I couldn't say it this eloquently.
Old 09-22-2011, 1:35 PM

+100 to the above posts. These sponsor forums shouldn't turn into ***** and whine fests, or, even worse...

They're a VERY VALUABLE resource for direct communications with the vendor, and if you don't like the way they conduct things, take your money elsewhere. But let's not turn these sponsor forums into a negative for the sponsor.
Old 09-22-2011, 3:01 PM

We need turners to get some Saiga rifles/shotguns.
Im looking to buy a 5.45 and .308 saiga rifle.
Old 09-22-2011, 7:48 PM
Made in the USA

^^^ +1 on .308!
Old 09-22-2011, 8:12 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
^^^ +1 on .308!
We've had the nicer looking Arsenal rifles and shotguns and now we're working on the price point rifles. We have a "legacy" legal issue to resolve- we won't go into details (so don't ask guys )- and we'll have these in stock, likely early next month.

Keep the suggestions coming guys; if you'll buy, we'll get it for you.

Store Location Info

Old 09-22-2011, 9:15 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
We've had the nicer looking Arsenal rifles and shotguns and now we're working on the price point rifles. We have a "legacy" legal issue to resolve- we won't go into details (so don't ask guys )- and we'll have these in stock, likely early next month.

Keep the suggestions coming guys; if you'll buy, we'll get it for you.
I need a twelve-step program
Old 09-24-2011, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
I need a twelve-step program
This.

So many good deals!
Old 09-25-2011, 1:14 PM

Will you guys be doing the glocktober sales again next month?
Old 09-26-2011, 8:20 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykoasn View Post
Will you guys be doing the glocktober sales again next month?
Tentatively, yes. We are planning for the 3rd week in October but it's not set in stone quite yet.

Store Location Info

Old 09-26-2011, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Tentatively, yes. We are planning for the 3rd week in October but it's not set in stone quite yet.
Awesome thanks, I'll wait for the email from you guys
Old 09-27-2011, 3:09 PM

I saw in one of your previous postings that Turners locations should be doing PPT for properly configured fixed magazine AR15's regardless of where the item was purchased..

Does this also apply for Saiga 12's in sporter configuration?

WTB: 28"+ VersaMax or 28"+ 930 barrel
WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)

Free rides with Lyft

Starline Brass for Sale
Old 09-27-2011, 3:24 PM
CGN Contributor

Have always enjoyed and been fully and professionally helped at the Fountain Valley store... but then again I go in knowing what I want already and am in and out. When I did have a question I always received as much help as I needed. I just wish One of the local gun stores would do Transfers at the Gun show...Last time I had to drive out to Beaumont because I couldn't find a local store to do it. I know its a pain...but the good will would go a long way...If I am wrong and just didn't look hard enough when I was there apologies...
Old 09-27-2011, 4:23 PM

have to say +1 for the new culture that Turners is trying to foster both in their stores and here on Calguns.net

WTB: 28"+ VersaMax or 28"+ 930 barrel
WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)

Free rides with Lyft

Starline Brass for Sale
Old 09-27-2011, 4:30 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMail View Post
I saw in one of your previous postings that Turners locations should be doing PPT for properly configured fixed magazine AR15's regardless of where the item was purchased..

Does this also apply for Saiga 12's in sporter configuration?
Refer to one of the posts on this page or the prior page for info about Saigas; PM sent.

Store Location Info

Old 09-28-2011, 7:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Send me a PM when you have a calguns only special on stripped lowers again! I missed the last one!

Im addicted to Turners. Im going to FV tomorrow to shop around. Im thinking about picking up some slugs and some lube and who know what else.

Old 09-28-2011, 7:58 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Send me a PM when you have a calguns only special on stripped lowers again! I missed the last one!

Im addicted to Turners. Im going to FV tomorrow to shop around. Im thinking about picking up some slugs and some lube and who know what else.
No problem

Store Location Info

Old 09-29-2011, 2:39 AM

Hi! I am a happy new Turners customer, looking forward to many more fruitful visits So far I bought 3 stunning condition Mosin's, a 795 Marlin, a C9 Hi Point and a 995TS Hi Point 9mm Carbine.

Quick question about the Hi Point 995T: (this might also prove useful to prospective buyers)

How easy would it be to re-convert the 995TS with a new magazine release button purchased from Hi Point in the event of say, a move out of state, if it can be done period? I am tempted to take a look but am leery of disassembling the whole gun just to investigate this matter and then still not being entirely sure at that. I figured it was easier to just ask! Thanks a lot,
-A most pleased customer

Last edited by Pissedashell; 10-11-2011 at 10:23 PM..
Old 09-29-2011, 8:32 AM

Location: Riverside, Southern Province, People's Republic of KALIFORNIA

Depends if/how much the hole for the mag release has been opened up. I don't have the new model 995 but I think I have seen the bb is screwed into the stock.

HiPoint will send you any parts free for the asking, so you might want to get those before you disassemble your stock so you can measure the hole and compare parts.

If the hole in the stock is too big you may need a new stock, or maybe make up a bushing to make up the difference.
Old 09-30-2011, 9:32 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pissedashell View Post
Hi! I am a happy new Turners customer, looking forward to many more fruitful visits So far I bought 3 stunning condition Mosin's, a 795 Marlin, a C9 Hi Point and a 995TS Hi Point 9mm Carbine.

Quick question about the Hi Point 995T: (this might also prove useful to prospective buyers)

There is a possibility that I might relocate in the distant future, and would thus not have a need for a bullet button anymore. How easy would it be to re-convert the 995TS with a new magazine release button purchased from Hi Point in the event of a move out of state, if it can be done period? I am tempted to take a look but am leery of disassembling the whole gun just to investigate this matter and then still not being entirely sure at that. I figured it was easier to just ask! Thanks a lot,
-A most pleased customer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGGUY View Post
Depends if/how much the hole for the mag release has been opened up. I don't have the new model 995 but I think I have seen the bb is screwed into the stock.

HiPoint will send you any parts free for the asking, so you might want to get those before you disassemble your stock so you can measure the hole and compare parts.

If the hole in the stock is too big you may need a new stock, or maybe make up a bushing to make up the difference.
We'll run this past the folks that are doing the conversion for us and we'll let you know.

Store Location Info

Old 09-30-2011, 10:08 AM

Thank you very much! I am sure anything can be done, where there's a will there is a way ... just might depend on the arduousness factor is all hehe as JAGGUY says (I am not super handy so I guess I wonder how much it might run me to pay someone to do it if there is machining there to be done and what not) OKthanks Peace!